Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SFIV
Do As Infinity Forum > Downtown > Anime & Game Center
x_shinigami_x
nothing need said about this game.. port is essentially arcade perfect.

anyone play? add me: ezdez
virilevocalist
I play at my friend's place, but his xbox is modded so he rarely goes online. I guess I'm a late starter for the SF series, because I'm just now learning cancel combos down with Ryu. Odd, because I remember having the original SF2 PC-DOS for my 368 with Windows v3.1 back when I was 6 or 7.

As usual, sagat is first tier character like he's been for the past few years. blah. I have sympathy for underdog characters like El Fuerte. No one really cares about them, at least on a Tournament level. Kinda sad, because I feel he could be used REALLY well, since he's a combination of Vega and Zangief, stylewise.

It's a super dynamic cooking time!

It blows my mind that some people study the frame information so they can play even better. Probably what Daigo(Ultimate Parry Comeback EVO2k4 SFIII 3rd strike) does on a regular basis.
HeartlessCloud
Yeah, I know a frame-counter, that's wild.

I'm too broke to buy the game, so... sad.gif
clementine_dream
I pre-ordered the special edition one with the figures and bonus dvd. Oh right and I downloaded the HD SF Super Turbo from the shop. Haven't seen it yet. I'm prepping my bro for his losing streak with verbal beatdowns.

I have this elite guide for Tekken written by fans, alot of stuff about frames.

Yea I could never get my head around it. x_X
x_shinigami_x
i got the limited edition.. the two figures are smaller than i thought they would be.. but still pretty cool. EBGames here in Aus broke the release date, so I got it a few days earlier dunno.gif either way.. i dunno, El Fuerte.. i dont think he plays anything like vega or zangief. no one tanks like zangief except for abel, and his speed makes him much more hit and run than zangief. as for vega (claw).. his charge moves carrys him across the screen (guile, blanka, bison (dictator)).. i'd say all the new characters play quite differently to anyone on the current roster and in a good way (unlike characters like dan and sakura)
clementine_dream
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Seth is an absolute cheat. And why is it that lv.4 difficulty (medium) plays like 6 or 7? It would've been nice to have an extra super for each char, and I've realised the PS3 pad is monkey nuts for playing SF with. D-pad sticks out too much so it's uncomfortable when you roll your thumb... and it's big. I think the standard PS1 pad (no sticks) was better, back in the days when I hammered Alpha 3 non-stop. I've assigned the 3xP and 3xK to the L2 and R2 buttons so either they're just not as responsive as the other buttons or the d-pad really does suck. I'm having to use the stick when it comes to ultras, I get a smooth execution every time whereas before... well I died alot. >_<

Seth is a cheat. And have you seen the thighs on Chun-Li? Unnatural!
virilevocalist
I love thunder thighs. You KNOW they always lead up to an amazing butt. tongue.gif And ChunLi's EX hadoken pose, with her butt protruding into the air....

Yeah, she's always going to be the queen of fighting game chicks. I remember back in the day with SFII, when we would pause the game mid flip, so we could get a better look, hahahahaha.

It's sad that 17 years later, I'm still perving out on Chun Li. blink.gif
Ban Chan Fan
Nothing wrong with perving on Chun Li. She has always been my main since SFII:Turbo. I pwn all of the Ryu scrubs with her all day.
clementine_dream
And no-one seemed to mention that the intro song is sung by Exile. It's intoxicating... I can't get it out of my head. ohmy.gif rolling.gif
x_shinigami_x
i didnt wanna mention it cuz it was really annoying.. especially when you just leave it on the menu.. it just plays and plays and plays

medium isnt too hard.. it's harder than the arcade, but it's a lot easier than SFII HD REMIX.. seth is cheap in terms of his abuse of this moves - no human player can teleport that fast and grab you like that.. impossible
clementine_dream
I've realised that I need to utilize focus attacks more often in order to become a better player. I'm definitely a long way away from studying frames.

Any of you guys seen the special animated movie that came with the game? I fell asleep. That's all I can say. My sister thinks that the majority of their budget was spent on the game hence..... yeah hence. XD

Oh and I totally dig the move that Viper does on Chun-Li when she gets electrocuted. o_O
HeartlessCloud
QUOTE(clementine_dream @ Feb 24 2009, 06:48 AM) *
D-pad sticks out too much so it's uncomfortable when you roll your thumb... and it's big. I think the standard PS1 pad (no sticks) was better, back in the days when I hammered Alpha 3 non-stop.
I played SFII Turbo HD Remix on both systems and it's like you can't win. The PS2 D-Pad is too rough on the thumb, and the 360 pad is too loose to pull off moved accurately. Granted, I suck at SFII as it is, but still. =P

BUT I hear both systems' analog control for SFIV works really well. I can't wait to play. I think my friend will be getting it for his 360 soon...exciting.

Oh, and what's up with the last boss being named "Seth"? Who thought that was a good idea?
clementine_dream
QUOTE(HeartlessCloud @ Feb 27 2009, 09:52 PM) *

QUOTE(clementine_dream @ Feb 24 2009, 06:48 AM) *
D-pad sticks out too much so it's uncomfortable when you roll your thumb... and it's big. I think the standard PS1 pad (no sticks) was better, back in the days when I hammered Alpha 3 non-stop.
I played SFII Turbo HD Remix on both systems and it's like you can't win. The PS2 D-Pad is too rough on the thumb, and the 360 pad is too loose to pull off moved accurately. Granted, I suck at SFII as it is, but still. =P

BUT I hear both systems' analog control for SFIV works really well. I can't wait to play. I think my friend will be getting it for his 360 soon...exciting.

Oh, and what's up with the last boss being named "Seth"? Who thought that was a good idea?

Well I was brought up with a SNES pad (absolute joy for SF) but after looking at the Hori and MadCatz arcade sticks I figured maybe that's the answer. I did buy an arcade stick once, for the Dreamcast. It was a KOF limited edition stick which I loved dearly... and then I lent it to a friend. Haven's seen it since. >_<
I still have the Capcom VS SNK pads with the "charactor" cards (as it is spelt). I also bought a MadCatz fishing rod for Sega Bass Fishing which... yea you get the drift. Ok I'll stop ranting.

The analogue stick is very responsive but it's only so big. I think I may get a fight stick, ween myself off d-pads so I won't get buggered in the arcades.

I've never played any of the SF III series (blasphemy!) but I feel that Seth shares the same genes as his SF III brethren. I hoped they would've made the final boss a truly unique individual. Not a cross between Shang Tsung and Shin Akuma. On steroids. Well... they're all already on steroids anyway. XD
clementine_dream
Douple post but I just want to say that it infuriates me when you're about to win an opponent and then they disconnect, thus robbing you of any points. I messaged one such 'quitter' and he replied unsurprisingly with colourful language. I'm gonna make it my personal mission to hound these idiots. If you don't play fair then you shouldn't be playing at all.

Ok rant over.
x_shinigami_x
unfortunately for me, it happens when i'm about to win as well. bad connection.. cant be helped. everyone is like 1 red bar.. sad.gif it's sad and i feel cheated when i lose cuz of lag.
clementine_dream
Wow it's 4 in the morning and I just got off playing versus with this wicked french player for like 2 hours. His Cammy thrashed my Chun-Li twice on separate occasions. I said he totally blitzed me, and he pointed out that I get nervous... which is true lol. I'm not comfortable with EX focus cancel thingymejiggies just yet, and uhhh the pad sucks lol. My execution and timing still has a fair ways to go, but I've got the guide now and I can study frames. I've also started baiting, that's tremendous fun.

In the end, the guy said he wasn't much better than I (reassuring) and that I should keep training. I'd say I won every 1 in 4 matches, and there were some really really close rounds on more than one occasion. Yeah that's when I panic. sad.gif
clementine_dream
Soooo.... what does everyone make of the new Championship update? Isn't it awesome? Does it not feel like the servers are crashing??? Haha well after a couple nights hardcore I made it to G3-A, but sometimes the lag is atrocious.... then again I've been hammering it so much that my left hand is getting slow. And painful.

Oh and I'm getting the jist of these focus cancels.
x_shinigami_x
QUOTE(clementine_dream @ Apr 29 2009, 01:50 AM) *

then again I've been hammering it so much that my left hand is getting slow. And painful.

haha sorry man, had to do it. i dunno, maybe cuz australia is a hole, i hardly ever get orange let alone green bars. playing online is painful. since i've last been on daiforum (haha been a while now) i've acquired both the madcatz and hori sticks.

the madcatz just oozes class and sexiness.. you can feel everything is very well made. the box itself is nicely weighted and pretty solid and the graphics is also absolutely gorgeous. but at the same time, play wise, the hori is essentially the same thing, the only difference being the madcatz using sanwa buttons. now, i guess it comes down to preference, but i find that the lack of tactile response on the madcatz a little distracting. the turbo also seems to be noticeably faster on the hori stick. the stick itself feels the same to me, and i thrash mine playing as zangief. a friend tho commented that the madcatz stick feels lighter and a lil more touchy.

overall.... i think im likely going to resell my madcatz TE stick. not because i dont like it, but because idiots are paying ridiculous amounts for the limited stick when a hori one with switched out sanwa buttons (cost bout 15 bux to do - if that's what you're into) costs a lot less.
clementine_dream
I'm considering getting the fight pads for now, seeing as I ain't no ace on a stick. I'll get one eventually, I just know it'll be a bit of a time investment learning to play well on stick.

Harmo
Haha you guys are nerding out hardcore!

I played this for a little bit and it was fun, too bad I don't own a PS3 or XBox, it'd be fun to play w/you guys.

Clem, you should look into getting a Mayflash or VSHG stick off ebay or something if you're considering the investment, it's cheap and decent for the price from what I've read.

I just started getting into 3rd Strike cause I can play on the PC and was looking at a stick too.
clementine_dream
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look em up on ebay. I'd get 3rd Strike if only I'd have gotten my fight pads back. Would like to get my head around the parrying system, it looks bloody awesome. Well..... Daigo makes it look bloody awesome. bowdown.gif
BlazenT
haha daigo the beast! gotta love that chunli's special parry tongue.gif
clementine_dream
I think it was after watching this video that made me switch main from Ryu to Chun-Li. I've also noticed how there are slightly more Chun-Li players now.

Check out this Chun-Li vs Ken match, especially Ken's 4th round opening and Chun-Li's final round finish.

BlazenT
yea Chun-Li is pretty decent tahts for sure but blanka users and sagat users just annoys me so much lol. C.Viper is one tough character too.
clementine_dream
I fair a better game against Blanka now. Crouching jabs stop his roll on most occasions, and I've timed my combos more carefully when punishing vertical rolls. Yeah fireballs and jabs are great to bait them. Sagat's still a bitch cos Li's Hazanshu can just barely leap over his high Tiger Shot. But still... Hosenka > Fireball.

Oh and I have a new friend. It's like I'm having to relearn everything again hehe. Much more responsive than pad though.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.