Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TEKKEN 6!
Do As Infinity Forum > Downtown > Anime & Game Center
Infiniation
YEAH! I finally made a thread about it.

Here's the story.
The 5th “King of the Iron Fist Tournament” has ended with Heihachi Mishima missing and the eventual winner being Jin Kazama. Jin Kazama then assumes the role as head of the Mishima Zaibatsu and beings using the special Tekken force units for propaganda and manipulative acts all over the world. Eventually many people become upset by this and it starts riots and eventually war amongst nations. With the world now at war, many nations lose their power and the Mishima Zaibatsu declares itself as an independent nation. The Mishima Zaibatsu is intent on conquering the world with only G Corporation to stand in its way. People around the world see G Corporation as a savior and G Corporation offers a price on Jin Kazama to anyone that can bring him in alive. Just as anyone could have expected, the announced for the 6th “King of Iron Fist Tournament” was under way. Those that want to make a name for themselves, those that seek money, and those that want revenge. Many different ideals and goals gather while the Tekken 6 tournament is unveiled.

Looks like Jin won, yet again. What a surprise.

So, it looks like we have three new characters entering the tournament, which are: Leo (who is a GIRL O_O), Zafina, and Miguel. There's a YouTube video, which introduces Leo and Zafina, as well as a gist of how Tekken 6 will look like. Here's the link. The ending of it is WTF though. xD

Me, being the lazy person I am, is giving you just a link to all the Tekken 6 info SO far. xD
virilevocalist
Sweet!
HeartlessCloud
QUOTE(Infiniation @ May 26 2007, 03:51 PM) *
Looks like Jin won, yet again. What a surprise.
It's pretty much always been a Mishima or Jin, hasn't it? tongue.gif It's kind of strange to me that they're turning Jin into a bad guy, but then again, Heihachi went from bad...to good..to bad. XD
virilevocalist
It's that cursed DEMON GENE!!! *cue Leave It To Beaver canned laughter*
Infiniation
^Agreed. foxhm.gif

QUOTE(HeartlessCloud @ May 27 2007, 08:57 PM) *

It's pretty much always been a Mishima or Jin, hasn't it? tongue.gif It's kind of strange to me that they're turning Jin into a bad guy, but then again, Heihachi went from bad...to good..to bad. XD

I think it's the Devil Gene that's doing it. I dunno, but yeah, it was pretty random to me when I read it. I was like WTF? XD

I still CAN'T TAKE THE FACT THAT LEO IS A WOMAN. X_X
And I don't like the whole 'weapon use' thing, it kinda ruins the whole fighting thing, IMO.
Pongo_RST
Leo is awesome.. ^^

About the weapon thing, I think Namco isn't that stupid to let what's-supposed-to-be-improvement to ruin the whole game. So, I guess the weapon thing won't really take significant part of the game.
Infiniation
Unless they make the weapons go under the customization option and make it costly, then yeah, it won't. Nice avatar btw. tongue.gif

Still having hope for an Online option... and Jun coming back LOL.
HeartlessCloud
QUOTE(Infiniation @ May 28 2007, 10:15 PM) *
I think it's the Devil Gene that's doing it. I dunno, but yeah, it was pretty random to me when I read it. I was like WTF? XD
I thought Jin's ending in Tekken 5 was supposed to be a joke. Guess not. blink.gif

Didn't know Jun was returning. Maybe they'll put Michelle back in, that'd be cool. She was my fave back in the first two games. Or maybe this is just wishful thinking.

I'm hoping the customization feature in this game is cheaper. Some of the items in 5 were a pain in the ass to get.
Infiniation
I also thought that Jin's T5 ending was untrue, it just felt so... off. XD

Oh and, you read wrong. xD I was HOPING that Jun would come back. rolling.gif
Infiniation
Tekken 6 is going online for some of you that don't know. Anyways, the new character has been unveiled! His name is Bob. LOL how original.

IPB Image
ALL HAIL FATTIES!

He looks kinda badass though. What I don't understand is that he sorta has Jin's T5 CG stance. o_o;

And his story~

Known as a martial arts genius, with his toned body and handsome face he was very popular. However when he was unable to beat opponents who were larger than he was, Bob became determined to engineer his body to increase power and weight while maintaining speed. For this reason, Bob disappears from the fighting world.

A few years later after completing his body engineering… Everyone around him is shocked at his appearance! Although people are not taking Bob seriously anymore, he is confident about his new found strength. To test his new found power he enters The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6.

Kinda lame... but that's Namco for you. laugh.gif
HeartlessCloud
I like that Namco still adds weird characters to their roster. Like Asuka in Tekken 5, who was completely unlike the other Kazamas (she's a lighthearted character and can be pretty arrogant overall, which is fresh).

All they need to do now is have one of these lighthearted/weird characters win the tournament! Imagine if Xiaoyu had actually won Tekken 5 and become the leader of the Mishima Zaibatsu. rolling.gif

Anyway, Bob looks interesting, I'll give him a try...after I get accustomed to playing as Asuka in the new game first. smile.gif
Infiniation
New profiles for Lili, Steve Fox, Marshall Law and Paul Phoenix.

Lili
Lili competed in the King Of Iron Fist Tournament 5 behind her father’s back, but was defeated by Asuka Kazama. Once her father had found out about Lili’s participation, she was grounded, preventing her from claiming revenge on Asuka.

One day, her father’s oil fields are taken over by Mishima Zaibatsu control, and his company falls into disrepute, her father suffering greatly from overwork. Mishima Zaibatsu announces the King of Iron Fist Tournament 6. Lili deduces that she can reclaim her father’s oil field if she wins the upcoming tournament, easing the anxiety of her father. Lili decides to participate in the tournament to save her father.

Steve
Steve Fox had destroyed the research institute of the Mishima Zaibatsu, and finally settled a long-time feeling of resentment. Steve was intent on returning to the world of the boxing again, but the majority of major boxing meets are canceled by the war that broke out all over the world. Steve, who knew no other trade than the boxing ring, had effectively lost his job and his passion, and went into depression.

Soon after, he received an invitation to train together with Marshall Law and Paul Phoenix. Steve, who liked the idea of training in a martial art other than boxing, accepted.

Paul
Paul Phoenix’s rematch with the bear called “Kuma” was fierce, and though victorious, he was utterly exhausted, leaving him unable to continue the King of Iron Fist Tournament 5. Unable to collect any prize money from the last tournament, Paul, who was already burdened by his mountain of debt, learns that a new King of Iron Fist Tournament will be held soon.

Believing he that if he won the tournament, he could finally say goodbye to his loan troubles, Paul deeply though about ways to increase his chances of winning—participating on his own was out of the question. If he could assemble a team with someone, his chances of winning the prize money would greatly increase. And so he went over his plan with his best friend Marshall Law.

Law
During the middle of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 5, it was discovered that Marshall Law was working illegally in Japan, and as a result he was immediately deported to his home country of the United States of America.

With the deadline to pay for the damages of his son’s accident fast approaching, hopes of getting the money needed were slim. Just then, his best friend Paul Phoenix approached him with the idea of forming a team—securing a high-ranking prize alone would certainly be difficult, but if he was part of a team, the probability of winning would be much higher.

Marshall accepted Paul’s invite, but thinking a three-man team was better two, the renowned boxer Steve Fox caught his attention.

Looks like Steve's ganging up with Law and Paul. :0 And Lili wants revenge from Asuka! Ohhhh! Drama! XD I want Asuka's story so bad. D:

By the way if you've seen Xiaoyu's story, it looks like she's gonna be pretty big and not OMGCUTE in this game, with Jin and all.
HeartlessCloud
QUOTE(Infiniation @ Aug 30 2007, 08:47 PM) *
Once her father had found out about Lili’s participation, she was grounded, preventing her from claiming revenge on Asuka.
Lmao, getting grounded was what stopped her revenge? rolling.gif Priceless.

I can just imagine Asuka going through her story and not knowing that Lili might be after her.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.