Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nintendo Wii
Do As Infinity Forum > Downtown > Anime & Game Center
Hockeyfan
Is anyone here interested in the Nintendo Wii? Personally I was disappointed with the Nintendo 64's lack of RPGs, then again disappointed in the GameCube for the same reason (amongst many others) after a promised increase in RPG titles never came.

I have been disappointed in Majora's Mask and the Wind Waker, so I haven't looked forward to the latest title. The new Smash Bros. game looks enjoyable, but not enough to shell out for a Wii.

I'll stick with my Xbox 360 for now, and possibly a PS3 later when the price isn't so insane (and I'm not a jobless hobo).
Dinaluban61
Right now, I'm not hardly interested in Wii, or any of the next gen consoles for that matter. I heard though that the Zelda for the Wii is somewhat classified as very RPGish. I'm thinking Wii will be hyped up for a little while then go back into the shadows, unless they come out with killer apps.
inuchan
hmmm not I..

i don't see myself playing antics in my lounge, while playing...

^^
clementine_dream
I learnt that there was a midnight launch but only at a 24hr supermarket (half hr drive). So i thought i'd try and get lucky in the morning, and after visiting about 6-7 shops, it seems that the only consoles they do have instock are all pre-orders. There's still a 1-hr window on amazon.uk for a very limited number of consoles... i'm gonna go for it. I soooo need it.
Keiichi
That is the question. If for I had the money, I would get multiple next gen consoles. And while the Wii looks like loads of fun, I think in the end, PS3 will reign in my book. I mean, I like what Nintendo is trying to do, which is suck in the non-gamer. That is such a cool idea having a controller such as the nunchuck.

There are a few games I already want for the PS3, so that's why I'm going to save up money and get it. Then I'll see what to do. Should I get an Xbox360 too or Wii?

It's close. But since the Wii is great for when friends come over, I might get that. Not to take anything away from the 360, heck I own an xbox and never thought to get a gamecube.

Wii Sports, Super Monkey Ball, Zelda amongst others (and Nintendo's Virtual Console) have alot of promise. If only there were online games for the Wii. But come early 2007, I think they will quench the thirst of those online gamers who invested $250 on this system. :wiggle:
EienDAIfan5d9
I have it. It's amazingly fun.

Wii Sports (comes with the system) is so stupidly fun. I mean the games are so simple yet really interactive and fun. Tennis is immersive and it gets really hard the higher your rank goes. Bowling is...easy. It's almost impossible for you not to bowl a 300 game. Golf is okay, but hard and fun at the same time. Baseball is probably the best. All of your Miis you make can be used in Baseball. It's fun seeing your little Miis playing. Once again easy to understand but so much fun, too. Last is boxing, and let me tell you it is amazing. Out of all five games this is the only one that uses the Nunchuck extension and it is way cool. Doing all the combos and blocking/dodging/jabbing/punching/undercuts...The list goes on. It's pretty neat.

Zelda. What not to say about this game? The only real bad thing about it is the music. Most Zelda games have incredible music that keeps a tune in my head, but with this game I was disappointed there wasn't a good song. Anyway, the controller is...undescribable. The feeling you get when you stab an enemy in the heart with your sword is...pleasurable. The feeling you get when you shake the Nunchuck and you do a spin attack is awe-struck. People think the control scheme gets "tiresome" and "repetitive." It doesn't, in all honesty. The controls get better and better. The graphics are good (considering the graphics were meant to be GameCube), interaction is unbelieveable, storyline is immersive, what isn't good about this game?

Sorry for that, I just love the Wii. I know I sound like a Nintendo Fanboy, but I think it is the best next-gen. If you can get it, I would. It's only going to get better and from what I've played, I don't see how it could.
Van-Kai!!
Waiting for a price drop on Wii's here in the Phiippines..(but as far as i know that will materialized after stocks availability of the wii's has been stabilized worldwide, just like the Nintendo DS) -it took me 2 years after its release, to finally experience its TOUCH GENERATION wink.gif..Well I can still play my Gamecube, and enjoy my DS for the mean time..Again missed opportunity for NINTENDO..must speed up their production or else.. wink.gif
Dinaluban61
I was thinking of getting a Wii, with my friends constantly pushing me to get one. But then i just said screw it and don't even bother with it. I tried it out like once at my friends house. It was fun, but i couldn't see myself playing it for extended periods of time. I believe it's only fun if you constantly have friends over who are willing to play such a system. Wii is fun I'd say, but not that fun. It's not the type of system that engrosses people I think. I have a DS as well, and I'm having tons of fun still. Also, Wii seems like it'll have a dry season for games with Mario and Metroid coming out around April.
Hockeyfan
QUOTE(Dinaluban61 @ Jan 30 2007, 12:12 PM) *

I was thinking of getting a Wii, with my friends constantly pushing me to get one. But then i just said screw it and don't even bother with it. I tried it out like once at my friends house. It was fun, but i couldn't see myself playing it for extended periods of time. I believe it's only fun if you constantly have friends over who are willing to play such a system. Wii is fun I'd say, but not that fun. It's not the type of system that engrosses people I think. I have a DS as well, and I'm having tons of fun still. Also, Wii seems like it'll have a dry season for games with Mario and Metroid coming out around April.

Thats a problem I believe the GameCube suffered as well, dry seasons between the big franchise titles. I wouldn't mind playing the system, I just don't think its worth the money to buy.
InfinityFX
So far i've only played Wii Sports, its fun at the start (cos of the novelty i guess) but aftr a while i got bored of it...probably too 'kiddy' for my liking in sports games
clementine_dream
I just got given some birthday money to go towards one of these things. Now if only i could actually get my hands on one...
Daish
lol, good luck, there's like 4 people that i know that still want the wii!

and yeah wii sports does get boring after a while but its still a heck of a party game once in a while.

and what you mean its too kiddy for a sports game? aren't all sports game "kiddie"? or you mean the Super Deformed parts of it?
davus0
I thought the PS3 had this round of console wars in the bag, but perhaps not. Anyway everyone says the Wii is tops, for what it is. It's nice for Nintendo after N64 and Gamecube. Reportedly Nintendo is actually making big big profits whereas Sony is selling consoles at a loss and hoping to leapfrog with game sales. I would get a Wii but it's my last semester in college and if I had one I would never take the time to job-hunt ever.
HeartlessCloud
My brother got it about a week and a half ago, and I finally got to get some good playtime with the system this weekend. Wii Sports is fun, but it's not as infinitely replayable as critic's have cracked it up to be, in my opinion. Either way, I do think it's a very solid game (games?), and it'll be fun to play against other people when my brother gets another remote.

I also played Twilight Princess and that game is really good. The Wii controls for it are very well done, and keep it fun without requiring too much from the player. It's really fun! I liked Wind Waker, but I stopped playing it once the sailing just got annoying (I started the game over again at one point, and stopped at the same place). It was a good game, but not refined enough. Twilight Princess seems a lot more refined so far, and within the first few hours, you'll do a lot of fun things, from herding on horseback, to sneaking around the village at night.

The big issue is making sure we actually get games out of Nintendo this generation. What's come out for the Wii has been good, and it's come at a steady rate-now Nintendo is gonna have to keep the flow of titles coming. Metroid Prime 3 and [I believe] Mario Galaxies have already been delayed, which smells of yesteryear Nintendo already. dry.gif

Ah well, it's really vertigo-inducing to see Nintendo on top again! O_o" Sony's gonna have to get crackin'.
Van-Kai!!
Okay I've decided to buy XBOX360 this year..(..Darn can’t play Gears of War on the Wii rocket.gif tongue.gif ) but my first priority of course would be Nintendo’s new baby wub.gif ..still itching to play Zelda:Twilight Princess / Super Mario Galaxy / Animal Crossing Wii / Super Smash Bros Brawl..and my favorite Battalion Wars Wii (mostly developed by Nintendo still lacking major support from 3rd party devs..but its okay exclusivity of this games is okay for me biggthumpup.gif ) .. As of now signs of stocks on stores are surfacing but prices are doubled equivalent to 500$ .. so Summer is my target date of acquiring it..by that time my budget permits to buy it..and it will be the best time for me to play games.. cool.gif
HeartlessCloud
$500 bucks for a Wii? Sounds like a serious rip-off.
clementine_dream
Well the retail price for Wii in UK was always £190 (about $370), but you'd probably still be expected to pay around £250 ($490) just for the console. So yea, they can still rip you off. Best to order from a store with a games package.
HeartlessCloud
Ah, I forgot it's higher priced in the UK.
clementine_dream
That's probably why most the time i order US ver. dvds... plus they usually come with alot more bonus material than the craptastic UK ver. we get here. My neighbor is actually waiting until he goes to Canada to buy a PS3. Cos he can get it cheaper.
Van-Kai!!
QUOTE(HeartlessCloud @ Feb 6 2007, 10:13 PM) *

$500 bucks for a Wii? Sounds like a serious rip-off.

Yes. I recall last December it’s “Retail Price” here in the Philippines was 35,000 pesos = roughly 700$ and the PS3 was 75,000 pesos = 1500 $ on major stores like Toy Kingdom. Right now the standard package on some stores are 22,000 pesos still on the 500$ mark. I think it’s because of the shipping and the custom taxes that the stores would have to “pay” for their stocks. But still it’s impractical yet the early adopters here of the unit bite it rolling.gif . The best way I think to acquire it is to buy it directly from the US, through your relatives who lives there or friends who will have a chance to visit the states.
x_shinigami_x
does anyone know about the region restrictions? i heard something about a PAL-i and PAL-u? haha no idea.. but yeah, as for wanting a wii.. you have to watch this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R6GPiuZwTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xucg0sqwmqc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.