Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Well I finally did it
Do As Infinity Forum > Headquarters > Van Tomiko
JJM
Yes I finally went ahead and ordered Tomiko's new solo album. I've been meaning to do it for awhile now, but have just been lazy. So I have to ask is this album pretty good? Is it anything like DAI's sound or is it something different? The only song I've heard so far was Flower, which to me kinda sounded like DAI at their most pop-ish. In any case I'll be looking forward to hearing it in a few weeks when this and the other stuff I ordered from yesasia.com comes in.
shidosan
QUOTE(JJM)
Yes I finally went ahead and ordered Tomiko's new solo album.  I've been meaning to do it for awhile now, but have just been lazy.  So I have to ask is this album pretty good?  Is it anything like DAI's sound or is it something different?  The only song I've heard so far was Flower, which to me kinda sounded like DAI at their most pop-ish. In any case I'll be looking forward to hearing it in a few weeks when this and the other stuff I ordered from yesasia.com comes in.

I assume you ordered Farewell.. Anyway the album is pretty good. Most of the songs are ballads though. I couldn't tell from your post, but I hope you know Flower wasn't on this album. It came out later. I mention this because it seems to me that Flower was done with a different direction in mind than most of the songs on Farewell, so you might be dissappointed if you were looking for more songs like Flower.
Kyoyama_Tomiko
=_=
Infiniation
That's great to know, but don't you think that you can post this somewhere else? XD
green
hm...the Ban-chan singles that have been released so far (just the a-sides [Flower] and [senkou]) give off a different feeling than the songs on [FAREWELL]. the songs on [FAREWELL] had this sort of dreamy feel to them. i've noticed that there's an echo effect that was used on her voice a lot of those song and not in [Flower] and [senkou]. well, there's an echo effect on the piano in [senkou]. hm...i don't really know what i'm talking about anymore. but, yah. i think maybe it's the echo effect. XD
Kyoyama_Tomiko
I am tired of these threads. Why....WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??? .-. bumping threads, useless threads., wrong threads, is it so difficult to browse around and do the right thing?... why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why ??????
*dies*

sorry i flipped out, this is it for this forum .-.
touff-ray
QUOTE(JJM)
So I have to ask is this album pretty good?  Is it anything like DAI's sound or is it something different?

QUOTE(Kyoyama_Tomiko and Pika-chan)
I am tired of these threads. Why....WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??? .-. bumping threads, useless threads., wrong threads, is it so difficult to browse around and do the right thing?... why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why ??????  
*dies*  

---

That's great to know, but don't you think that you can post this somewhere else? XD

Asking if Farewell is a good album sure goes into this subforum tongue.gif

/comfort

Anyway, asking this after ordering it is quite strange. And to make an opinion, you could have downloaded that *great* album from the appropriate thread in the External Media Hub :wink:

Touff-Ray

PS : we should launch a contest Who wants to be a mod ?
totosquirt
QUOTE(Kyoyama_Tomiko)
*dies*  

so i am assuming this forum's purpose is to ask questions, distribute media and post new news?
JJM
Sorry to bother you. I'll just search for reviews on the internet next time. I was merely just trying to make conversation. Oh well.
small_saint
:wink:

But hope you still visit the forum often, we are actually nice bunch of ppl although we are kinda particular about how stuff is working here. smile.gif
Infiniation
Omg! You quoted me as Pika-chan. XDDDDD

Okai sorry, off topic. xD

But T-Rex (HAH! xD), when I meant by somewhere else, I meant somewhere else in this sub-forum. Like, maybe green's review thread of FAREWELL. :mrgreen: Guess I wasn't being that specific. xD;;

But then again, we have nothing else to talk about. XD

And JJM, it's okai. You can also make conversations in Kit-Kat jam! :foxhi: ^__^
touff-ray
QUOTE(JJM)
Sorry to bother you.  I'll just search for reviews on the internet next time.  I was merely just trying to make conversation.  Oh well.

Pika-chan ( tongue.gif ) and Kyoyama, I hate you :evilbun:

Nah, joking, but look, you scared a member trying to start a thread... :?

@JJM : Don't be afraid of those strange members laugh.gif
Kyoyama_Tomiko
EDIT!: At JJM: hey we are more than happy to receive new people in the forum, sorry for my snap, I hope you keep posting here. I know the forum is a little dead these days. biggrin.gif smile and keep the DAI love, feel free to join us on further discussions and I'm sorry to have scared you

LOL t-rex tongue.gif
My intention was not to scare anyone...I'm deeply sorry for that, I am deeply sorry also for flipping out and take this thread offtopic. You know that would not be my intention, but there are somethings going wrong, I can't not stand and watch anymore .-. <3 yu t-rex :rolling:

if there is such a contest I'll surely sign in for it...i just was mentioning the total status of the forum...in the month there has been more than 5 threads locked, around the same number of moved, 3 threads bumped from 1yr. I mean, I think we are the only forum who are keeping up with this....this wasnt like this when i joined ;_; It's ok to be a n00b, EVERYONE is a n00b once in a while.
I respect the people choice about buying after/instead of downloading...If you have money for it! heck yeah! why not? but there is a difference of mentioning a purchase and presuming a purchase. Many people fall in the second.

@totosquirt: can you be a little bit more specific on your question, instead of implying anything to me, ur female forum senpai (XD)...no forum has a purpose called DISTRIBUTE MEDIA, unless is z-degrees,copycat, or foolishways...We are a discussion forum, a DAI/MI/Tomiko discussion forum...as all the forums dedicated to the japanese artist environment, we have the friendly EMH and the Requests section, since as westerners is not really easy/affordable to some of us to purchase or reach those/most of those things...good for the ones that have it.
You can discuss ANYTHING on kitkatjam, and we always have been a really friendly community. If you check on the past of this forum (that not even I was part of), all these weird conducts lately were not allowed. That is my point....there are important events to oneself, that are not really related to a carreer of an artist, such as purchases, that can go in Kitkatjam...in fact we have a thread there for "what was your latest purchase" and I'm sure that there is one in House Of Blues.
As Touff-ray said:
"Asking if farewell is a good album does belong here"

Also, many people buy things, and keep their mouths shot....This is like I would make a WHOLE NEW THREAD to talk about the Last Live I bought, with t-shirt...and then make many useful comments about it around the forum. As someone said, It's like saying merry x-mas in July...and making a fool of yourself at the same time.
Just my humble opinion.
I also have two choices....keep ignoring all these weird things and leave the forum (which many ppl has done lately)...or fight to bring the old daiforum back.
Happy day to everyone :foxp:
And happy Labor day to anyone celebrating is (I think its only US though :rolling:)
Now this post is offtopic LOL
*TangerineRaven*
(time to voice my opinion =D.. off-topic)

I think more and more everyday, there are pointless threads by n00bs going up. More and more everyday, people are disappearing. The question is.. can we do anything about it?

To many, daiforum is the place they feel home. I know I'm one of them. We come here to discuss our obsession and fanatic-ness.. because alot of people don't have someone in real life to talk to about DAI.

"A reliable source" told me that there are no longer any forum rules. How about someone fixes that? xD I mean, what kind of great forum doesn't have rules?

I think all the mods/admins need to do whatever possible to keep this forum alive.. and maybe not just them! Regular forumers can help too.. post the link on your xanga, Myspace, website, other website, etc;

Okay...

(on-topic)

FAREWELL is a really good album. A few songs you have to listen to alot to love them, but overall, a 8/10.

xD
touff-ray
[off topic]
Thanks for your contributions TangerineRaven and Kyoyama_Tomiko smile.gif

QUOTE(*TangerineRaven*)
"A reliable source" told me that there are no longer any forum rules. How about someone fixes that? xD I mean, what kind of great forum doesn't have rules?

I was thinking of it lately... I mean, really :|
You will see something coming soon... I hope.

Touff-Ray *sorry for the off-topic*

[/off topic]
totosquirt
this is off-topic, but it is labour day in canada and in the us biggrin.gif
*TangerineRaven*
QUOTE(totosquirt)

WTF??? What importance does this serve here??

touff-ray, please just lock this topic... please :shock:
touff-ray
It has gone too far, minna...
Please calm down, take a deep breath, listen to some DAI songs (or to the Farewell album ^^) and then, enjoy this forum, everyone.

I just don't like locking topics, deleting posts, warning members... At home you don't like shouting on everyone, everyday, right ?

Let's say, last warning, ok ?

Touff-Ray *I was only a techie, first... sigh...*
totosquirt
QUOTE(*TangerineRaven*)
QUOTE(totosquirt)

WTF??? What importance does this serve here??

touff-ray, please just lock this topic... please :shock:

from this:

QUOTE(Kyoyama_Tomiko)

Happy day to everyone :foxp:
And happy Labor day to anyone celebrating is (I think its only US though :rolling:)
Now this post is offtopic LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.