Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Play Homebrew And Backup Nintendo Gba/ds Via Supercard!
Do As Infinity Forum > Downtown > Anime & Game Center
DAIs Apprentice
Flash based re-writable cartridges breathe new life into portable gaming!

I have purchased a supercard (sd version) for two weeks now at it worksu uber gureto!

I have old cartridges like Golden sun 1 & 2 and a bunch of pokemon games, but the thing is, after 1 year or so, these cartridges will run out of battery, thus cannot afford to save your games anymore (mine doesn't save anymore T_T) sad.gif

so now there is supercard! it's a flash memory-based cartridge with a slot for a memory card (CF, SD, MINI SD, etc.) and whatever roms u have there WILL be the games you play as shown in the startup menu here...
IPB Image

select a game and voilaa! You can save/load your game in real time (just like in emulator games) and backup your save games to your computer. Never loose any game data ever.
IPB Image

it has a media player too, which allows you to view other media (requires firmware update provided by support site) ...
IPB Image

like text files...
IPB Image

movie files (oohh morgann webbbb drool.gif )...
IPB Image

what you will need:
a Nintendo GBA/SP/MICRO/DS/DS-Lite
IPB Image

A supercard with a memory card and slot of your choice (SD, Mini-SD, CF, etc.)
IPB Image

any media card reader (software is free)

I am uber happy with de product. There a lot of other brands tho i find this is the cheapest. Happy commuting! cool.gif
touff-ray
Pretty cool huh ? ^^
I have ordered the same thing (not exactly the same but oh well...) for Nintendo DS a few days ago, waiting for it to be delivered.
But I haven't my NDS yet (out of stock blink.gif ) rolling.gif
DAIs Apprentice
QUOTE(touff-ray @ Jan 5 2007, 07:51 PM) *

Pretty cool huh ? ^^
I have ordered the same thing (not exactly the same but oh well...) for Nintendo DS a few days ago, waiting for it to be delivered.
But I haven't my NDS yet (out of stock blink.gif ) rolling.gif

yes super cooooooool! damn i've worked hard for my golden sun character before and now i can save it hehehehehe! and go on to golden sun 2!

there's a bunch on NDS out here hehehe. NDS is great! Lots of good games and crazy ones that's highly addictive!

btw on NDS i think u can play GBA and SNES and NES roms tooo!
touff-ray
Golden Sun ! The game I loved, along with Advance Wars and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. But Golden Sun 2 was kinda disappointing to me, can't explain why though.

You can play GBA games for sure, but I don't know anything for SNES and NES roms dunno.gif

*I want my NDS Lite !!!*
inuchan
@Apprentice

honey I swear you gonna have me fall in love with Gameboy hehe.... bunyay.gif
Soul Reaver
There's a group working on a DS card that's actually just the size of an SD card too. So no need having to use the GBA slot for DS homebrew and backups. Gonna look into it when they release it.
touff-ray
DS-Extreme, R4DS, M3 Simply, Supercard DS One, all of those have already been released wink.gif
(and I am forgetting some others)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.