Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Third-person shooter/action games
Do As Infinity Forum > Downtown > Anime & Game Center
GaryDAI
Are there any good third-person shooter/action games for Playstation 2? I just got mines modded smile.gif

I can't play first-person though, because I get dizzy and feel like puking laugh.gif
HeartlessCloud
Of course there are!

Resident Evil 4 is definitely one of the best games on the PS2, IMO. It's creepy; has great graphics; tight, tense gameplay; and it's overall just one of the more intense action games out there. Don't worry if you've never played another Resident Evil game before-it doesn't matter, you'll be able to enjoy this one.

Another one of my top picks is Devil May Cry. I just popped it in today for the first time in months, and it's as incredibly fun as I remember it. The lead character in it is a badass, and the gameplay is great (gunplay-meets-swordplay).

You could try God of War, too. It's insanely violent and very challenging, but it has one of the best battle systems out there. It's kind of like Devil May Cry in that you can easily link just about all of your attacks together, and the battle system is combo-based.

Viewtiful Joe is really fun. It's set up like a 2D side-scrolling action game, but it has a lot of cool powers you can fool around with to get through the game. And it drips with style. Very cool game-plus, when you beat it, there's a music video for it with Ryo on guitars. rolling.gif

I also have to recommend Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, even if it's not really an all-out action game. It's a prequel to the first game, and the gameplay is really, really sharp; plus, the story makes sense on it's own, so you don't have to worry about having played the other 2 games. Pick up Subsistence instead of Snake Eater, as it has all the bonus features and the fixed up camera system. It's worth noting that this isn't really a straight-up action game (it's more action/adventure), but it does have a lot of action in it.

There are a ton more, so if you don't like (or aren't interested in) any of these, I can recommend some others. smile.gif
GaryDAI
Thanks I'll try RE4 happy.gif That game looks fun.

Viewtiful Joe looks so weird though! I might try it out laugh.gif
x_shinigami_x
QUOTE(HeartlessCloud @ Feb 19 2007, 04:33 AM) *

Of course there are!

Resident Evil 4 is definitely one of the best games on the PS2, IMO. It's creepy; has great graphics; tight, tense gameplay; and it's overall just one of the more intense action games out there. Don't worry if you've never played another Resident Evil game before-it doesn't matter, you'll be able to enjoy this one.

Another one of my top picks is Devil May Cry. I just popped it in today for the first time in months, and it's as incredibly fun as I remember it. The lead character in it is a badass, and the gameplay is great (gunplay-meets-swordplay).

You could try God of War, too. It's insanely violent and very challenging, but it has one of the best battle systems out there. It's kind of like Devil May Cry in that you can easily link just about all of your attacks together, and the battle system is combo-based.

Viewtiful Joe is really fun. It's set up like a 2D side-scrolling action game, but it has a lot of cool powers you can fool around with to get through the game. And it drips with style. Very cool game-plus, when you beat it, there's a music video for it with Ryo on guitars. rolling.gif

I also have to recommend Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, even if it's not really an all-out action game. It's a prequel to the first game, and the gameplay is really, really sharp; plus, the story makes sense on it's own, so you don't have to worry about having played the other 2 games. Pick up Subsistence instead of Snake Eater, as it has all the bonus features and the fixed up camera system. It's worth noting that this isn't really a straight-up action game (it's more action/adventure), but it does have a lot of action in it.

There are a ton more, so if you don't like (or aren't interested in) any of these, I can recommend some others. smile.gif

You can play any of the MGS' as a shooter.. lol you'd probably get an elephant rating for your stealth. It's a lot more fun sneaking up on someone and breaking their necks. DMC and God of War are really quite good, I think more action than RE series because there are lotsa periods where you're just walking around in the dark.. walking slowly because running into a room of zombies is quite scary when you have limited amo.

Have you played Dirge of Cerberus? I heard it's DMC but with Vincent Valentine and the rest of the FF7 cast, FF fanboy ^^; If you're into FF action maybe try FFX-2

Personally I'm a fan of BloodRayne series despite what some people think of it. A hot Nazi killing dhampir is ok in my books haha (thing for vampire chicks in leather?)

If you're into anime stuff, Gungrave is definitely one to look at.. some awesome cell-shaded action. This dude carries a coffin sized arsenal of weapons.. doesn't get much cooler than that.

I've also heard good things about Spartan: Total Warrior despite that being also quite dated.
Harmo
Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit I have it on PC and it's pretty awesome even though I'm only like 4% into the game haha.

GTA series?
GaryDAI
Devil May Cry 3 looks hard. I look forward to getting my ass kicked laugh.gif

I've never tried GTA..... Which one is good. There's so many out there
virilevocalist
well, all of the GTA games are fun, but I liked San Andreas a lot, just because I played that one more than the others.
HeartlessCloud
I like GTA: Vice City the best...it has my favorite theme of them all (80s!), and it's size makes it less intimidating that San Andreas but more expansive than 3...but any of them are fine, you can't go wrong.

The funny thing in the DMC series is that it has no Easy difficulty option...but if it sees you getting your butt kicked, then it allows you to choose to tone down the difficulty. rolling.gif Devil May Cry 3 has some seriously insane moves to pull off (surfing on enemies' backs, for one). You can get DMC and DMC 3 in a trilogy package for about $30, and you can use the second game as a coaster. tongue.gif

QUOTE(x_shinigami_x @ Feb 20 2007, 06:06 AM) *

You can play any of the MGS' as a shooter.. lol you'd probably get an elephant rating for your stealth. It's a lot more fun sneaking up on someone and breaking their necks. DMC and God of War are really quite good, I think more action than RE series because there are lotsa periods where you're just walking around in the dark.. walking slowly because running into a room of zombies is quite scary when you have limited amo.

True enough, but MGS is hard if you just go shooting through it. tongue.gif RE4 isn't like the old REs in that you're fighting a lot more often, and you're not fighting those slow-ass zombies (it's more action-horror than survival-horror). XD Ammo abound, too.

Have you played Dirge of Cerberus? I heard it's DMC but with Vincent Valentine and the rest of the FF7 cast, FF fanboy ^^; If you're into FF action maybe try FFX-2

Yeah, I've played it...I dunno, as appealing as it was to play as Vincent, it's pretty much Devil May Cry gone retarded. I can't personally recommend it. dunno.gif The story isn't as interesting as you'd hope for a character like Vincent to get, either.

Personally I'm a fan of BloodRayne series despite what some people think of it. A hot Nazi killing dhampir is ok in my books haha (thing for vampire chicks in leather?)

I wasn't a fan of the first game, but the second one is a blast! I like that it has more melee options, and using the chain to throw enemies around and impale them is teh win. laugh.gif Rayne herself is pretty naughty.gif.
clementine_dream
QUOTE(Asudef @ Feb 20 2007, 11:18 AM) *

Indigo Prophecy/Farenheit I have it on PC and it's pretty awesome even though I'm only like 4% into the game haha.

Gahhhh i still need to get that.

And i was just about to recommend Killzone. sad.gif It's a shame you can't play FPS. Cos Killzone freaking ROXORZ.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.