Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best anime / manga moments
Do As Infinity Forum > Downtown > Anime & Game Center
Pages: 1, 2, 3
DoAsInfinity
i was inspired to make this thread after reading so much One Piece

everytime i remember this scene i feel like crying :buncry: :buncry: :buncry: :buncry: :buncry:

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><a href='http://www.xenoflux.net/stuff/onePieceBest.jpg' target='_blank'>one piece</a></span>

what a great moment. it reminds you how precious your friends, family, and other loved ones are. and it's better to have a handful of friends that you really KNOW, than having a billion 'friends' that you hardly KNOW.

well done OP, certainly well done
SmellyCat67
Most of my favorite anime/manga moments were from Naruto. I have others, but... I'm lazy.

1. Zabuza dying next to Haku
(It was so sad when Zabuza finally realized how much Haku loved him.)

2. Sakura fights to defend Naruto and Sasuke
(I thought it was cool to see her finally fight and be "liberated")

In the manga... I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll be vague.

3. The development of the relationship between Shikamaru and Chouji

4. Neji stops being an ass
Riot Blade
QUOTE(SmellyCat67)
Most of my favorite anime/manga moments were from Naruto. I have others, but... I'm lazy.

Recently started watching Naruto and that scene with Zabuza and Haku is definately one of my favourite moments in an anime :thumbup:

too lazy to remember the others from other anime I like... sleep.gif
Ukiha
Umm

1) The End of Initial D: the Movie
When Takumi and Mogi say there final good bye and go off to live there seperate lives.... I cried.....

2) The Last Episode of Love Hina
My Life Ended that Day, I lost all will to live......I cried.....

3)eX-Drivers
When Lisa and Lorna wondered what Will Happen when they arent needed anymore....I cried here too....

4) Shaman King
Realizing Anna is just a couple lines and I will never be able to meet her :cry:

5) Naruto
a)Like Smelly, when Chouji went on about how Shikamaru always believed in him.....almost cried....

b.) When Hinata fought with Neji during the Prelims

c) When Sasuke had his goodbye speech to Sakura the night he left Konoha

6) Macross Plus
When Gol sacrificed himself for Isamu and Whats her Face....cried.....

Video Games

1) Kingdom Hearts

When Riku gets locked on ther other side of the Door...felt like crying...

2) The End of every Final Fantasy ...cried....

I need a minute :tear:

edit, whoops, I listed all the times I cried instead of the best moments....
rumble fish
1) I agree with emperor, alabasta(sp?) is the best part in one piece. I cried reading sanji's, nami's, and chopper's past. Now one piece is getting kinda boring...and sanji(my favourite) isn't fighting much...but robin's so cool though. :bigthumb:

2) Naruto...the battle between sakura and ino(in anime, with all the soundtrack) was touching. Chouji's so cool now. :rolling: God, shikamaru is so sexy...too bad his still a kid. :eyesroll:

3) Rayblade(video game): the 'reoone' ending where she was in bad shape and still fight along side with the main character. She died after the last battle. :buncry:
DoAsInfinity
QUOTE(rumble fish)
1) I agree with emperor, alabasta(sp?) is the best part in one piece.  I cried reading sanji's, nami's, and chopper's past.  Now one piece is getting kinda boring...and sanji(my favourite) isn't fighting much...but robin's so cool though. :bigthumb:

robin is so sexy :wink:
rumble fish
It was so cool when robin throw(more like roll) that fat guy off the cliff. I guess we'll be waiting for a long time to see her past...damn, I wanna see it right now!
Emperor, up till where have you read one piece? I dun wanna spoil things for you.
DoAsInfinity
ive read all of em, up to half of volume 33

that was a fat woman she threw off the cliff btw
rumble fish
no way, I thought he was a guy! :eyesroll:
are you sure that was a she?
ken-sama
best moment was when Takumi beat Ryosuke...... I watched that part so many times :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

dear mrs. walsh

have a nice easter

from ayame

LOL that was my sister! she wanted to type something :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :bowdown: :bunlove: :wave: :dunno: :bigthumb: :grin:

hahahaha she wanted al those smilies! :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Linky04
In ever Sailor Moon season when they find out their identities, and it's so obvious, I mean, who else has hair like Usagi? The best time is in the Stars season when they find out their heart throb boy band guys are senshi, as in female senshi! :rolling:
Linky04
Sailor Moon Stars episode 190 I think it is, where the identities are revealed once again, and it's revealed to the senshi that their boy band heart throbs are girls! But the best thing would have to be Chibi Chibi throwing and purposely dropping her very valuable porcelin (sp) doll! I'll check how much they said it was worth in a second :rolling:
DoAsInfinity
QUOTE(rumble fish)
no way, I thought he was a guy! :eyesroll:
are you sure that was a she?

pretty sure. but who cares?! he/she's dead
Linky04
I watched it! Chibi Chibi is evil! That doll was worth 10 million yen, or 100,000 dollars! Sailor Moon says,"And you didn't drop the doll!", then Chibi Chibi says "drop, drop", throws it in the air less than a foot high and it breaks... :rolling:
DoAsInfinity
QUOTE(rumble fish)
It was so cool when robin throw(more like roll) that fat guy off the cliff.  I guess we'll be waiting for a long time to see her past...damn, I wanna see it right now!
Emperor, up till where have you read one piece?  I dun wanna spoil things for you.

hey what do you think of Shanks? is he like some super-powerful guy? since he's supposedly a rival of Hawkeye, and he seems to know White Beard rather well
SmellyCat67
Oh yeah! The Sakura vs. Ino fight. The music was so sad...

And the talk that Sasuke had with Sakura before he left was really sad too. I hate him now! She was there for him the whole time, and he's just an ass to her!

Shika is sexy :rolling:

Kiba too! *points to sig* :wink:
Rei13
QUOTE(SmellyCat67)

:buncry: :buncry: :buncry: yes agreed :buncry:

Boys Next Door in the end when Adrian sees an image of Lawrence holding balloons for him....then he runs to hug him and dies :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

....................umm... in Naruto when Sakura offers Naruto (who is tied up) her food (in episode 4 I think)

In Seimaden when Zaadei thinks about his dream with Tetei :buncry:

In Gravitation, Shuichi goes on a gaming show XD

my poor brain can't remember anymore :tear:
Furious Angel
All I can get is Anime via Toonami & Adult Swim.
Cowboy Bebop:
Ep8- Waltz For Venus, When Spike has to tell that blind girl that she will never see her brother because he's dead and that she will be able to see after an operation.
Ep9- At the end when Ed takes over Bebop's controls and steers it back cus they tried to "leave without Edward".
Ep11- I leave it at "Don't leave things in the refrigerator" :rolling:
Ep17-Pics worth 1k words
user posted imageuser posted image

Ep24- When Ein has to chose :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ANNA
Cowboy bebop:
Ep5 when Spike are falling from the church's window and you can listen to that marvellous song (I don't know the title), Yoko Kanno rulez! :bigthumb:
Ep24 when Ed goes away and you can listen to "Call me call me" by Steve Conte, Yoko Kanno rulez! :bigthumb:
Ep26: Spike Spiegel!!!! :buncry: :buncry: :buncry: And you can listen to "Blue", Yoko Kanno rulez! :bigthumb:

Maison Ikkoku:
There are a lot of emotional moments!!!
Last ep when there is the wedding between Godai Yusaku and Otonashi Kyoko after 96 episodes!!! :buncry:

Orange Road:
When Ayukawa Madoka plays the sax!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Last episode when there's the first kiss between Kyosuke and Madoka after 48 episodes! :bunlove:

Maison ikkoku manga with the :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: episode between Yusaku and Kyoko!!!
Why it doesn't exist in the anime!!!! :buncry:

NANA manga:
Each page is emotional!!!!!!!!! :buncry:
It's GREAT!!!!!! :bunlove: :bunlove: :bunlove:
rumble fish
QUOTE(DoAsInfinity)
QUOTE(rumble fish)
It was so cool when robin throw(more like roll) that fat guy off the cliff.  I guess we'll be waiting for a long time to see her past...damn, I wanna see it right now!
Emperor, up till where have you read one piece?  I dun wanna spoil things for you.

hey what do you think of Shanks? is he like some super-powerful guy? since he's supposedly a rival of Hawkeye, and he seems to know White Beard rather well

shanks...dun really care about him.
I just want sanji to start kicking some more asses... :bunlove:
inuchan
"anime" : when i saw "Mononoke Hime" at the movies.....was taken aback the whole film long.....

anime:
-Ranma 1/2: some of my best laughs....ever...'specially when Akane send him flying to the stars...(actually in almost every episodes...)
-Saint Seya: the Battle of the Sanctuary: When Shiryu fights against "the Mask of Death"......
-Saint Seya: when Hyoga goes visiting his mother, far, far beyond the ice, in the ship wreckage...

manga:
-Love Hina: whenever Keitaro tries to kiss Naru...sooooooooo funny
-Inuyasha: when Kagome squeezes his ears.... ^ ^/when Inuyasha tells about his hanyo childhood...
-Monster: each volume, actually....

Furious Angel
QUOTE(ANNA)
Cowboy bebop:
Ep5 when Spike are falling from the church's window and you can listen to that marvellous song (I don't know the title), Yoko Kanno rulez!  :bigthumb:

After Spike releases the grenade and falls out the Stain Glass Rosetta, "Green Bird" by Gabriela Robin plays. Just saw that episode last night!! :bigthumb:
And since its you ANNA who wants to know, I got the lyrics for it too. :blush:

[note: the song itself isn't in Japanese, but rather a language "Gabriela Robin" uses for her songs. These lyrics are the "translation" of the song.]

Spring has come
Bugs stick their faces out of the ground
Birds are eating them

Spring has come
Children go to school
Stray dogs are bearing many puppies

Spring has come
Women face mirrors
Custard pie bakes
DoAsInfinity
great episode
ANNA
QUOTE(Furious Angel)
QUOTE(ANNA)
Cowboy bebop:
Ep5 when Spike are falling from the church's window and you can listen to that marvellous song (I don't know the title), Yoko Kanno rulez!  :bigthumb:

After Spike releases the grenade and falls out the Stain Glass Rosetta, "Green Bird" by Gabriela Robin plays. Just saw that episode last night!! :bigthumb:
And since its you ANNA who wants to know, I got the lyrics for it too. :blush:

[note: the song itself isn't in Japanese, but rather a language "Gabriela Robin" uses for her songs. These lyrics are the "translation" of the song.]

Spring has come
Bugs stick their faces out of the ground
Birds are eating them

Spring has come
Children go to school
Stray dogs are bearing many puppies

Spring has come
Women face mirrors
Custard pie bakes

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bunspark:

I know that it isn't Japanese, it's a strange language but so perfect for that scene!!! :bunlove: :bunlove: :bunlove:
Linky04
My current favorite moments are in Inuyasha~The Love That Transcends Time, and they are when Ruri dies (I was so glad, she bugged me!) and when they get Kirara back, and CCS when Shaoron says,"I like you"...11 year old love... :rolling:
Furious Angel
QUOTE(ANNA)

I know that it isn't Japanese, it's a strange language but so perfect for that scene!!!  :bunlove:  :bunlove:  :bunlove:

I did some digging. Y.K. said that "Gabriela Robin" told her it was a mix of Latin and English.
I can hear Latin but not English, so who knows? :dunno:
maddhatt3r
this will sound weird but... one line sticks out in my head.

spike spiegel:"my ship works better when I kick it."

don't know why, but I thought it was brilliant!
SmellyCat67
I HAVE to add Naruto Chapter 212 onto the list. The end literally made me squeel! :rolling:
rumble fish
chapter 212?
dun tell me if it's after the fight between the big guy and chouji...no spoilers please.
SmellyCat67
212 is the one that came out this weekend. Yeah, it's after that. That fight was cool though.

212 was so awesome and unexpected. The twist was huge!

So cool...
rumble fish
ah...fuck you and your teases...
right, fuck you :naughty: :tongue: :rolling:
SmellyCat67
happy.gif

Fuck me?

Maybe that'll stop my teasing.

:rolling:
BOSS
Anime:
Sailor Moon Stars: when Uranus and Neptune became Galxia's followers and kicked saturns and Pluto's asses and all of the last 3 eps in the S series

Evangelion: When asuka kicks eva ass in end of eva

Fushigi Yugi: when the suzaku seven slowly die one by one

D.N.Angel: When Mio Hio arrices

Gravitation: that whole ep where Bad Luck was on a game show

pockypocky
When Tomoe dies in the first kenshin OVA
When kenshin dies at the last kenshin OVA
DoAsInfinity
QUOTE(pockypocky)

i personally think that was a dumb OVA. you'd think they'd let him die with dignity. die in a big fight or something, not of some disease that can probably be cured today with a simple pill you can buy at the local supermarket
Linky04
QUOTE(the groper)
Anime:
Sailor Moon Stars: when Uranus and Neptune became Galxia's followers and kicked saturns and Pluto's asses and all of the last 3 eps in the S series

I liked when they tried to kill her and ended out dying...It was so sad when they touched hands... :buncry:

I also like when Lead Crow shows feeling of friendship when Siren is killed, they were the best villians ever! :buncry:
pockypocky
QUOTE(DoAsInfinity)
QUOTE(pockypocky)

i personally think that was a dumb OVA. you'd think they'd let him die with dignity. die in a big fight or something, not of some disease that can probably be cured today with a simple pill you can buy at the local supermarket

that disease back then is to us today like cancer :T, cant do anything about it.
so are we gona look back in the future when we find a cure for cancer and laugh at all the dumb people that died from it? :bigthumb: same logic
Linky04
Though it's sad...the deaths of all the Senshi in Sailor Moon Stars 196-199 was pretty cool :buncry:
maddhatt3r
cowboy bebop: when spike is falling from the church. it was beautifully done.
DoAsInfinity
QUOTE(pockypocky)
QUOTE(DoAsInfinity)
QUOTE(pockypocky)

that disease back then is to us today like cancer :T, cant do anything about it.
so are we gona look back in the future when we find a cure for cancer and laugh at all the dumb people that died from it? :bigthumb: same logic

i guess

still, i dont like seeing him die from a disease, even a lethal one. he should die in a fight
pockypocky
Hmm, die in a fight to Who though? O.o....
Linky04
Some other good anime moments from all the Sailor Moon Seasons:

Sailor Moon:Beryl "killing" Jedite when he tries telling her the Senshi's identities and the episode with that fat cat XD

Sailor Moon R:Usagi and Mamoru find out Chibi-Usa is their future kid, and when Emerald puts on that crown and turns into a dragon

Sailor Moon S:Sailor Saturn's first appearance and the two part episode with the Holy Grail

Sailor Moon SuperS:the dentist episode and seeing old Nehelania...

SuperS Manga:the manga version of the dentist episode

Sailor Moon Stars:Sailor Moon going crazy after the inner senshi die and she starts screaming and when she stabs Chaos/Galaxia...

Yes, most of you probably never gave this show a chance after seeing the dub, but it's actually pretty good! :tongue:
clementine_dream
I'm pretty sure this thread has died but what the hell.....

3x3 Eyes pt5.....

When Pai goes up against Benares....... and everyone sacrifices themselves.

Ahh! I'm going to find the music now......
Kyuu
um... I guess Angel Santuary! I haven't read much, but it seems pretty good! And Tokyo BablyoN! TB FOREVER~! (yesh, I am in love with Subaru)

...and for those of you who DON'T like shoujo, I'd say TeniPuri aka Prince of Tennis aka Tennis no Oujisama. ^^;; And Hikaru no Go! HikaGo is awesome! XD
Anonymoush
~ X ~
When the last battle between Subaru and Seishirou in rainbow bridge...and seishirou die....i really cried...the only anime that can make me cry...
Linky04
I saw Tokyo Babylon...I don't like Subaru, but his sister's funny :rolling:
Kyuu
NO~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE SUBARU????? *cries*

Bah. Screw you. Subaru doesn't need anymore fans! XD

Hokuto is a little to insane for me. If she were the main character, I'd really like her, but I'm a Subaru-fangirl. A lot more than you think. X.x

If you saw Tokyo Bablyon (the OVA), it's not as good as the manga, so you should go out and get it. ^_____^
Linky04
In xxxHolic what happens to the liar lady, and what Yuuko does to "cure" the internet addict lady! And in Sailor Moon SuperS when Chibi-Usa thinks Mamoru likes his collegue and says something about her liking him and everyone gets really quiet! :rolling:
Linky04
QUOTE(Kyuu)
NO~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE SUBARU????? *cries*

Bah. Screw you. Subaru doesn't need anymore fans! XD

Hokuto is a little to insane for me. If she were the main character, I'd really like her, but I'm a Subaru-fangirl. A lot more than you think. X.x

If you saw Tokyo Bablyon (the OVA), it's not as good as the manga, so you should go out and get it. ^_____^

I like his sister more... :tongue:

It's not much, but in xxxHolic, Yuuko makes a comment about Subaru, something like,"I've known him since he was this tall, really nice guy." :grin:
Kyuu
Yeshu. Yuuko also wished him happiness. ^_________^ *knows stuff because she is a Clamp fangirl*

I really like Subaru. I dont know why, but I don't really care much for his sister. *shrugs* I'm not saying either is better cuz it's all an opinion. ^~
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.