Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Van Tomiko cover album - Spring 2007!!
Do As Infinity Forum > Headquarters > Van Tomiko
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Miyaguchi
Anna has written about it, but is important that post it in the new topic.

Van Tomiko cover album - Spring 2007!!

初のカヴァーアルバム発売決定!!(来春予定)

ソロ・デビュー後、歌手活動に留まらず、映画やミュージカルに初挑戦するなど1人の<表現者>として、多彩な表情を見せてくれる中、来春カヴァーアルバムをリリースします。
多数ある過去の名曲の中から、自ら想い入れのある曲をセレクト。
男性女性、邦楽洋楽問わず選ばれた楽曲に、伴 都美子の声と新しいアレンジによってより魅力が増す作品です。
※オリジナルシングル「Flower」、「閃光」、「夢路」は今作には収録されません。

詳細は決定次第、随時このオフィシャルサイトにて更新致します。

I am not good at Japanese so please correct my mistakes. The news is about:

Now, Van Tomiko will be releasing a new solo album! The album will be a cover album of Japanese and English songs, from male and female artists alike. The album is announced to be a Spring 2007 release.

! Do note that this is not and original album, and her three singles will not be included in this album. !

Cover Album

Voice ~cover you with love~

- 2007.3.28 RELEASE

CD+DVD
AVCD-23227/B
3,800円 (tax in)

CD Only
AVCD-23228
3,059円 (tax in)

Tracklist :

01 HOME (川村結花) (Kawamura Yuka)
02 夜に傷ついて (yoru ni kizutsuite) (アンルイス) (Ann Lewis)
03 彼女 (kanojo) (Motoharu Sano)
04 コーヒー・ルンバ (Coffee rumba) (井上陽水) (Inoue Yosui)
05 優しい雨 (yasashii ame) (小泉今日子) (Koizumi Kyoko)
06 はじまりはいつも雨 (hajimari wa itsumo ame) (ASKA)
07 少女 (shoujo) (五輪真弓) (Itsuwa Mayumi)
08 見上げてごらん夜の星を (miagete goran yoru no hoshi o) (Sakamoto Kyuu) (坂本九)
09 TRUTH’94 (TRF)
10 IF (BREAD)
11 切手のないおくりもの (kitte no naio kuri mono) (財津和夫) (Zaitsu Kazuo)
bonus track
12 夢路 (Yumeji) -acoustic version-

DVD Tracklist:
夜に傷ついて (yoru ni kizutsuite) (アンルイス) (Ann Lewis) MUSIC CLIP

source: http://www.avexnet.or.jp/van
ainouta
yay!! maybe she will do covers of english artists she likes?? like fat boy slim (lol yea and i can prove it) and sixpence non the richer
Pab
She have to do a The Coors cover. :bunspark:
ANNA
QUOTE(Pab)
She have to do a The Corrs cover. :bunspark:

I hope so!!! :bunlove:

and sixpence none the richer, too! :bunspark:
TheSirAuron
it will be interesting to see but that just means its further away for the original album
Chie
oooh yeah please the corrs and sixpence!!

d'you think her 3 singles will be included in her next original album at all?
virilevocalist
I'm interested in hearing this before I hear her second album, just because she's already put out a good amount of her own material. It's a little overwhelming.

I'd like to see who she covers.
totosquirt
if she was studying english behind our backs and comes out with a great english accent.....

ohmy.gif :bunlove:
*TangerineRaven*
Sugoi nee! *_*

She HAS to do a Sixpence cover!!! YES AND THE CORRS TOO!!!

YAY FOR BAN-CHAN!
~punkstar~
well her english accent isn't all that bad you must admit... but i do wish her luck on this album.... even though i am quite sadened by the fact that she isn't coming out with an original album... T^T

Maybe she should try for the Shivaree cover.... kawaii! >.<

"Goodnight Moon" anyone?
green
um...er... :eeek: :?:

i don't know what to make of this.

i'm glad it's a new release by Ban-chan, and i know cover albums can be great (W's [Duo U&U] XD), but...i don't know.

i think that really Ban-chan going solo is for her to experience new things. she doesn't seem to be worrying over whether she will sell or not.

i'd be really surprised and happy if this album reaches the #1 spot. but i kind of doubt it.

i guess i'm gonna buy [yumeji] when i go to Taiwan next month.

but are [senkou], [Flower], and [yumeji] going to be on ANY album? :?:

Ban-chan's English accent is not really good, but i've noticed that when she does cover previously-sung English songs, she has great pronunciation. it's most likely due to the fact that it's easier to mimic a language in a song than to completely learn that same language. you know what i mean? ^^;
OK! Ihay~!
I want another beatles cover @O@
Chie
@green:
I know exactly! Summer Days was really bad... if I may say that. the record was okay, but live... :eeek:

am I remembering rightly that there was an album by Banchan announced for WINTER? maybe she'll release 2? O_O;; or they changed the release date. but it'd be quite plausible if she released an original album in february or so and then in April maybe the cover album. quite an amount of work, though.
Infiniation
QUOTE(OK! Ihay~!)
I want another beatles cover @O@

Me too @_@ Paperback Writer! :foxhi: xD

Well, I'm half and half. I think it's great that she's doing covers for both English and Japanese, but then there's the downside for an actual new album, if you know what I mean. xD

But anyways, yey~ for Ban-chan!! I know she'll do great. biggrin.gif
doasan
I'd like she could sing the song which the coors sang with alejandro sanz just because it's in spanish...XD I'm afraid i want more than i can expect!^^'
Stovila
i want ban chan singing utada's bokuwa kuma kuma kuma..... T__T

and for english, i want her singing michael buble's Quando quando quando and Home.....

xD
Chie
oh I like Michael Bublé biggrin.gif I like his cover of "let it snow"!
but since christmas will just over at the time her album releases, Banchan certainly won't cover a christmas song... >______<
tomikolover
Sweet!!! Can't wait to see who she covers.
HeartlessCloud
Hopefully it's good! I think she'll be alright on it, so I'm not gonna worry too much about her. avex is really letting her find her way as an artist, it seems, which is great news. It'll be interesting to see her refining her style as time goes on and she's done more things.

QUOTE(green)
but are [senkou], [Flower], and [yumeji] going to be on ANY album?  :?:

QUOTE(Chie)
d'you think her 3 singles will be included in her next original album at all?

I really wouldn't worry...the company knows that hit singles sell albums, it'd be silly not to include her latest singles on an album. My guess is that she'll release one more single early in 2007, the cover album, then her 2nd studio album sometime after that. avex likes releasing artists' things relatively quickly, it seems.
virilevocalist
I want her to pull an Angela Gossow.

And I don't care if no one else likes it. It would be Awesome and Amazing and other good words that start with "A".
jabig
Maybe she will do Do As Infinity cover :foxeek:
HeartlessCloud
That'd be a trip in and of itself...
ashitakka
QUOTE(jabig)
Maybe she will do Do As Infinity cover :foxeek:

a "cover" is when you play songs of another people...but cover one song you make....its a little stupid ... ^^U
i dont thinks she play song of DoAs
virilevocalist
jabig was probably just joking, man! :rolling:
ANNA
The cover album will be realised in MARCH!!! ^__^
avan_piper
seems like she's going full swing huh? hope her english is better haha...but yea! march!
Chie
MARCH!!! :bunlove:

and, just a question... has misono something to do with Banchan?? look at wikipedia! http://wiki.theppn.org/misono
her first studio album is going to be released the same day as her COVER ALBUM. :eeek: and banchan's solo album was released the same day as misono's first single. eeeek!!! does this mean Banchan's original album will be released soon, too?
HeartlessCloud
I don't think they have much to do with each other. My guess is that their releases were just set up for the same days, twice. happy.gif
Chie
but that'S so similar! I could believe this is a little joke... I mean, misono doing a cover album, too...!
Stovila
march...

not much time left...

hurry up.. hurry up @_@

@chie
maybe ban and misono were chalenged by avex
which one is more popular, knowing by how many copy they sold in their release date.

*runs*
kamuinosekai
Let's all hope she does a l'arc~en~ciel cover~ happy.gif Anemone, or one of the slow songs from "awake", but i can only imagine her voice in "perfect blue".
Chie
to be honest, I'm looking forward to this more than for an original album...
I really wanna know whom she'll cover! English songs? pleaase, Banchan let's hear how much you've improved since Break Of Dawn! (haha) A Wish Is A Dream Your Heart Makes was pretty good, though.
totosquirt
what if she does a cover for a song that DAI composed? like maybe a cover of AYU tongue.gif

let's hear her sing "SEASONS" tongue.gif
*TangerineRaven*
QUOTE(totosquirt @ Jan 5 2007, 08:21 AM) *

what if she does a cover for a song that DAI composed? like maybe a cover of AYU tongue.gif

let's hear her sing "SEASONS" tongue.gif

She wouldn't sink that low foxblah.gif
Chie
don't insult Ayu please sad.gif
*TangerineRaven*
Sorry..I was kidding! I have respect for Ayu. I have loads more respect for her than Koda Kumi.
Stovila
she better hurry release official information about her upcoming albums.

this topic getting dried and drier... >(

can't wait to ARGH *stroke*
tomikolover
Hey now. Koda Kumi is my girl..and Ayu too..
mmm ban-chan is the best though.. wavey.gif
Chie
^tehehe dito. biggrin.gif

but back to topic... is there any information for an original album yet? Maybe it's a surprise! haha.
well, I hope there'll be more info soon. if not... I can't garantuee for anything.
totosquirt
it would be easier to use other avex artists as covers because they are under the same recording industry.

i want banchan to sing "I'll be there" by Koda Kumi rolleyes.gif for some reason, that gives me a "DEEP FOREST" feel smile.gif
Chie
Nakanomori band do covers of Americans, too. with Japanese lyrics, though.
I think it'd be good for Banchan to cover English songs, because Japanese voices are maybe to high, banchan with her alt voice would be a bit lost.
*TangerineRaven*
QUOTE(Chie @ Jan 7 2007, 09:59 AM) *

Nakanomori band do covers of Americans, too. with Japanese lyrics, though.
I think it'd be good for Banchan to cover English songs, because Japanese voices are maybe to high, banchan with her alt voice would be a bit lost.

I agree. I have a feeling she'll be doing a few English covers anyways. I mean, she's a big fan of Sixpence None the Richer.. I hope she covers "Kiss Me"!! Maybe she'll do the English and Japanese versions (because they did a Japanese version of it).

Me is excittttedddd! I love cover albums.. Puffy's "The Hit Parade" is zAWESOME *_*
virilevocalist
ohmy.gif What if she covers Diamanda Galas? blink.gif

That would be a trip... Banchan doing opera. biggrin.gif
Chie
lol...
opera? never! biggrin.gif
davus0
My bet is she covers older J pop. Mr Children, TRF (she already did that), I hope Spitz and Zard; maybe even X, just because they're famous (not really pop). She could even do older 70s stuff since she has before and she seems to like that more than pop-rock or hip-pop...
*TangerineRaven*
QUOTE(davus0 @ Jan 9 2007, 02:46 PM) *

My bet is she covers older J pop. Mr Children, TRF (she already did that), I hope Spitz and Zard; maybe even X, just because they're famous (not really pop). She could even do older 70s stuff since she has before and she seems to like that more than pop-rock or hip-pop...

Spitz!! Yeahhh!!
banchan
news about the cover album =)

Release Date: 2007.3.28
two versions CD ONLY/CD+DVD (1 music clip in DVD)

http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCD-23227
avan_piper
a Video??? wow..so she/s gonna make a video for one of the covers? cool!
ainouta
QUOTE(banchan @ Jan 10 2007, 11:43 AM) *

news about the cover album =)

Release Date: 2007.3.28
two versions CD ONLY/CD+DVD (1 music clip in DVD)

http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCD-23227

OMg wow!! i wonder what the music clip would be??!! i hope its a cover song also! wavey.gif
totosquirt
released on the same day as the last album, right? dunno.gif or was it the 29th last year?

anyways, awesome! i wonder what that music clip will be...

opera? old j-pop? combine the both and you get ENKA! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.