Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Van Tomiko BACK ON TOP 30
Do As Infinity Forum > Headquarters > Van Tomiko
totosquirt
After disappearing for a year, and after losing a spot on the top 30, she's now at 27!

GO BANCHAN!!! biggrin.gif

http://avexnet.jp/

top 30 on access rating, btw
deathangel
a nice and good rating consider that she been inactive for a year............. bungood.gif bunyay.gif bunspark.gif

anyway Gambatte Ban chan.................
jabig
Welcome Back... wink.gif
ANNA
Great! bunvv.gif
Aiz
Yay!! GAMBATTE BANCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoooo~!!!!!!!! bunvv.gif buno.gif foxxd.gif bungood.gif bunyay.gif
ANNA
she's now at 11 biggrin.gif
totosquirt
QUOTE(ANNA @ Mar 14 2008, 04:36 PM) *

OMG!!!

bunyay.gif bunlove.gif bunspark.gif

more ppl go on her site! tongue.gif (i don't know if it's limited to japanese IPs)
sumiya
QUOTE(ANNA @ Mar 14 2008, 05:36 PM) *

IHAA! bunyay.gif foxheart.gif foxhb.gif buno.gif bunevil.gif bunvv.gif
kamuinosekai
Mmm, that's more like something she deserves.

Soon we're going to #1~

Anyone else think that Voice 2 didnt sell that many CDs?
deathangel
what a good results for her and a surprise consider that her recent albums is a cover album....but anyway congratz to ban chan.....
oasis_heart3
You wanna know something scary/interesting?

Hilary Duff ranked higher than m-flo:
IPB Image

......Actually, WHY is Hilary Duff even on here? o_O
Stovila
who is hilary duff?

that japanese word read as hilary duff? o.o
Yuki911
Yeah it reads like Hirari Dafu, so is shem and if you click at the links appears her page at mu-mo.
totosquirt
come on! top 10! biggrin.gif
let's hope she gets there soon!
deathangel
gambatte ban chan......
totosquirt
omg foxeek.gif she dropped to 18!
houndtooth
Omg! What happened? blink.gif
Acep
wak! I hope she gets to top 1.=(
deathangel
QUOTE(totosquirt @ Mar 18 2008, 08:03 AM) *

omg foxeek.gif she dropped to 18!

lol...its consider a good results that she able to get it to the 11th spot cause her new album is a cover album too.......so dropping to 18 is not a surprise
Stovila
Want to set an online bet?

What #rank she will gets when her new album released =D
for the first week.

USD $1 for one guess from one member, heh.
Aiz
Waaaa!!! I was shocked as she ranked immediately at 11, but more shocked as she dropped at no. 18!?!??!!??! EEEEEEK~!?!?!?? Why is that!?!?!?!??!
Stovila
Because....
shidosan
QUOTE(Aiz @ Mar 21 2008, 07:54 AM) *

Waaaa!!! I was shocked as she ranked immediately at 11, but more shocked as she dropped at no. 18!?!??!!??! EEEEEEK~!?!?!?? Why is that!?!?!?!??!

Well, this was another cover album... also, I think we just need to accept that she's just not going to chart as high as she did as part of Do As Infinity, unless she gets her songs tied to some popular dramas or movies. I think the majority of her fans right now are mainly former DAI fans - and as we can see even on this forum, some of these fans are turned off by her new style. So obviously she's not going to be as popular as before. Also on a side note, since being here in Japan, I have tried talking to some Japanese people that I've met at Hiroshima University about Japanese music and DAI, and surprisingly a lot of Japanese that I've talked to don't even remember DAI... or they only know a few of their more famous songs, like Yesterday and Today, Fukai Mori, or Rakuen. They don't even know the names of the band members, only that "the singer is pretty". So it's only more understandable that Tomiko isn't as popular, and that Missile Innovation is virtually unknown... Kinda sad.
Aiz
QUOTE(shidosan @ Mar 21 2008, 11:38 PM) *

Well, this was another cover album... also, I think we just need to accept that she's just not going to chart as high as she did as part of Do As Infinity, unless she gets her songs tied to some popular dramas or movies. I think the majority of her fans right now are mainly former DAI fans - and as we can see even on this forum, some of these fans are turned off by her new style. So obviously she's not going to be as popular as before. Also on a side note, since being here in Japan, I have tried talking to some Japanese people that I've met at Hiroshima University about Japanese music and DAI, and surprisingly a lot of Japanese that I've talked to don't even remember DAI... or they only know a few of their more famous songs, like Yesterday and Today, Fukai Mori, or Rakuen. They don't even know the names of the band members, only that "the singer is pretty". So it's only more understandable that Tomiko isn't as popular, and that Missile Innovation is virtually unknown... Kinda sad.

Eeeeeeeeeek?!?!?! I just knew it right now!! All my life, I'm believing that DAI is popular at Japan because of the people and fans I see in their concerts, well..

I agree that most of Tomiko fans right now were DAI fans before, because I'm included in that! T-T ..Just that I'm still a DAI fan even now!! XD

I guess I just have to accept those facts you have said... foxcry.gif foxcry.gif
deathangel
what shidosan say is very true, a lot of my Japanese friends, wheter the older or younger generation does not even know DAI or even heard some of their songs....but maybe the one i talk to are quite different or what, cause they are more into pop music such as Ayumi, Boa, etc and are not to keen on listening to more rockish song, where else for the older generation, they just dun listen to any of them. Whether this is true or not, i dunno cause too me, they saying they dun listen to pop rock is just craps cause most of the others artist that they know also do sing pop rock. It just thet not much people really pay attention to DAI when they are still around let alone now that they are disband, whether its in Japan itself or in any parts of the world...and thats a reality thet hurts so much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.