Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2nd Album "Van." Discussion Thread
Do As Infinity Forum > Headquarters > Van Tomiko
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
EienDAIfan5d9
So apparently Tomiko is releasing her 2nd album titled "Van." in December.
o____O
I guess this is avex's last chance to squeeze money out of her before she joins DAI.
Odd move, IMO, but maybe it might be good?
I'm expecting Flower, Senkou, Yumeji, and Tokyo Biyori on this album. Maybe manacles.
Or maybe all new songs? Who knows? She's been releasing things rather weird...
But anyway...Yeah...
totosquirt
i read "released in December" as in
"omg it's already out last year and there wasn't any news about it"

i'm a bit skeptical; there was another forum thread that started almost a year ago about her 2nd album as well

apparently it's true
whoops rolling.gif i am now excited
jan_koller
QUOTE(totosquirt @ Sep 16 2008, 01:38 PM) *

i'm a bit skeptical; there was another forum thread that started almost a year ago about her 2nd album as well

you can read in her official page
Shigure
This is just... unexpected. XD

I really think it's an anticlimax considering that DoAs is back.
deathangel
avex is evil...trying to make profit in each and every way
oasis_heart3
I don't think it's evil at all. It's actually quite smart.

Plus, since Do As Infinity is back, Van's album might actually get some higher sales (and a higher ranking at Oricon) this time.

I think this CD could be a good way to "satisfy our appetites" until an actual Do As Infinity CD came out. The downside is that higher sales of her album would prove that Van needs Do As Infinity. And people bought her album due to hype...which would basically say that she sucks by herself. =\

Anyway.
Hopefully Missile Innovation ( and Amasia Landscape. ;_; ) will release CDs too. <3
ANNA
that rumor was true! I'm very happy!!! bunspark.gif

so my two last sigs ("waiting for do the back" & "waiting for manacles full version") have been satisfied! lol
but now what could I wait for? foxwhat.gif

"waiting for a Ryo's hug" bunblush.gif
Shigure
QUOTE(deathangel @ Sep 16 2008, 12:56 PM) *

avex is evil...trying to make profit in each and every way

I don't blame Avex. The whole world is doing that.
They are free to offer and if we don't agree we are free to deny it not buying.

It's not the smartest thing to do, in commercials and marketing terms, to release a solo work just after of regrouping. People will get confuse.
BalOfFlnAngels
yay. What a great way to end the year biggrin.gif
Yahiko
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that period in the title

dont know why thoooooough rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif
EienDAIfan5d9
QUOTE(totosquirt @ Sep 16 2008, 06:38 AM) *

Better? xD
sumiya
=O

Better? xD
(2)
shidosan
So it seems that both Tomiko and Ryo are gonna keep their solo projects going while doing Do As this time around.
doasan
yeahh we all supply for MANACLES being included in this album...

kamisama....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Purple Neko
O.o YAY! *hasnt sunk in* CAN'T WAIT!
kamuinosekai
So is it official now?? Hopefully if it does come out, there will be a bunch of songs by Tomiko and not some losers
dry.gif

Write write write write~!
sourringo
QUOTE(oasis_heart3 @ Sep 16 2008, 12:38 PM) *

I don't think it's evil at all. It's actually quite smart.

Plus, since Do As Infinity is back, Van's album might actually get some higher sales (and a higher ranking at Oricon) this time.

I think this CD could be a good way to "satisfy our appetites" until an actual Do As Infinity CD came out. The downside is that higher sales of her album would prove that Van needs Do As Infinity. And people bought her album due to hype...which would basically say that she sucks by herself. =\

Anyway.
Hopefully Missile Innovation ( and Amasia Landscape. ;_; ) will release CDs too. <3

le sigh~

Her solo songwriting is nowhere near DoAs's, but I certainly don't think she sucks by herself... There are plenty of less stunning vocalists with music that's even less catchy who get good sales due to slick marketing and image appeal, which Van doesn't really pander too. I'm not sure you were saying that she really does suck by herself though, I just wanted to make a statement. rolling.gif

That aside, I must agree that from a practical standpoint... yeah. This will only confirm that she needs DoAs for her own publicity, and that for whatever reasons, she can't garner good sales... which doesn't neccessarily mean she sucks, but it's not good for her image.

THIS way though, it's very clever, well-timed cross promotion, is what it is.

I would love it if Amasia Landscape would release more too. ;_;
Aiz
Yay!! Finally! Banchan album! *O*

I agree with the fact that Banchan needs Do As Infinity to make higher sales, but I don't think that she really sucks. Like what sourringo said, there are a lot of artists who use their looks instead of their talent just to make higher sales. And I guess it's also good for a singer to be good-looking, but of course, he/she still have to use their talent more in music. Banchan has really good looks and lovely voice, but I can't deny that the style of her music, which is jazz, really doesn't suit her because many people still see Banchan as Do As Infinity, which means a rockish Banchan.

Oh well, I hope that the presence of jazz music will be gone in this album.
Stovila
Probably it's the same way L'arc en ciel Makes money.

They work together with other artists help increasing the sale using their popularity... and working on their own musics meanwhile.

I don't mind tho~

Beside, to think about how the new-fan of Ban-chan (I believe a lot of people out there who loves Ban chan's solo rather than DAI), don't feel abandoned by this DAI reuniting period.

All the best~!
RAIMIKEL
What a surprise when I read that on her webpage O.O
I suppose that this release, beside of being a marketing tactic and all of that, is to close that chapter of Van's single, which aren't on any album. So we have 4 songs, maybe a b-side or/and manacles, and 5 new songs.
I don't think this album will be jazz, the singles aren't. Although I like both rocker Tomiko and jazzy Tomiko.
sourringo
Yeah, my guess is it won't be jazz either.
But I really do like Jazzy Tomiko, even though it took a while to get used to. smile.gif I would like it if in DAI she could bring a little bit of a jazzy flavor to their more rock-ish style and spice it up a bit. A la some of the song on Deep Forest maybe? Personally I think Kouzou Kaikaku is genius...

I really think she's matured as a vocalist over the course of her solo work and it's allowed her to perfect her technique and work on her strengths... hope to see that carry over to this album and DAI's new stuff as well.
kamuinosekai
QUOTE(RAIMIKEL @ Sep 17 2008, 04:41 PM) *

I suppose that this release, beside of being a marketing tactic and all of that, is to close that chapter of Van's single, which aren't on any album. So we have 4 songs, maybe a b-side or/and manacles, and 5 new songs.
I don't think this album will be jazz, the singles aren't. Although I like both rocker Tomiko and jazzy Tomiko.

Well it's not that jazz is bad, its just that the music she sang was really uninteresting. Everything was really dull...
Infiniation
The way I look at it, is that she's finishing off what she started. It would be kinda incomplete to see her 4 singles hanging like that. But yeah, I'm looking forward to this release. smile.gif
kamuinosekai
Yea, I'm excited to hear new stuff from her~
sourringo
QUOTE(kamuinosekai @ Sep 17 2008, 04:06 PM) *

QUOTE(RAIMIKEL @ Sep 17 2008, 04:41 PM) *

Well it's not that jazz is bad, its just that the music she sang was really uninteresting. Everything was really dull...

Yeah, every so often there were a few good songs but by and large I must agree. D: I really liked a few of the songs from voice 2 that were like jazzy pop rock... that was good... but a lot of stuff from Farewell was really, sadly, forgettable. >_<
ANNA
2nd Album "Van." put on the market on December 10!!! ^_____________^

credit: http://www.avexnet.or.jp/van/info_schedule/index.html#news
EienDAIfan5d9
I like how they said 2nd ORIGINAL album. xDDDD
Sad how they have to specify that.
kamuinosekai
so much better than a 3rd COVER album, O_O all those covers were getting to be too much.
EienDAIfan5d9
QUOTE(kamuinosekai @ Sep 30 2008, 08:05 PM) *

so much better than a 3rd COVER album, O_O all those covers were getting to be too much.

Even one cover album was way too much in my opinion.
I'm just glad her solo career is over with and now I can look forward to some kickass DAI songs! biggrin.gif
kamuinosekai
QUOTE(EienDAIfan5d9 @ Oct 1 2008, 02:42 AM) *

QUOTE(kamuinosekai @ Sep 30 2008, 08:05 PM) *

Even one cover album was way too much in my opinion.
I'm just glad her solo career is over with and now I can look forward to some kickass DAI songs! biggrin.gif

Yea hopefully they still kick ass...*holding my breath*
Tangerine Dreamer
QUOTE(kamuinosekai @ Sep 17 2008, 04:06 PM) *

I actually thought the jazz stuff was some of the only stuff that wasn't dull -- though when I say "jazz stuff," I guess I really mean "Hold Me." Personally I was rather disappointed with the first solo album. It had its moments, but overall it was -- as you say -- quite dull.

Though I wasn't a raving fan of "Need Your Love" either. Don't get me wrong, I definitely liked it, but I think it was a step down from their previous work. I'm hoping their new album -- and Ban-chan's -- will be a return to better days, so to speak.
Pink Spider
I don't know where all the hate for her cover albums comes from, they weren't that spectacular but I can find myself listening to them from time to time.

Anyway back on topic, I'm really happy for her new album (finally), I'm thinking on buying it, just for the sake of having all her singles + pv's.
Aiz
QUOTE(Pink Spider @ Oct 2 2008, 04:11 PM) *

I don't know where all the hate for her cover albums comes from, they weren't that spectacular but I can find myself listening to them from time to time.

Well, in my case, I actually don't hate her cover albums, & like you, I also find myself listening to its songs. It's just that..... I don't get it why does she have to release cover albums!?

Anyways....waiting for the tracklist of album "Van."! XD rolleyes.gif
jan_koller
according with the info
the songs are:
-flower
-brave
-senkou
-yumeji
-tokyo biyori
it says that the album will have 11 songs,... but these songs + 4 news = 10 dunno.gif
will be manacles that "lost song"?
and what about "labyrinth" and "mosaic"?
ohm,... and by the way, the cd+dvd version will have all the pvs and a live version of "flower" from a-nation performance
wavey.gif
Frozenbreak
well labyrinth and mosaic were both b-sides so don't have hope on them having any chance of being on the album, Even though message is a b-side i believe the only reason why its on the album is because it was Van 1st song she composed, and for brave cause it was used for that video game.
RAIMIKEL
I was to put the tracklist, Jan! rolling.gif
On the information they give us in the free live, "Brave" doesn't appear as a song of the album. But it is something better....... full version of manacles!!!! Yes, we will have it! It also says about the videos that will appear on the dvd (pvs and a-nation flower, plus some other extras). On the booklet of the album will be self line notes written by Ban-chan. Doesn't appear the date of release...
ANNA
Thanks for infos!!! biggthumpup.gif

bunspark.gif manacles full version!!!! bunlove.gif
Pink Spider
heck yes! finally a full version of manacles lol biggrin.gif , I'm specially looking forward on watching that flower live. laugh.gif
Frozenbreak
QUOTE(RAIMIKEL @ Oct 2 2008, 01:05 PM) *

On the information they give us in the free live, "Brave" doesn't appear as a song of the album. But it is something better....... full version of manacles!!!! Yes, we will have it! It also says about the videos that will appear on the dvd (pvs and a-nation flower, plus some other extras). On the booklet of the album will be self line notes written by Ban-chan. Doesn't appear the date of release...

when or where was this confirmed?
Aiz
Yay!! Manacles full version!! Yatta~!!! XD Arigatou for the info!!! bunlove.gif bunlove.gif

And self line notes written by Banchan!! Would it be some kind of farewell message for her solo career??? XD
BalOfFlnAngels
I'm glad we'll finally get a full version of Manacles, but I'm sad that Brave & Labyrinth won't be on the album, those are her two best B-Sides.
RAIMIKEL
QUOTE(Frozenbreak @ Oct 2 2008, 10:15 PM) *

On the information that came on the plastic bag given after the live

The bonus track must be an acoustic version of Tokyo Biyori with Ban-chan playing guitar!

Edit: Sorry, sorry. Brave does appear on the album!
Frozenbreak
QUOTE(RAIMIKEL @ Oct 3 2008, 01:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Frozenbreak @ Oct 2 2008, 10:15 PM) *

On the information that came on the plastic bag given after the live

The bonus track must be an acoustic version of Tokyo Biyori with Ban-chan playing guitar!

Edit: Sorry, sorry. Brave does appear on the album!

OMG love you for this info =D this album just got even better ACOUSTIC TOKYO BIYORI!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish labyrinth was in this album QQ
daiforever
well be hoping that with this album
rumble fish
Acoustic version of tokyo biyori... blink.gif
As if that song isn't relaxing enough rolling.gif

I'm glad that Ban chan won't be putting me to sleep anymore...I hope...lol
RAIMIKEL
That acoustic version of Tokyo Biyori is only my wish, it's not confirmed rolleyes.gif
Frozenbreak
yea its my wish too XD
jvgklan
I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm really looking forward to it.
Rei13
QUOTE(RAIMIKEL @ Oct 2 2008, 10:05 AM) *

ZOMG YESS FINALLY FULL VERSION OF MANACLES XD

*starts saving up money* rolling.gif

And I'm happy to hear it's not another cover album <__< although I did enjoy those and bought those, but uhhh I wasn't sure if I was going to buy a cover album 3 rolling.gif rolling.gif
EienDAIfan5d9
Raaaaaaaaaaaage.
How could Banchan do this to us!?
Releasing FINALLY an original album to only have FOUR new songs on it!?
Another reason I'm glad Do As Infinity is coming back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.