Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Farewell piano rendition
Do As Infinity Forum > Headquarters > Van Tomiko
EL-g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El2RTHddShY

This guy is from france i guess...........he deserves some compliments because this was just beautiful..........i wish i played piano T_T
Tangerine Dreamer
And he linked to the sheet music! I'm so going to learn this.
I saw a post by UF post on the sheet music thread there, too. :wink:
EL-g
QUOTE(Tangerine Dreamer)
And he linked to the sheet music! I'm so going to learn this.
I saw a post by UF post on the sheet music thread there, too. :wink:

is the music sheet available? what is the link?
shidosan
Man, that guy must be good to have arranged that himself. Looks pretty hard to play. Well, for me anyway.
EL-g
QUOTE(shidosan)
Man, that guy must be good to have arranged that himself.  Looks pretty hard to play.  Well, for me anyway.

Actually people kinda missunderstand this arrangments. Its actually pretty easy to make some thing like this. To play may be harder........but making an arrangment where you dont make any creations on top of it is just repeating as many notes of as many instruments from the original song you can do in your instrument. Any one who can at least read a music sheet can do that smile.gif

That is why the real good musicians make a lot of variations and improvisations on top of the original. They just get a few lines from the original and recreate everything. And that is hard. If you have Kennichi mitsuda plays utada hikaru melody and Kenny james trio playing utada hikaru u can know what im talking about. Kennichi mitsuda just copied the notes from the original song in the piano, meanwhile the kenny james trio makes some badass new arrangments which in some parts you can actually think its a totaly dif song.................and that is hard..............

i hope this clarifies a bit
Shigure
O.O That's really impressive! My mom plays piano, but she doesn't have much time to practice nowadays, I would like to listen to her playing like that once again. i.i

Anyway, thanks El-q for the link! wink.gif
Tangerine Dreamer
I'm too lazy to wander through the page to find it again, so I'll just upload the pdf:

Farewell

As far as the arrangement, yeah, the music itself is pretty simple. My problem is that I suck at transcribing by ear -- melodies I can do no problem, but chords get me. I haven't done music theory since I was probably 10, so it's all kind of lost.
EL-g
QUOTE(Tangerine Dreamer)
I'm too lazy to wander through the page to find it again, so I'll just upload the pdf:

Farewell

As far as the arrangement, yeah, the music itself is pretty simple. My problem is that I suck at transcribing by ear -- melodies I can do no problem, but chords get me. I haven't done music theory since I was probably 10, so it's all kind of lost.

@tangerine dreamer Thanks for the pdf smile.gif

YEs this is another point where it can get a bit hard. Tabbing the songs to make such a arrangmente you would need at least to get the harmony line plus the melody one..........................and this takes some time and dedication.................
soda_o_rat
Hi,

I'm the player from the video himself wink.gif
I just wandered there and I'm glad that this video came in this forum ^^

Just to say that making arrangements can be something very hard for someone who never did that. Transcribing requires skill in playing (to be at ease) and knowledge/feeling towards harmony.

However this is a knowledge I have acquired for about 13 years continously with passion for music, so for those who want to arrange by ear, I say don't be discouraged and continue with your passion for music smile.gif

This thing motivates me to make other videos!
SilverAutomatic
I was just going to say too. "Hmm... I reconize this user name from the forum..." lolinternet

Great work, that is some excelent playing!
EL-g
QUOTE(soda_o_rat)
Hi,

I'm the player from the video himself wink.gif
I just wandered there and I'm glad that this video came in this forum ^^

Just to say that making arrangements can be something very hard for someone who never did that. Transcribing requires skill in playing (to be at ease) and knowledge/feeling towards harmony.

However this is a knowledge I have acquired for about 13 years continously with passion for music, so for those who want to arrange by ear, I say don't be discouraged and continue with your passion for music smile.gif

This thing motivates me to make other videos!

hey man............cool to see ou around..........the rendition was absolutely beatiful

keep up the good work

here are my do as infinity renditions. I make a few of my own too biggrin.gif
soda_o_rat
Yeah, your guitar arrangements are nice, especially the jazzy rhythm in Yesterday & Today wink.gif

However, it's sometimes difficult to feel the tempo line, but maybe you did it on purpose^^
EL-g
QUOTE(soda_o_rat)
Yeah, your guitar arrangements are nice, especially the jazzy rhythm in Yesterday & Today wink.gif

However, it's sometimes difficult to feel the tempo line, but maybe you did it on purpose^^

oh yeah ^^...especially on desire i changed the tempo to sound like Baden Powell live in switzerland, Retrato Brasileiro. I like to change a few things from the original Improvise a bit, change a few things here and there, change the tempo add jazz and bossa to it. You seem to be more classic and kennichi mistuda like, and you try to stay focused on the original struckture not making any changes at all. Its just a dif perspective on the same idea. Still very good. keep up the good work cuz you are on the way. You are good and dedicated so this is the best combination for a musician............Rock on dude
soda_o_rat
Yes, I'm more like I prefer to be near the original song, near the original feeling, since ordinary ppl will recognize better the song.

By the way, I've made mp3 of me playing DAI songs before,
[url=http://sodaorat2.free.fr/public/index.php5?action=ListAudios&category=ARRANGEMENT] here
[/url]

I hope to hear your remarks ^^
Most of them are arrangements made "on the spot", it means I didn't prepare them before recording... so there may be some mistakes (for example in the Yesterday & Today one, in the solo part, I suxx, but I was so lazy to remake another recording..)
EL-g
QUOTE(soda_o_rat)
Yes, I'm more like I prefer to be near the original song, near the original feeling, since ordinary ppl will recognize better the song.

By the way, I've made mp3 of me playing DAI songs before,  
here

I hope to hear your remarks ^^
Most of them are arrangements made "on the spot", it means I didn't prepare them before recording... so there may be some mistakes (for example in the Yesterday & Today one, in the solo part, I suxx, but I was so lazy to remake another recording..)

Cool. Im gonna check that. Listening to Y&T. Your piano playing is great. Very smooth. And yeah you always try to stay near the original. But still pretty. The recording quality is good too. Mine kinda sucked. I recorded those renditions in oct 2005.
BTW i compose also jpop songs. This is a link to youtube. This PV was made by Apprentice from the forum. The singer is inuchan from here too. And i recorded and composed all the instruments there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTJaE15YgWk
i hope u enjoy
EL-g
@soda - Hey dude, i just finished listening to all of the DAI renditions. Really beautiful work. I have to give u my compliments because it sounds great. I know the hard working involving in arranging and making music and that makes me give much value to people who do it for pure love as me and you. So far i think we have 3 diferences. 1st is that i try to change things in the songs and you try to stay as close as you can to the original. 2nd that you sound more pro than me as far as classic renditions. I have to reconize heheheheh.3 i play guitar and you play the piano. But its good to see we share the same interest smile.gif. So good job. Keep doing music because music is just the best thing they have ever made. About the mistakes i could hear a few in y&t solo and one or two at hi no ataru but just detail. I made a few on my recordings too and that doesnt make the song a single bit worst.

Ive improved a lot since this renditions i posted ( i mean one year can be good when you practice a lot) but still feel free to give me tips. Like i said in external media hub, there is always gonna be someone better and someone worst than you in everything you do. Its good all to get perspective from people all around. THat is what keeps us going and help us to improve..........

I guess that is all for now.........rock on dude
soda_o_rat
wew it was a great project you did on youtube^^
Who composed the lyrics? it was in japanese so it's not sth very easy lol (unless it was s.o. japanese who composed the lyrics ^^)

Well I think the guitar is not very well tuned, and the intro is a bit out of rhythm (I know you made it on purpose, but it's not easy to listen for me ^^)
However I think you made a really good work on the compo! And you composed also the melody? How did you work with the singer for the melody?

Congratulations for that, I'm looking after your next pieces wink.gif
EL-g
QUOTE(soda_o_rat)
wew it was a great project you did on youtube^^
Who composed the lyrics? it was in japanese so it's not sth very easy lol (unless it was s.o. japanese who composed the lyrics ^^)

Well I think the guitar is not very well tuned, and the intro is a bit out of rhythm (I know you made it on purpose, but it's not easy to listen for me ^^)
However I think you made a really good work on the compo! And you composed also the melody? How did you work with the singer for the melody?

Congratulations for that, I'm looking after your next pieces wink.gif

Yeah..the guitar is not out of tune especially because it was tuned with a tuner laugh.gif . And the rythm always on purpose dude. You have to get off a bit of your classical shadow and be a bit more off stream........

I composed the melody and lyrics as well. The lyrics i made in english and translated to japanese with help of a friend.

More stuff at my web www.el-g.org
soda_o_rat
QUOTE(EL-g)

Yeah..the guitar is not out of tune especially because it was tuned with a  tuner laugh.gif  . And the rythm always on purpose dude. You have to get off a bit of your classical shadow and be a bit more off stream........

Well I don't think i *have* to get off to my "classical shadow", it's a question of taste... I'm telling you my opinion, you do what you want with it. You should maybe make it sound more picky, like jazzy rhythm because it sounds like you're not at ease with the guitar, although you're technically good.
EL-g
QUOTE(soda_o_rat)
QUOTE(EL-g)

Yeah..the guitar is not out of tune especially because it was tuned with a  tuner laugh.gif  . And the rythm always on purpose dude. You have to get off a bit of your classical shadow and be a bit more off stream........

Well I don't think i *have* to get off to my "classical shadow", it's a question of taste... I'm telling you my opinion, you do what you want with it. You should maybe make it sound more picky, like jazzy rhythm because it sounds like you're not at ease with the guitar, although you're technically good.

I dont get what you mean by that ease with the guitar...But yeah its a question of taste......

You seem to be very pro...id love to see some of your original stuff. not just some copy of what has already been made smile.gif
soda_o_rat
lol ^^
On the same website where you could listen to the mp3, I put my Improvisations, so you can hear what I can improvise. I don't make compositions anymore (I'm too lazy!!)

Before I composed in a Tracker (Fast Tracker II and Impulse Tracker) but I don't find the time right now to put them on the net, and also, 80% are bad lol
EL-g
QUOTE(soda_o_rat)
lol ^^
On the same website where you could listen to the mp3, I put my Improvisations, so you can hear what I can improvise. I don't make compositions anymore (I'm too lazy!!)

Before I composed in a Tracker (Fast Tracker II and Impulse Tracker) but I don't find the time right now to put them on the net, and also, 80% are bad lol

lol........great dude.......ill check that...........keep up the good work and great playing..........its very inspiring smile.gif
EL-g
Hey dude.........id really like to know how to improve a bit on the classical renditions.......maybe you could give me some tips, like pointing out with more detail what is not being at a good level of playing yet. I mean specially as far as the tempo line you said. I tried to use 3 dif tempos in desire. In y&t too. We are is more even i guess. But with no drums and no metronome sometimes u can get a bit lost. So Id really appretiate if you could point a few things smile.gif. I know i still have some room from improvement there..........
soda_o_rat
Well what I can say is that before making great improvisations that goes farther than the original piece, you should before master simple arrangements. You can't build an awesome house with great beauty before having solid foundations isn't it?

So I think you should therefore focus on simple arrangements, and respect absolutely the original tempo (you can use a metronome). It's great you want to make great impros like artists you mentionned above, but it's better to go step by step. If I wanted to make impros like jazzy professionnals, I would be discouraged already... This is not my level and I already know that wink.gif

I hope this counts like an advice smile.gif

And also, I also can make improvisations which sounds far from the original, but I'm not really good at it, that's why I stay in the standard way I use to arrange the songs wink.gif

Good luck man
EL-g
QUOTE(soda_o_rat)
Well what I can say is that before making great improvisations that goes farther than the original piece, you should before master simple arrangements. You can't build an awesome house with great beauty before having solid foundations isn't it?

So I think you should therefore focus on simple arrangements, and respect absolutely the original tempo (you can use a metronome). It's great you want to make great impros like artists you mentionned above, but it's better to go step by step. If I wanted to make impros like jazzy professionnals, I would be discouraged already... This is not my level and I already know that wink.gif

I hope this counts like an advice smile.gif

And also, I also can make improvisations which sounds far from the original, but I'm not really good at it, that's why I stay in the standard way I use to arrange the songs wink.gif

Good luck man

Oh yes...i agree that 1st you have to build up the house to make a good struckture otherwise if you dont make it good the house can fall down. I really appretiate your comments. Thanks for taking the time to write. Ill try to work on that. I think im trying to be in a level im not at the moment and sometimes it doesnt sound very natural. Well i dont know. And as far as the tempo maybe you could give me some tips. If i want to follow the original structure its maybe more easy even without metronome, even tho a few things can be slitely out of place. But when changing the tempo it is harder. I know sometimes i have problems with that but i really cannot tell with detail what is being out of place.
But thanks for the advice smile.gif
If you have any other points to tell that can help me id really appretiate......
oasis_heart3
The song is BEAUTIFUL. But it's kinda hilarious that no one realized "soda-o-rat" was a member here. I was gonna say something until he actually came into this post. XD

(Wait...are you a guy or a girl, Soda? XD)
soda_o_rat
QUOTE(oasis_heart3 @ Jan 3 2007, 06:53 AM) *

The song is BEAUTIFUL. But it's kinda hilarious that no one realized "soda-o-rat" was a member here. I was gonna say something until he actually came into this post. XD

(Wait...are you a guy or a girl, Soda? XD)

lol! ^^

Well I'm a guy XD Often, ppl when they see my vids without seeing my face, they think I'm a girl... Do I have such girlish hands ? -_____-
Anyway it doesn't matter, I think you'd better have feminine hands in order to put more emotions or feelings in the piano... laugh.gif

btw oasis_heart3, I also have a website, where I put all my sheet music, arrangements, and most of all, a search engine which index the most possible asian sheet music on the web (but it's hard to maintain it alone sad.gif )
Come visit in any time smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.