Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HALO 3
Do As Infinity Forum > Downtown > Anime & Game Center
thunderduck
It's coming, who's getting it?

IPB Image
The Halo 3 Display at the CGV in Seoul's Yongsan district.
tulron41
Gonna get it just cause it ends the whole series (at least i hope) The second one was okay. First one was epic.

Anyways. i work at a corporate game store, so basically cringing at the idea of the september 25 midnight release of the game @_@
thunderduck
Have you got all the Halo 3 related goods out and the midnight opening ready? I wish I had the Legendary edition.
hekio
i might get it.. i dont think i want to play halo again dunno.gif just me.
tulron41
hmmmm...well we don't have anything at the store, i'm sure it'll be shipped to us a few days b4, sucks but employees dont get tees to wear during the midnight release, we have to buy them to wear them. How stupid is that? gotta ring up 400 or more people in the middle of the night and i dont get a free shirt? haha.

But yea theres supposed to be tons of merchandise to pick up along with the games come midnight release, just be sure to have money cuz none are free :-( At least not where i live.
x_shinigami_x
can someone explain to me why halo was so innovatively fun? played the first one and i really dont see it.. give me UT and Quake any day.
EienDAIfan5d9
QUOTE(x_shinigami_x @ Sep 18 2007, 08:44 PM) *

can someone explain to me why halo was so innovatively fun? played the first one and i really dont see it.. give me UT and Quake any day.

No clue. I never liked Halo. I find it boring and repetative...Every time I go over to my friend's houses that's all they want to play so I'm forced to either play it and pretend to like it or not play and ruin the whole night for myself and everyone else...

I play it often and still haven't found the fun in it...The most fun I've had is annoying my friends by singing stupid songs constantly...But I actually got a head-shot off of my friend the other day, which is a shock because I suck but he's like amazing at it. It was pretty funny...

So Halo 3 is coming out in less than a week...Big whoop...I could care less...All my friends are throwing Halo 3 parties for it so I might go just to hang out...
x_shinigami_x
anyone wanna fill us in on the halo fun? nice environment and all, but like.. meh.. i like the way the halo actually looped up and you can see it stretch away into the distance. the guns weren't exactly inspiring an neither are the vehicles. sorry, nothing beats a UT assault/onlsaught match - tho Enemy Territory looks to give UT series a run for its money
BalOfFlnAngels
I pre-ordered it. I'm excited about it.

The main reason I love Halo is because it made the best mini-series ever and that series was Red vs Blue.
x_shinigami_x
yah the Red v Blue series.. yeah ok that was pretty funny, but there's still nothing in it about the game play..

i've been playin Quake Wars: Enemy Territory and am enjoying the team work and different classes of character.. battle experience makes the game that much better too. come out already UT3!!
ken-sama
I'm on like mission 5 or 6, pretty fun game.
BalOfFlnAngels
I just beat Halo 3 and judging by the ending, there is a possible hint to Halo 4. I would post spoilers, but I don't know if there is a way you can hide text tongue.gif
x_shinigami_x
color it and size it small?
DAI World Order
i put an order for the game at HMV's Canadian site cause they gave me $15 off and free shipping but it's been a week since I made that order and they still don't have it yet dry.gif

Damn Best Buy selling it for $69.99 CDN...i mean...USD....ahh whatever, we got the shittier price.

rolling.gif

@ken

hey haven't seen you here for a while. you're saying Halo, an XBOX first person shooter , is a "fun game?" that's not like you man! what happened?

rolling.gif
BalOfFlnAngels
Ok, if you don't want to be spoiled. DO NOT HIGHTLIGHT THE TEXT!!

So basically, you once again blow up Halo. As your ship carring you, Cortana and The Arbiter flys away. The explosion from Halo engulfs the ship and the screen fades to black.

The next part you see is a memorial for all the main people who died and you see The Arbiter come up to the commander and the commander says "I can't believe he's dead" and you see the camera turn to a scratching on the memorial of "117" ( Master Chief's number ) and then the screen fades out and credits roll.

NOW after the credits you see Cortana go "Chief wake up!" and ta-da Master Chief and Cortana are alive, but the explosion from Halo cut their ship in half and they are stuck floating in space. Cortana proceeds to say "I'll send out a beacon, but it could take years for them to find us" Master Chief proceeds to go into a deep sleep chamber and he simply tells Cortana "Wake me when you need me". The end, possible hint to a Halo 4

End spoiler tongue.gif
ken-sama
@DWO: Yeah, it's a fun game. Online is pretty fun too. I also enjoyed Gears of War, single player is tight, online mp not so much.

I'm still a RPG guy tho. Crisis Core on the PSP is hot shit. Looking forward to the FFIV remake on the DS. And of course, FFXIII.
x_shinigami_x
crisis core is soooo good.. i dun wanna continue playing it cuz i cant understand anything and i play FF for the story. 2 years of uni level japanese is so useless. and before you ask why i wasted money on a game i dun understand, i bought the limited edition FF7 10th anniversary PSP which shipped with the game ^^;
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.