Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing New?
Do As Infinity Forum > Headquarters > Van Tomiko
hanako
Anybody know if new stuff is going on for Tomiko? There hasn't been a new topic in here in a few weeks it seems like =/ I wonder what she's up to!
shidosan
It doesn't seem as if anything's been going on lately. She hasn't updated her diary in a long time, and the last news update on her official website just says that her new song, Manacles, is going to be on the Reideen anime ost. That's pretty much it.
Shigure
I think she is involved with the BKL musical by now, that's probably the reason for the few news lately.
sound.
Ahhh yes...

Anybody know when the musical finishes ??

I really need more news from Tomiko !!

Because this night I dreamed that she stopped the music !! Lol. Bad bad nightmare !! buncry.gif
shidosan
QUOTE(Shigure @ Jun 24 2007, 01:01 PM) *

I think she is involved with the BKL musical by now, that's probably the reason for the few news lately.

Brooklyn ended a long time ago - March 3 was the last performance of the show.
Aiz
Oh, is that so??? So what's going on now on our Goddess, Tomiko??????????
avan_piper
i cant access her official site for some reason...
green
QUOTE(avan_piper @ Jun 27 2007, 08:32 AM) *

it works for me right now. maybe it was just down when you tried to access it...?
avan_piper
QUOTE(green @ Jun 27 2007, 05:09 PM) *

QUOTE(avan_piper @ Jun 27 2007, 08:32 AM) *

it works for me right now. maybe it was just down when you tried to access it...?

i'll try again. biggrin.gif
BalOfFlnAngels
Does anyone know if there is even an official release date for manacles yet?
ANNA
her Japanese fans are worrying for lack of news about Ban-chan sad.gif
avan_piper
QUOTE(ANNA @ Jun 28 2007, 09:29 AM) *

her Japanese fans are worrying for lack of news about Ban-chan sad.gif

i think we are worrying here too dunno.gif
Luigi As Infinity2015
Hello supporters, or maybe she taken a vacations foxwhat.gif what do you think? naughty.gif
ainouta
QUOTE(Luigi As Infinity2015 @ Jun 29 2007, 02:51 AM) *

Hello supporters, or maybe she taken a vacations foxwhat.gif what do you think? naughty.gif

vacation or WORSE!!! (married and honeymoon time T_T )
Rei13
.............you think too much, dear

watch.. this week's BREAKING NEWS: Van Tomiko married!!! rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif
Aiz
QUOTE(ainouta @ Jun 29 2007, 04:22 PM) *

vacation or WORSE!!! (married and honeymoon time T_T )

C'mon Aino-san!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't think about that thing!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's IMPOSSIBLE~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
green
QUOTE(BalOfFlnAngels @ Jun 28 2007, 03:38 AM) *

Does anyone know if there is even an official release date for manacles yet?

was it even confirmed as the next single? unsure.gif

yah, it's strange to not even have any news about her. she isn't doing any musical or anything now, is she?

and she hasn't posted on her diary in a LONG time. ohmy.gif

but she also strikes me as the type of person who WOULD take a very long break/vacation whenever.

but then again, Ayumi's last release was in February (i think).

[Voice~cover you with love~] only sold 9,710 copies, according to wiki. ohmy.gif that's about the same as [yumeji] sold, and [yumeji] was a single. rolling.gif
tomikolover
Does Tomiko have a boyfriend? lol
MimaKinomoto
Maybe DAI will be back soon. >O

... That would be good.
And I like it more that way. xP
I still hope they will... ._.'
ANNA
maybe Avex is waiting for "Heat Island"'s release in Autumn foxblah.gif

maybe there will be a new Ban-chan's song in the movie foxhi.gif

maybe her new album will be released in Winter foxhm.gif

sometimes I think too much of Ban-chan! foxxd.gif
IDentity
QUOTE(ANNA @ Jul 5 2007, 10:38 PM) *

maybe Avex is waiting for "Heat Island"'s release in Autumn foxblah.gif

maybe there will be a new Ban-chan's song in the movie foxhi.gif

maybe her new album will be released in Winter foxhm.gif

sometimes I think too much of Ban-chan! foxxd.gif

I guess she's frozen by Avex together with other artistes that aren't doing well...
Tangerine Dreamer
To be fair, she's been doing a lot of recording in the past year ... so she's probably recuperating, and maybe getting ready to do a little touring?
kamuinosekai
yus yus~touring that sounds good!! I'm not so proud of her bad cd sales but I'm sure she'd enjoy touring again ^_^. I just hope she writes in her diary soon, O_O
Aiz
YAY~!!! We're really worried about her......
doasan
wow lots of speculations!!! XD...but I'm a bit worried 'cuz i dunno any news from her...and her music...I hope she'll be Ok!

Ban chan ganbatte kudasai!
krg779
Well, in the TokyoFM interview that ainouta posted a couple months back, Ban-chan did say that she was planning on recording new material this summer. This was back in April though, so I guess we can't exactly call it "news." As others have said, she's got a lot on her plate in terms of side projects too, but I still wouldn't be surprised if she's in the recording studio as we speak.

Regarding her poor album sales though, they really went the unorthodox route w/ her first album by not doing heavy single promotion prior to the release of the record, and her second record was a cover album, which really tend to sell less by default anyway. It's sort of silly to imagine that Ban-chan could even come close to replicating DAI's sales as a soloist anyway, but hopefully Avex understands that a lot of Ban-chan's sales have been a victim of circumstance. In terms of quality, both records have been pretty spectacular imo.
Daish
LOL tour, I don't think she's popular enough atm to do touring... unless it was some dai related gimick laugh.gif

As to releasing something, I don't mind waiting as long as its good and has good results. rolleyes.gif I've just yet to really really like any of her songs. Maybe I haven't given her a fair chance. As to heat island, did someone already "pre claim" it for subbing rolling.gif lol yeah I'm overly optimistic I know
MimaKinomoto
I think/talk too much about DAI DAI DAI... But.. They could REALLY be back now.. ._.
X-JAPAN, the brilliant green, SIAM SHADE's concert.... And I heard something about NEWS getting back too..... \o\
This is the perfect year for that. Her sales are not good, and MI is not that popular either... (which is very bad, because they're really good) =/

I don't know... Maybe I'm just thinking too much about that same old subject again, but there's no way for me to stop thinking about that.

The weirdest thing is that she doesn't post to her blog for a while now... ^^;
It makes me woooooonder....
Okay okay, I stop here. =___=
totosquirt
QUOTE(MiMaKiNoMoTo @ Jul 16 2007, 11:51 PM) *

I think/talk too much about DAI DAI DAI... But.. They could REALLY be back now.. ._.
X-JAPAN, the brilliant green, SIAM SHADE's concert.... And I heard something about NEWS getting back too..... \o\
This is the perfect year for that. Her sales are not good, and MI is not that popular either... (which is very bad, because they're really good) =/

I don't know... Maybe I'm just thinking too much about that same old subject again, but there's no way for me to stop thinking about that.

The weirdest thing is that she doesn't post to her blog for a while now... ^^;
It makes me woooooonder....
Okay okay, I stop here. =___=

a good title for their comeback album would be "ESCAPE" (describing their break in 1 word...i guess...but was it really an escape?)
Chie
I don't think they'll get together again... I mean, they've had their "-final-" concert, and an A-side album etc... I think it'd be a bit embarrassing to just come back and say: "oops, maybe we were a bit too fast woth the break-up..." seems to me as if the dsibanding was completely serious.

off-topic: yippieeeh, thanks MiMaKiNoMoTo, I'm soo happy that the brilliant green got together again *____* In fact, it was clear because they didn't officially disband. BURIGURI 4-ever!!!!! (2nd place after DAI, of course)
kamuinosekai
Hmmmm I doubt that they're going to get together again. I mean we all know that MI & Tomiko aren't doing so great, but Nagao is probably doing decently and probably has no intention of getting back together with a band where he's only the back man. I think he's happy the way things are *shrug* but that's just me ^^
shidosan
QUOTE(kamuinosekai @ Jul 18 2007, 07:40 PM) *

Hmmmm I doubt that they're going to get together again. I mean we all know that MI & Tomiko aren't doing so great, but Nagao is probably doing decently and probably has no intention of getting back together with a band where he's only the back man. I think he's happy the way things are *shrug* but that's just me ^^

But Nagao's always in the shadows - the only time he ever appeared as a main member was in the beginning of DAI's run. For the most part, he stays behind the scenes in everything he does, so I can't see why he wouldn't be able to compose some stuff for DAI again.

That said, I do agree that DAI wouldn't be making a comeback this soon. It would be too... "cheap", especially after that huge farewell concert they had. But I don't think that Tomiko is necessarily doing bad after going solo. She was in a broadway musical, released two albums, and is going to have an appearance in a movie. And her latest song is the theme song for an anime. That's pretty good. I think the reason we haven't heard from her in a while is that she's finally taking a break. We all remember how grueling DAI's tour schedule was. And it's not like she laid low immediately after going solo. So I think she's just taking it easy for a while. She'll probably be back in the spotlight once Heat Island comes out.
totosquirt
a break? (: yay

i hope she gets inspired during her break; i want more music o:
shidosan
QUOTE(totosquirt @ Jul 19 2007, 01:41 AM) *

a break? (: yay

i hope she gets inspired during her break; i want more music o:

Well, at least I would think so. That's the most logical answer. I think we've been spoiled because in her 6 years with DAI, they never really had a long lay off period. Always touring and making albums.
Tangerine Dreamer
I doubt they'll get back together -- and in any case, I didn't think NYL was nearly on par with their other albums -- but I can definitely see a reunion performance at some point. Maybe on the anniversary in a couple years ... maybe the year I'm planning on working in Japan!
Aiz
OK~!!! Let's work in Japan....and resurect Do As Infinity~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
small_saint
I hope Ban Chan is doing fine, no news from her, makes me a little worried, lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.