Full Version: Tomiko has disappeared =/
Do As Infinity Forum > Headquarters > Van Tomiko
hanako
Can someone erase this thread pls?
ralph_caoile
no this cant be......but let's not fall into despair ;]
totosquirt
omg foxeek.gif
when i first read the title, i thought you meant she was kidnapped or have gone missing!!!

foxcry.gif i was scared for a moment
BalOfFlnAngels
She hasn't disappered. She's in a movie that comes out in October, maybe she was to busy with the movie to really hit the studio and make new songs.
Infiniation
Didn't you make a topic like this before? I'm not trying to be rude, but come on, be patient. I know it's hard, I feel like that too but give it some time. Like BalOfFlnAngels said, she's in a new movie that's coming up, she obviously doesn't have enough time to make new songs.

Besides, enjoy the 2 minutes of 'manacles'. That should be something to look forward to. Give it at least 2 more months.
shidosan
Maybe it's because everyone's gotten accustomed to how fast DAI was releasing albums, but a lot of artists actually take a few years to release new stuff. Give her time.
EienDAIfan5d9
QUOTE(Infiniation @ Aug 29 2007, 09:25 PM) *

Didn't you make a topic like this before? I'm not trying to be rude, but come on, be patient. I know it's hard, I feel like that too but give it some time.

QFT. I was thinking the same time.
deathangel
QUOTE(shidosan @ Aug 30 2007, 06:32 PM) *

Maybe it's because everyone's gotten accustomed to how fast DAI was releasing albums, but a lot of artists actually take a few years to release new stuff. Give her time.

yeap........you are right on that and ban chan is not disappear, she is currently too bz with her movie i think but she will definetly be back and i am sure of that.....
kamuinosekai
*heart attack* ~_~

Let's think of better names for future topics, ok?

Well, like everyone else said, it's probably cuz she's busy with the movie, but movies usually don't take this long to make do they? It better be AMAZING!

But it's hard not to worry about her......but I think she'll come out with something really good soon, smile.gif
I believe in her, if it's not good, well, ^^ I'm still studying so....... laugh.gif
hanako
QUOTE(BalOfFlnAngels @ Aug 29 2007, 07:30 PM) *

She hasn't disappered. She's in a movie that comes out in October, maybe she was to busy with the movie to really hit the studio and make new songs.

Yeah... but the fact is, nothing has happened even since then!! It's been months. And does Manacles even EXIST??? There was one rumor, and I can't find it as an album anywhere... I've checked YesAsia.com. All there is are her singles from earlier this year. *sigh*
davus0
/agrees with kamui

I thought for a sec you mean she was potentially abducted
touff-ray
Be careful with your future threads titles. Same as davus, I thought of some dramatic things for a sec...
EienDAIfan5d9
Man you guys have vivid imaginations. xD

My first thought when I read the title was, "Man, people complain about Tomiko every other day, but no one complains about MI..."

And I'm sure it would be all over the Internet if she was literally missing or kidnapped.
totosquirt
normally, news, and even rumors, are posted on the forums, so you normally get it here first before YesAsia even posts a pre-order link.
kamuinosekai
QUOTE(EienDAIfan5d9 @ Aug 31 2007, 03:06 AM) *

My first thought when I read the title was, "Man, people complain about Tomiko every other day, but no one complains about MI..."

And I'm sure it would be all over the Internet if she was literally missing or kidnapped.

Sue me I'm a writer rolleyes.gif
EienDAIfan5d9
QUOTE(kamuinosekai @ Aug 30 2007, 10:17 PM) *

QUOTE(EienDAIfan5d9 @ Aug 31 2007, 03:06 AM) *

Sue me I'm a writer rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif
Aiz
NEEEE~hh!!! I've currently listening to a farewell song when I've read the title!!!! SHOCKS~!!!!!! C'mon!!! Come up with good titles next time~!!!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

My eyes wanna cry but there were no tears~!!!!!!
*TangerineRaven*
Yeah, you guys have active imaginations.. I understood the title perfectly.

Anyways, Ban-chan is probably just taking a well-deserved break. I mean.. think about it.. she's been active constantly!! Right after DAI disbanded, she went right to work on her solo career.. no break.

Let's just let her alone for awhile :]
ainouta
What do you mean she disappeared ?? She is right here in bed sleeping beside me!

So dont be so noisy or you might wake her! rolling.gif
kamuinosekai
I don't like you dry.gif
HeartlessCloud
I understood the thread title before I opened it, too...you guys jumped to worst-case scenario. XO

In any case, remember that...blah blah etc. etc. what everyone else said about her taking a break and the movie. tongue.gif
inuchan
maybe she 's on holiday..... visiting one or another country igocnito hehehe

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
Kyoyama_Tomiko
QUOTE(EienDAIfan5d9 @ Aug 30 2007, 08:54 AM) *

Didn't you make a topic like this before? I'm not trying to be rude, but come on, be patient. I know it's hard, I feel like that too but give it some time.

Who wants to hear another crappy album anyways rolling.gif
I thought: "wtf, disappeared? better hiatus than singing covers" rolling.gif
Agreed with you two.
EienDAIfan5d9
QUOTE(Kyoyama_Tomiko @ Sep 6 2007, 06:18 PM) *

QUOTE(EienDAIfan5d9 @ Aug 30 2007, 08:54 AM) *

Who wants to hear another crappy album anyways rolling.gif
I thought: "wtf, disappeared? better hiatus than singing covers" rolling.gif
Agreed with you two.

rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif Amen to that.
Aiz
QUOTE(ainouta @ Sep 5 2007, 01:24 AM) *

What do you mean she disappeared ?? She is right here in bed sleeping beside me!

So dont be so noisy or you might wake her! rolling.gif

My comment about this is.................

.............NO COMMENT!!!! Aaaaargh!!! rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif
superman0390
erm maybe their planning to reunite DAI? and they wana gather lots and lots of gossips and anticipation by making ban chan disappear and then POOF... Do as infinity is back hee wishful thinking eh?
totosquirt
QUOTE(superman0390 @ Oct 5 2007, 01:40 PM) *

erm maybe their planning to reunite DAI? and they wana gather lots and lots of gossips and anticipation by making ban chan disappear and then POOF... Do as infinity is back hee wishful thinking eh?

too much if you ask me foxconfused.gif
EL-g
no offense, but i really don't get why you guys keep talking about tomiko tomiko tomiko. She was the reason why DAI disbanded, since she wanted to go solo. And the worst is that you guys totally forget about Nagao who was the brain behind the band. By now you guys can tell that Ryo is not the best composer out there (even tho is a great guitar player) and banchan is just an average singer that really hasn't shown what she came for as far as a solo artist. I'm really not going into the personality of anyone of them but just judging their musicality. The 3 of them are really great when they combine their talents, but their individual talents alone are really average and it seems that for most of you its all about banchan... i really dont get it dunno.gif
totosquirt
spice girls are coming back
x japan is considering

...maybe ban should go back. you got about a point about nagao and owatari tongue.gif
Stovila
Because whatever kind of music and style, I love her voice, that's all for me >.>

Even she's singing a crappy song, I'm happy just to listen to her voice. >.>

Yea... even if she has trying to sing... "Oops I did it again" in Japanese version or Engrish. =))
Tangerine Dreamer
QUOTE(EL-g @ Oct 5 2007, 03:12 PM) *

no offense, but i really don't get why you guys keep talking about tomiko tomiko tomiko. She was the reason why DAI disbanded, since she wanted to go solo. And the worst is that you guys totally forget about Nagao who was the brain behind the band. By now you guys can tell that Ryo is not the best composer out there (even tho is a great guitar player) and banchan is just an average singer that really hasn't shown what she came for as far as a solo artist. I'm really not going into the personality of anyone of them but just judging their musicality. The 3 of them are really great when they combine their talents, but their individual talents alone are really average and it seems that for most of you its all about banchan... i really dont get it dunno.gif

I agree that neither Tomiko's nor Ryo's solo work is nearly as good as their combined talents ... I'm actually quite disappointed in Ban-chan, to be honest, because the songs she's been coming out with are just so generic. When she goes with her jazz influence it usually turns out well -- I love "Hold Me" -- but her pop songs are mediocre at best. *prepares to be attacked*

At the same time, even though Nagao was who formed the band in the first place and obviously contributed some great composing to the group both initially and after he stepped out of the spotlight, Ryo has been behind some good DoAs songs as well. I don't think you can really hold up Missile Innovation as an example of his composing talents, because it's much less serious of a band and the entire ... vibe, I guess, is rather different than Do As Infinity. I'll admit though, some of MI's songs are rather so-so as well.

But anyway, being the voice and the main face of DoAs (not to mention the cute/hot girl), it's understandable that so many forumers are attached to her. tongue.gif Personally, I would love it if she stepped it up and started making music more on par with DoAs (or even "Hold Me," for that matter), but at the moment I'm more interested in Missile Innovation. Even then it's sort of peripheral though. Anyway, I'm rambling.
kamuinosekai
I agree with Stov, I just listen to her music for her voice, I get annoyed that her songs suck, but I'm happy that she's happy ^_^

Besides guys I only have 2 more years of high school and I can go to Japan, and 2 more years I can start to write for Tomiko......~~ rolleyes.gif
Aiz
QUOTE(EL-g @ Oct 6 2007, 06:12 AM) *

You really got a point about that. And I was hit! X.x

But fyi, I didn't forget about Dai Nagao! Whenever I listen to some songs of Ayumi Hamasaki, BoA and other artists that Nagao has been composing for, Nagao is always coming upon my mind and can't help but to praise him! "OMG~!! Dai is really great!! He has an incredible talent! Ang galing-galing ni Dai!!! SHOCKS~!!!!!!!!" foxxd.gif foxxd.gif

..... and after those praises, of course, there's a following criticism! "Why doesn't he composes any songs for Tomiko?!?! Why do he has to compose for those others?!?! Why did he choose those others over his own band?!?!?!?! WAAAAAAAAAA~!!!!!!!!" foxxd.gif

Konkon! I guess I'm really one of those you're pointing, EL-g. Well, I guess I admit it! Kon! Hehehehe..... foxxd.gif

As for Ryo and MI, hmm....actually, I don't have enough time to listen to their songs...but as long as I have organized myself, I'll definitely listen to them!!

WAAAAAAAA~!!!!!!! I'm still for DO AS INFINITY~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EL-g
@Tangerine Dreamer
I'm actually quite disappointed in Ban-chan, to be honest, because the songs she's been coming out with are just so generic.

Yes me too!!
At the same time, even though Nagao was who formed the band in the first place and obviously contributed some great composing to the group both initially and after he stepped out of the spotlight, Ryo has been behind some good DoAs songs as well.

Actually I believe you are wrong in this one. if you check the song's credits on the cds you will always see: words and music by D.A.I (which is nagao dai) and arrangment by D.A.I/Seiji Kameda. Only when it comes to Need your love you will actually see: Music by D.A.I, words by Ryo Owatari arrangment by D.A.I/Seiji Kameda (Rakuen credits), which makes me really think that D.A.I really stands for Nagao. People please correct me if im wrong.
But anyway, being the voice and the main face of DoAs (not to mention the cute/hot girl), it's understandable that so many forumers are attached to her.

That is true.

@stovila
Because whatever kind of music and style, I love her voice, that's all for me >.>

That is good for you. You don't even need to long for DAI to get back then....

@Aiz
Konkon! I guess I'm really one of those you're pointing, EL-g. Well, I guess I admit it! Kon! Hehehehe....

hehehh ok.

@All - anyways I was really sad when i see all this people talking about tomiko this and tomiko that and the truth is that almost none of the people in the forum are really interested and why Area404 project was shut down and what is going on with Nagao. I've been in a quest to find that out but its really to know what is going on there...
ANNA
QUOTE(EL-g @ Oct 7 2007, 08:21 AM) *

@All - anyways I was really sad when i see all this people talking about tomiko this and tomiko that and the truth is that almost none of the people in the forum are really interested and why Area404 project was shut down and what is going on with Nagao. I've been in a quest to find that out but its really to know what is going on there...

The problem is we didn't know what Dai Nagao was doing when Do As Infinity was active, even worse now DAI broke up! He was/is so mysterious! rolleyes.gif
It's easier to follow Ban-chan's & Ryo's adventures cause They have own sites or anyway more available wink.gif
EL-g
@Anna
The problem is we didn't know what Dai Nagao was doing when Do As Infinity was active, even worse now DAI broke up! He was/is so mysterious! rolleyes.gif
It's easier to follow Ban-chan's & Ryo's adventures cause They have own sites or anyway more available wink.gif

I have to agree with anna on that
deathangel
whatever the reason we seem to discuss here, it seems that it is best when the three of them are together as a band.........and though their solo project arent that good but it will still appeal to us, i think coz we are so in them already......

and one thing for sure.......DAI arent not only bout ban chan but also bout ryo and dai........so we should be talking bout them as a whole/....

anyway that is just my 2 cents of thought

*hope it wont offend anyone*
Stovila
I don't put my expectation too high anymore for DAI come back since i'm tired of hoping.

But if they do, that's a better extra for my excitement. Otherwise, I should be okay with it (I have to).

*hugs tomiko tight*

Beside as I recall, the popularity of DAI for their last 2-3 albums, True Song, GOH and NYL can't beat their previous rank on chart.

Since Nagao go gay somewhere else, I think they also a bit doomed, I'm not sure enough but I think every human has their own limit =/

I still remember how I cried that year, knowing Mr. Big (american band) disband xD

But well, I'm still listening to their musics today.
deathangel
you are right on that stovilla...........but i do hope that they might someday have a reunion concert or performance even if they arent together......at least that still will make some of us happy......
EL-g
@ deathangel - me too!!
Aiz
QUOTE(deathangel @ Oct 9 2007, 01:08 AM) *

you are right on that stovilla...........but i do hope that they might someday have a reunion concert or performance even if they arent together......at least that still will make some of us happy......

Yay! We're all the same! All Daiforumers want that miraculous thing!!!!!!! The reunion concert of DO AS INFINITY~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Waaaa~!!!!!!
Shizuku

@Tangerine Dreamer
At the same time, even though Nagao was who formed the band in the first place and obviously contributed some great composing to the group both initially and after he stepped out of the spotlight, Ryo has been behind some good DoAs songs as well.

Actually I believe you are wrong in this one. if you check the song's credits on the cds you will always see: words and music by D.A.I (which is nagao dai) and arrangment by D.A.I/Seiji Kameda. Only when it comes to Need your love you will actually see: Music by D.A.I, words by Ryo Owatari arrangment by D.A.I/Seiji Kameda (Rakuen credits), which makes me really think that D.A.I really stands for Nagao. People please correct me if im wrong.

Well, at least the guitar solo are all Ryo's work!
Nagao Dai's can't compose solo, if you noticed when you here "trust!" without Ryo.

I have to say, yea, Ryo has been behind ALL Dai songs.
EL-g
QUOTE(Shizuku @ Oct 17 2007, 12:59 PM) *

@Tangerine Dreamer

Well, at least the guitar solo are all Ryo's work!
Nagao Dai's can't compose solo, if you noticed when you here "trust!" without Ryo.

I have to say, yea, Ryo has been behind ALL Dai songs.

I have to disagree here. For example, Heart final solo and Oasis final solo's are composed by DAI. Also take a listen to Akico types D.A.I works. Some wicked solo's there. D.a.I is an all around player, even though Ryo was indeed responsible for most of the solo's in DO AS songs. Also most of the guitars in the studio were Recorded by Ryo and alo by a few freelancers. I'm not too sure how many has the master nagao actually recorded but i can guarantee that they were not many
shidosan
I think the way they credit things can be misleading. I currently don't have my CDs with me, but does anyone know how they credited Azayakana Hana on the Gates of Heaven album? Cause if they just said music by D.A.I on that one, that wouldn't be entirely accurate as the song was originally written by Ryo. The Do As version is the cover. And the reggae style for that song... suits Ryo's style more than Dai's I'd have to say.

So basically I think Dai did most of the main compositions, but it's not like he didn't have any input from Ryo and Tomiko, especially since they were the ones who were going to perform it once he stopped coming out on stage with them. Of course there are exceptions to that - like the Do As songs Dai had already recorded demo tapes for before the band was even formed. Those were probably entirely Dai's work.
deathangel
as far as i know most credits in DAI albums whether it is work by Dai, Ryo or Tomiko and whether the songs are written way before DAI was form always are the same.........they always printed; words, music by D.A.I.......
Shizuku
QUOTE(deathangel @ Oct 18 2007, 04:18 AM) *

as far as i know most credits in DAI albums whether it is work by Dai, Ryo or Tomiko and whether the songs are written way before DAI was form always are the same.........they always printed; words, music by D.A.I.......

That's why I said that Ryo's after ALL of the ELECTRICAL guitar solo.
Dai-sama composed the acoustic guitar part for sure tho.
Stovila
QUOTE(deathangel @ Oct 18 2007, 12:18 AM) *

And Me.. Stovila...

It's written there.. "And all Supporter"

Are we talking about the same "credit" here xD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.