Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you belive that Ban chan can achieve a #1 single?
Do As Infinity Forum > Headquarters > Van Tomiko
jayacr
Hi people, i just want to find out if you belive that Ban chan can achieve a #1 single in the Oricon ranking. Her first solo album did really well reaching #7 and her singles are doing ok, right now senkou is #10 and 2 days ago it was #7.

Do you think that she will ever reach the #1 spot?
shidosan
Maybe if she had her songs attached to a high profile movie or drama she'd make it higher on the charts. Flower did fairly well, though I hardly think Oishii Proposal was one of the bigger dramas of this year. It would have been interesting to have seen how Hold me would have done had it been released as a single when Slow Dance aired. Any influence that drama would have had on sales of Tomiko's first album diminished quite a bit, as Farewell was released long after that drama finished airing on tv. Though it is good that Senkou made it into the top ten without being attached to any show that I know of. This shows that there is enough interest in Tomiko's work that it can sell itself. That's good news for her.
virilevocalist
frankly, no. and I wouldn't have it any other way. Van Tomiko is for a select audience, and that's us. that's just the metalhead part of the musichead in me. FTR. I'm also drunk and high.

But I'd like Banchan to be just for us, the select few who like her music, and that's that.
Chie
I agree with both above me.
I'd be happy for her if she ever did but I also like it when it's (like virilevocalist described) for a "selected audience".
ainouta
Consider my Perspective of it

[size=18]LESS TOMIKO FANS MEANS MORE TOMIKO FOR ME! :foxhi:
Kyo Kusanagi
That' s what I think as well ^O^

Anyway, in my opinion Ban-chan' s music isn' t for a selected audience, since she' s getting lots of appearances at TV shows. We can' t expect her to be marketed so heavily as Koda Kumi or Otsuka Ai anytime soon, but one day that time will come, and one of Ban-chan' s singles will debut at #1 in the Oricon singles chart! ^^
Kyoyama_Tomiko
i hope that day never comes, heavy marketing is not really good (as you can easily "saturate the market"), i don't think it suits her style as artist.
Maybe she reaches #1, but *shrugs*... I really don't see it happening, glad many people is seeing this with a critical eye. ^^
OK! Ihay~!
hm.. no I don´t think she could do that.. bcoz you know i hate tomiko and i dunno what i'm doing in this forum :oops:
oasis_heart3
QUOTE(OK! Ihay~!)
hm.. no I don´t think she could do that.. bcoz you know i hate tomiko and i dunno what i'm doing in this forum  :oops:
I hope that's a joke. >|

QUOTE(virilevocalist)
That's just the metalhead part of the musichead in me. FTR. I'm also drunk and high.
LMAO!!
That. Is. CLASSIC. May I put that in my QuoteBook? xD

I'd love for her to go #1, but it's really hard. You have to have a really, REALLY catchy beat -- and it usually has to be a dance track or something fast paced. Right now, Van's music has a mellow feel to it. =

I think the question is...would you support her if she never reached #1? (^^) She always had a place in my heart and always will.

And remember -- "'#1' does NOT mean 'the best'"!! =D
virilevocalist
sure, though I'm not quite sure what I meant by the metalhead part of the musichead in me. But my being drunk and high at the time explains that, I think. ohmy.gif
tomikolover
No she couldnt.
But it would be awesome if she did and we were like omggg.
OK! Ihay~!
[quote="oasis_heart3"][quote=OK! Ihay~!]hm.. no I don´t think she could do that.. bcoz you know i hate tomiko and i dunno what i'm doing in this forum :oops:[/quote]I hope that's a joke. >|

>O it was not! i hate DAI and Banchan and Ryo and everyone >O i'm just in this forum because I love mara <3 :roll:
virilevocalist
ok! Ihay! sounds like Yahiko under a new username. :roll:
TheSirAuron
well ban does have the potential, but i think shes restricting her style too much to just jazzy ballads and DAI styled stuff, i could see her doing quite well in her stage play or acting that could possibly back her up in her solo career because she hasnt gotten rid of DAI completly yet on her image, i guess we have to wait and see when the thing gets more complicated haha
virilevocalist
QUOTE(virilevocalist)
ok! Ihay! sounds like Yahiko under a new username.  :roll:

AHA! SO I'M RIGHT!!!
Kyo Kusanagi
QUOTE(OK! Ihay~!)

I think the question is...would you support her if she never reached #1? (^^) She always had a place in my heart and always will.

Sure! Ban-chan is a wonderful singer and -most important- a wonderful person (as far as I know about her), and she' s the singer who convinced me to buy original CDs again (and start buying singles, which I had never done in my life before buying Flower), so I never would quit supporting her.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.