Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What if Van moved to a sub-avex contract?
Do As Infinity Forum > Headquarters > Van Tomiko
totosquirt
personally, i would hate it biggrin.gif

just wondering, would that restrict her from participating in certain avex trax only stuff?
davus0
that would suck. think of missile innovation relegated to tearbridge. or mitsuru igarashi... hasn't started any hit groups in years. probably no main stage at a-nation or any other big event, and a lot less marketing

Stovila
I'd strongly suggest her to move to Sony... T.T
ainouta
QUOTE(Stovila @ May 8 2007, 11:30 AM) *

yea i agree and do lots of songs / modeling / commercials for PSP PS3 and PS4 !
EL-g
i also agree biggrin.gif
jabig
I want her to join Hello Project...maybe Morning Musume biggrin.gif
I prefer Ban-chan sing a pop song rather than jazz.
Maybe she can show us her dancing skill laugh.gif laugh.gif
Stovila
QUOTE(jabig @ May 8 2007, 03:00 AM) *

I want her to join Hello Project...maybe Morning Musume biggrin.gif
I prefer Ban-chan sing a pop song rather than jazz.
Maybe she can show us her dancing skill laugh.gif laugh.gif

Denied.... ph34r.gif

I don't want those young chicks bullying Ban Chan...
Unless you want momusu eliminated from this universe... by my hand...

*sarcastic laugh*
Kyo Kusanagi
Ban-chan in Morning Musume? Oh well, she could be the new Yossi rolling.gif And she would get lots of PBs...
*daydreams about a Ban-chan AloHello!*

Seriously, judging by the little success MI got with their first album last year, I would never want Ban-chan to be moved to an avex sub-label, she wouldn' t get any "first class" marketing as davus has already said and it wouldn' t be good at all for her popularity.
jabig
QUOTE(Stovila @ May 8 2007, 02:39 PM) *

Denied.... ph34r.gif

I don't want those young chicks bullying Ban Chan...
Unless you want momusu eliminated from this universe... by my hand...

I don't think so.
MM's universe is much bigger than you and me..

QUOTE(Kyo Kusanagi @ May 8 2007, 03:00 PM) *

*daydreams about a Ban-chan AloHello!*

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Aiz
Why would they do that to Tomiko Van?!?!?!?!? They can't do that to my Goddess, my angel, my princess, my queen, my empress, my deity, my fairy, my lady...................
Kyo Kusanagi
Showbiz is full of heartless people rolleyes.gif But as far as Ban-chan manages to get decent sales (as she did with Farewell, we better not to pay too much attantion to the Voice sales since it' s a cover album) she will stay under the main avex label without any doubt ^^
totosquirt
i just watched some of OLIVIA's old PVs from 2000, including "Dress me Up" and "Color of your spoon"

...she was in "avex trax" but now in "cutting edge"...
blink.gif

oh ya, kuu-chan (koda kumi) is in rhythm zone...but they got their own awesomeness going down there...
Kyo Kusanagi
I had forgotten about Kumi and Olivia when talking here in this thread ^^; Guess it' s just a matter of marketing and labels or sub-labels don' t matter instead. Do you feel happy about it? ...I' m still a bit confused lol O_o It' s just that I don' t know whether Ban-chan' s career could get any harm if she' s moved to a sub-contract.
totosquirt
i just went to avex.jp

van tomiko is at #30
foxeek.gif
Stovila
30 out of... ? 1500?
totosquirt
QUOTE(Stovila @ May 8 2007, 07:56 PM) *

30 out of... ? 1500?

30...from 21. i meant she dropped. dunno.gif
but, anyways, she might not be @ the top 30 soon! sad.gif
doasan
you mean that being in avex is not always good if you wanna have good sales? ... I don't know so much about discographycs, but... does avex limit their artists to appear on Tv and doing CM, dramas...etc? if so, I think that this don't help sales...on the contrary,,,
well an about ban being a morning..mm I don't like mornigs, I think she's better than that kind of girls (I don't wanna make any fan of mornings get angry with me, take it just as an opinion please^^') because her voice's really powerfull! I don't know... I like her singing like in DAI not jazz or something similar... music too slow personally I don't like... but her voice adapts whatever kind of music, she's a great talent ....I think she should change to sony too xD

*sorry i wish i could speak my mind clearly, sometimes i don't know how to say some things in english, so if you don't understand, just tell me, or if i have made a mistake let me know please^^
totosquirt
are composers limited to their recording contracts? or can something happen such that DAI composes for Utada?
shidosan
QUOTE(doasan @ May 13 2007, 06:15 PM) *

you mean that being in avex is not always good if you wanna have good sales? ... I don't know so much about discographycs, but... does avex limit their artists to appear on Tv and doing CM, dramas...etc? if so, I think that this don't help sales...on the contrary,,,
well an about ban being a morning..mm I don't like mornigs, I think she's better than that kind of girls (I don't wanna make any fan of mornings get angry with me, take it just as an opinion please^^') because her voice's really powerfull! I don't know... I like her singing like in DAI not jazz or something similar... music too slow personally I don't like... but her voice adapts whatever kind of music, she's a great talent ....I think she should change to sony too xD

*sorry i wish i could speak my mind clearly, sometimes i don't know how to say some things in english, so if you don't understand, just tell me, or if i have made a mistake let me know please^^

I don't know if I'm understanding you, but are you saying that it's bad to do stuff like appear on tv, do commercials, and be in dramas? Why would that negatively hurt her? The more exposure she gets, the better for her, because she can use it to reach out to people who wouldn't have listened to her music otherwise.

QUOTE(totosquirt @ May 9 2007, 02:43 AM) *

30...from 21. i meant she dropped. dunno.gif
but, anyways, she might not be @ the top 30 soon! sad.gif

That's still a very good number, considering that her style isn't mainstream anymore.
Rei13
QUOTE(ainouta @ May 7 2007, 09:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Stovila @ May 8 2007, 11:30 AM) *

yea i agree and do lots of songs / modeling / commercials for PSP PS3 and PS4 !

I'd start playing if she did XD rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif rolling.gif
mroneder
Sad isn't it? Used to check avex.jp often and DAI was always in the top 10. Now Ban-chan is no where in sight in the top 30! What's avex doing to her career????
davus0
One gets the feeling DAI broke up not on the best of terms because why else would the performers all willingly reduce their sales? Artistic integrity? Or did Avex think that DAI's last hurrah of merchandising could make them more money than keeping DAI together while sales slowly declined, leading to indifference when they finally do break up?
totosquirt
how about "avex io"? o_o
kamuinosekai
Isn't there any way that she can just leave Avex and go with a different company? Cuz the way I see it, Avex is Ayumi and others mean crap to them, she might as well go to a different label.

Poor Tomiko dry.gif
deathangel
if this is the case then i agree that she should leave avex for her own good
Rei13
if she leaves avex, then what other label is there =/?

Heyy I'm really liking the idea of Sony. Then I could see her on commercials and magazines foxxd.gif
Kyoyama_Tomiko
This is pointless....sublabels are NOT related to poor success
a great example is Nanase Aikawa, she belongs to an avex sublabel (motorod), and it has been like that since day one, now you dont wanna come and tell me she had no success whatsoever, because Id probably punch you biggrin.gif

and to whoever mentioned Morning Musume, Zetima (MM record label) is handled by Sony, which again would be another example of a sublabel related to commercial success (?)

Success depends on the artist, not always on the label...she would never leave avex. She also got mediocre music/management, its not marketable. Who the heck would come up with a lame arranged cover album?
Then again there is commercial success, and decent music, and lame music and failure, or any combination of those 4 variables.
These contracts for artists could have weird clauses where the artists are not allowed to use their known artistic name when moving to other label, then VAN TOMIKO is doomed (worst than now), and she would have to start from scratch(?)
EienDAIfan5d9
Maybe it would make her realize she needs to do better music and she goes back to sexy rock-punk Tomiko. bunlove.gif

Ah...Who am I kidding? That will never happen...Now we have sophisticated, boring Tomiko...>_>

BTW, I'm harsh on Tomiko's solo career, I know. I think she is capable of so much more than what she's been doing...
kamuinosekai
Well, that's another good point. I guess we can't always just blame avex everytime, ^^

I think the major reason is not the advertising but the music. Honestly if i ever met the people responsible for making such bad "music" I'd just punch them in the face. dry.gif

I'm just starting out writing and a lot of the stuff I hear I can prolly write 10 times better, ^^
Every time I hear a new song I just feel like "Why?! That sounds completely stupid!" If it wasn't for her voice, I would definitely NOT listen to her solo stuff. I think that even if Tomiko doen't leave avex, it'd be a smart choice for her to "refine" her taste in music....or at least the writers

(If you happen to be Tomiko-san and reading this, I'll write for you wavey.gif )

Talk about motivation! *pulls out music theory book* cool.gif
Kyoyama_Tomiko
whats a sublevel anyways? LMAO

Better some music carreer than none at all right? XD
and yeah, some of us are harsh at her carreer because we think the music is mediocre right? XD
davus0
Not just that it's mediocre, but that we know what she sounds good at (DAI-style, or pure jazz-pop a la Hold Me) and we can hear that she is having bad songs written for her voice.
totosquirt
am i the only one who loved her "voice" album? foxconfused.gif
kamuinosekai
QUOTE(davus0 @ Aug 18 2007, 07:15 AM) *

Not just that it's mediocre, but that we know what she sounds good at (DAI-style, or pure jazz-pop a la Hold Me) and we can hear that she is having bad songs written for her voice.

yea! and what kind of idiot thought up of the idea of putting out a cover album so early in her career? -__-

To me that just screams this person can't make music. She's better than that.......maybe Tomiko-san & I can spend some time together and i can teach her music? smile.gif so what if I'm still learning? You can't learn without teaching!

@totosquirt: yea probably cuz i definitely didn't like 90% of the cd *psshht* cover songs!
Daish
lol she just has to prove it wasn't only dai that made her succeed, that cover album thing was just a mistake. We all make them, whither it was in our power or not, the thing is to move on. Can't look back, can't turn back. Hate to say it, but it was foreseeable ohmy.gif
shidosan
QUOTE(totosquirt @ Aug 19 2007, 11:19 PM) *

am i the only one who loved her "voice" album? foxconfused.gif

I liked Voice too. I think the reason she did it was to prove that she is more diverse as an artist. She wanted to change her image and prove that she wasn't just a rock singer. Hence the different styles in her Farewell and Voice albums. Hence doing Brooklyn, and Heat Island. It's really sad that people can't accept her transformation. The whole reason why she broke away from DAI was to change her image, so wishing she'd go back to singing rock songs makes the whole solo thing pretty pointless. She won't have as many fans going down this path, but I think this is what she really wanted to do. I seriously doubt that "evil" Avex is forcing her to do any of this.
Rei13
I didn't like Tomiko's solo career at first because the songs are COMPLETELY different than that of DAI's songs O_o but Tomiko and DAI are different and ppl, you just need to accept that.

If you understand that, then just listen to Tomiko's songs again and you'll luv it all the same smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.