Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VOICE 2 ~cover lovers rock~
Do As Infinity Forum > Headquarters > Van Tomiko
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ANNA
Title: VOICE 2 ~cover lovers rock~

Release: 2008/03/05

in 2 versions: CD only & CD+DVD.

New cover album from Tomiko Van featuring a full selection of tracks originally recorded by men!

credit: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/list_from_code_ba...html?key=293295

unsure.gif blink.gif dry.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

p.s.: I wanted Manacles full version!!!! foxcry.gif
BalOfFlnAngels
Ugh

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Why Tomiko Why!!!

I'll still listen though tongue.gif
Yuki911
Another?? Why she's making a cover album? She has a lot of singles for make an original album...
Lovers Rock? Maybe a more rockish album... and seems like it comes with a PV.
BalOfFlnAngels
It'll be a album of songs by male singers she'll cover.
virilevocalist
maybe through the process of practicing these songs which are in a lower register, she's trying to get her earlier voice back. you know, her break of dawn voice....
Chie
by men? this is something interesting...
I'm exciteeeeeed!!!! If it's more rockish, she might change her style! more DoAs style Banchan pleeaase >_<
Infiniation
I hope that on her Diary update, she didn't mean this, because doesn't take more than almost 2 months to record?

But anyways, that's just great. My hope for Van is near the Dewey Decimal System. sleep.gif
EienDAIfan5d9
Okay.

What the hell?

I officially GIVE UP on Tomiko.

No more.

This is just STUPID. Ugh.

>____> I'm glad some of you guys are still faithful to her and still listen to her music, but honestly, I can't. I could tolerate FAREWELL. There were a few good songs on it. Senkou was good. So was Labyrinth and Mosaic. But after the cover album, I thought, "Oh, it can't get much worse. She'll go back to her normal stuff with an original album." Guess not. This just...>_>

Flame me all you want.
Frozenbreak
bah another cover? *sigh( ill still support her. Eien thats jsut ur opnion if someone flames u then they don't belong here dry.gif

and whats with her releasing everything in march!
sound.
I'm disappointed. I wanted a new original album or single but not a second cover album...

Well, this album can be good but... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovers_rock

Ok, NOW, i'm AFRAID !!

Please Please Please Please Please Please Banchan~ foxcry.gif
Stovila
No track list yet?

I'm a bit dissapointed, but will be better or worse depends on the tracks.. hmm..

Covering Hyde's song, I bet that's impossible.. >.>
totosquirt
i found this out on "map of the heart" before here tongue.gif
anyways, yay! another album! a cover, but it's still an album!

and if she's getting her "old" voice back, then it's good (her voice on NEED YOUR LOVE was a bit....yeah.)

btw, does anybody want the "Farewell" CD+DVD album art in 1600x1600? smile.gif (323 kb)
Frozenbreak
QUOTE(totosquirt @ Jan 10 2008, 07:24 PM) *

btw, does anybody want the "Farewell" CD+DVD album art in 1600x1600? smile.gif (323 kb)

ill take that offer
shidosan
QUOTE(sound. @ Jan 10 2008, 10:48 PM) *

I'm disappointed. I wanted a new original album or single but not a second cover album...

Ok, NOW, i'm AFRAID !!

I'm pretty sure by "lover's rock" they mean a compilation of rock ballads originally performed by Japanese artists... er at least I hope they mean that anyway lol.
kamuinosekai
Another cover album?? laugh.gif

I somehow saw this coming, ^^ But hey! I was promised a newly composed song by Tomiko not COVER SONGS!

But this will be my first CD of Tomiko I'll actually be buying with my own money so, this better be damn good Tomiko-chan~

Who knows maybe this time I'll get lucky with a L'arc cover, haha

I guess I'm probably the only person who isnt really disappointed, I just wanted her to throw something out there to buy, rolleyes.gif

Hopefully though, her new albums will have more songs by her not by people who suck.
virilevocalist
i'm sure she'll pick good artists to cover. i trust her own music taste.

OMG, what if she covers SUSUMU HIRASAWA???? *creams pants*
van27
i think it will Release on 03/05

in the Japan 2CH BBS

03/05
ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION、Every Little Thing(+DVD)、
矢井田瞳、SOUL'd OUT、AAA(Best/+DVD/3種)、
伴都美子(カバー/+DVD)、工藤静香(+DVD)、中ノ森BAND(+DVD)、
ステファニー(+DVD)、安良城紅(+DVD/Best)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Shigure
I was also waiting for a new original album, but I'm glad she's at least releasing something new after 6 or 7 months of silence.
totosquirt
http://wiki.theppn.org/Image:farewell_dvd.jpg

enjoy! smile.gif
EL-g
another cover???? waaaaaaaaa........me disappointed sad.gif
sound.
QUOTE(shidosan @ Jan 11 2008, 03:26 AM) *

QUOTE(sound. @ Jan 10 2008, 10:48 PM) *

Ok, NOW, i'm AFRAID !!

I'm pretty sure by "lover's rock" they mean a compilation of rock ballads originally performed by Japanese artists... er at least I hope they mean that anyway lol.

I hope you're right.

The idea of a second cover album is quite strange but if that can give her a bit of visibility on the market, after her 12-month of silence, before an new original CD, then, that's not so bad i guess...
DAIsuki
what the?? another cover album?? how dissapointing....it's been so long since her last song and i've always been waiting for an original album...oh well, since it's Ban-chan, i'll listen to it anyway~
*TangerineRaven*
Sigh... Ban-chan!!

You haven't released anything for almost a year and you're just gonna release another cover album?!

WHY?!

I still love you, but WHY?!
oasis_heart3
~_~ Man, this DOES suck. But hey, at least she's still active.

Anyone else think "manacles" will never get released? Or it'll only be released as her final song? ><;

By the way...does anyone know what songs will be on this new CD, or is it still too early to tell? 'Cuz I'd like to start searching for the original versions ASAP.
Daish
haha, tomiko what you are thinking...... another cover..... I thought you wanted to express yourself and try new things, not use stuff from other people that you like/suit you to make a buck sleep.gif; like 2 covers in a roll this is just stupid dry.gif
Anzenpin
I am interested.

I don't think a cover album would be so bad, though it's a bit wierd, especially 2 in a row.
totosquirt
on a side note, i posted a 1600x1600 scan of Do The Best "Great Supporters Selection"
http://wiki.theppn.org/Image:great_supporters.jpg

(and I edited the wiki article as well b/c it was in a copy-from-wiki form and not in a formal album-release form)

as for the cover album...

i might scan the cover (not the booklet) as well tongue.gif
ANNA
lovers rock ----> reggae ----> Azayakana Hana is a reggae song ----> written by Ryo ----> in new cover album could there be a Ryo's & Ban-chan's collaboration? -----> That's impossible!!!! buncry.gif
deathangel
like most of you i am disappointed with this news but i will still give this album a try.......
doasan
making a new cover album.. hmm really doesn't sound so good for me.. but It's ban chan so... ganbare ne!!! perhaps she's making 2 albums at the same time.. you know sometimes artists made that... well I dunno... i wanted manacles full version too =(
sushi891
New Van Tomiko Stuff = Awesome =)

Dangggg, I haven't been here for ages. I'm on my third year here!! I gotta come here more often hehe.
virilevocalist
SUSHI!!! BEEN A WHILE MAN!!!!
Chie
OFF-topic!!

biggrin.gif

umm, well, I hope it's not reggae. O_O I can't stand reggae.
but, if it is, I'll still buy it. cause I'll always listen to Banchan! I'm excited about her looks right now... what's again the most recent photo of her? from summer, right?
ANNA
QUOTE(Chie @ Jan 13 2008, 02:21 PM) *

what's again the most recent photo of her? from summer, right?

the most recent photo of her we have is from "Heat Island" Official Premiere dated September 24, take a look here: http://www.daiforum.com/index.php?showtopic=16013&st=0
jabig
Another cover album! ohmy.gif blink.gif sad.gif mad.gif

Anyway, whatever it is I'll buy it cause I'm a good supporter tongue.gif
town_el
Van Tomiko new album !!! Yay !!!!
But... another cover album ? Uuughh..... Yaaaay ?
doood...
totosquirt
i don't think i'm getting it...

do you hate the fact that she is doing a cover album? (thus, no new work, but a remake of an old one)

or the songs she sings?

or is it something else?
Stovila
"thus no new work, but remake of an old one"

I couldn't help if I like the song, and my friend ask me "what song is this? it's good";

and I can't tell him/her "It's BAN CHAN'S!" thing like that..
Aiz
Eeeeek?!?!?! New Banchan Album~!?!!?? But.....it's....cover........again?!?!?! WAAAAAAA~!!!!!!!!!! buncry.gif

Somehow, I don't feel as excited as before when I get new informations about Banchan stuffs....I know I must be glad because she has another project to do! Waaaaaaa~!!!!!!!!!

buncry.gif
sumiya
Cover Again? dunno.gif
kamuinosekai
mmm, I would've really thought that I would be annoyed by a second cover album, but I'm actually kinda happy she's at least putting something out, right?

Besides, I think Tomiko-san is just using this extra time to write more songs for the next album.

I wonder if she'd ever start changing her style to something more darker? Like if she'd ever do an album for Mana, rolling.gif
~punkstar~
I don't like the idea either, of her putting out another cover album. But on the bright side, we get to hear from Ban-chan more right? More PVs, more performances, more updates! xD

I doubt that she would do anything similar to Mana rolling.gif That reminds me, there was a S.K.I.N concert last summer at AX. It'd be weird to see her tour with that band. It'd be interesting to see, don't you think? xP
Aiz
QUOTE(kamuinosekai @ Jan 15 2008, 02:44 PM) *

Besides, I think Tomiko-san is just using this extra time to write more songs for the next album.

Yay~!! As you said that, it made my vision much brighter!! And my excitement leveled up! Konkon!! rolling.gif
houndtooth
Oh well, at least she is trying something like : Covering songs sung by men laugh.gif

*TangerineRaven*
Personally, I think she should call the album "VOICE 2~cover you with love..again~"

LOL.

I thought it over, and I've decided that I'm grateful that Ban-chan is still "alive", so I won't complain about another cover album =X... this time. lol. If she comes out with another one, I'll disown her haha.
kamuinosekai
QUOTE(~punkstar~ @ Jan 15 2008, 05:10 AM) *

I don't like the idea either, of her putting out another cover album. But on the bright side, we get to hear from Ban-chan more right? More PVs, more performances, more updates! xD

I doubt that she would do anything similar to Mana rolling.gif That reminds me, there was a S.K.I.N concert last summer at AX. It'd be weird to see her tour with that band. It'd be interesting to see, don't you think? xP

~__~ I don't like SKIN, if you ask me, Yoshiki, *doesn't like him* just gathered up a bunch of people who are popular and made the band for fame/money/recognition, and I think his music is overrated, I've heard better stuff by other bands.

And, before anyone starts a war over this, I could care less if you like Yoshiki or not, I personally don't so get over it rolleyes.gif

But how cool would it be too see a project with Mana? XD *hope*
Chie
you all seem quite annoyed by the idea of another cover album... well I'm actually not smile.gif cause I liked VOICE, and I'm looking forward to her 2nd cover collection. I'd like to get to know more Japanese artists! hope she takes songs from Japanese artists this time as well.
doasan
me too I wanted manacle's full version!!

unfair T_T
Stovila
QUOTE(*TangerineRaven* @ Jan 17 2008, 08:48 AM) *

Personally, I think she should call the album "VOICE 2~cover you with love..again~"

LOL.

I thought it over, and I've decided that I'm grateful that Ban-chan is still "alive", so I won't complain about another cover album =X... this time. lol. If she comes out with another one, I'll disown her haha.

Then, her third album would be "VOICE 3 ~cover you with love... sorry~"
tulron41
i'm looking forward to this album. All of the covers she's sung i've never heard of anyways, and her voice is beautiful regardless that its someone else's song.

Besides i love comparing the original song to hers and realizing she blows it out of the water @_@
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.