Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: About Tomiko Van in Japan
Do As Infinity Forum > Headquarters > Van Tomiko
andyronygodai
I was stay in Tokyo for 10 days and I can't found a Tomiko Van's CD...
I has ask in many Starbucks or HMV but there don't know who was Tomiko. It's possible? I have buyed many cd of Do As Infinity but Tomiko Van it's impossible to found her.

Andy.
Stovila
Instead of starbuck, why not asking the person in CD store? o_O;
What is HMV anyway?

But damn... you're in tokyo? T_T
How's that city goes? I hope you could meet her on street ... magically.
virilevocalist
HMV is another music store much like Tower Records.

People may be confused by pronuciation and stressing the wrong syllable.

I've heard people call her (toh-MEE-koh), really stretching out the name, instead of a short, compressed (tohmeekoh). And of course the "Ban" instead of "Van".
shidosan
QUOTE(virilevocalist @ May 2 2007, 10:13 AM) *

HMV is another music store much like Tower Records.

People may be confused by pronuciation and stressing the wrong syllable.

I've heard people call her (toh-MEE-koh), really stretching out the name, instead of a short, compressed (tohmeekoh). And of course the "Ban" instead of "Van".

Yea, pronounciation really is key. Also, make sure you're saying "Ban Tomiko", not "Tomiko Ban", as Japanese expect the surname first.
avan_piper
u can try mentioning Do As Infinity too just for referance, but anyway, r u still in Tokyo anyway?

Try some other CD stores then...i'm sure they have her album.
jabig
QUOTE(andyronygodai @ May 2 2007, 04:21 PM) *

I was stay in Tokyo for 10 days and I can't found a Tomiko Van's CD...
I has ask in many Starbucks or HMV but there don't know who was Tomiko. It's possible? I have buyed many cd of Do As Infinity but Tomiko Van it's impossible to found her.

Andy.

Um.. I recommend you to go back to any HMV, Tower Record or any local cd store, go to where Do As Infinity are, Ban-chan's cd are there too. I can assure you that Ban-chan'cd are stay next to DAI cd in every cd store, if they have DAI they have Ban-chan too. ( In megastore like HMV, you can take them all..2 of Farewell,2 of Voice,2 of Flower,2 of senkou,2 of yumeiji ) wink.gif
Effendi
try to go to HMV Ikebukuro then
i remembers that HMV had lots of stuff of do as infinity and tomiko van
i can even find the X Japan last live..
Chie
I asked my best friend Ayumi from Japan about Banchan, but she didn't even know her... TT_TT
Rei13
my dad went to Taiwan and he said he asked about Do As Infinity but the store manager has never heard of them.

I was like: wtf. DAI was big in taiwan.. im not too sure if it still is, but you gotta know them T___T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.