Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fashion trendsetter...?
Do As Infinity Forum > Headquarters > Van Tomiko
yuubae
This is from a scene in the live-action NANA movie. When I saw Hiroki Narimiya's (left) shirt in this scene, I was really surprised.

user posted image

user posted image

Look familiar? :bunlove:

user posted image

Something I've been wondering: Ban-chan's very pretty. Does everyone here like her taste in clothing? And what's your favorite thing Ban-chan has worn?
green
well, mostly her style is really casual. i like a lot of the clothes that she has worn, but i also love the clothing Morning Musume has. it depends on what kind of mood i'm in, i guess. XD

and mostly, Ban-chan just wears t-shirts and jeans, i think. hm...i liked her clothes in the following PVs that i can think of.

- - - rakuen (it looked really comfortable. XD)
- - - hi no ataru sakamichi (in fact, i have an outfit exactly like it, which is weird but cool)
- - - shinjitsu no uta
- - - under the sun
- - - under the moon
- - - enrai
- - - honjitsu WA seiten NARI
- - - For the future
- - - hiiragi
- - - Week!

i think if Ban-chan didn't have a stylist or something, she'd just be running around wearing jeans and a t-shirt. XD and her favorite suspenders, lol.
Stovila
Wooow... nice found man.! o.O

I never realized xD Cool..

MORE:
Drew Barrymore!
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/a...e_1901_15837287

OMG !!! I WANT THAT T-SHIRT NOW!! WHO SELL IT??? T.T
davus0
Dude does Ban chan write Anais Nin inspired erotic poetry too? =O

I like her outfit in the Paris Lavenus CMs :drool:
shidosan
I'm sure when Do As was at their prime, Tomiko was quite a fashion trendsetter. I've seen an article about Do As that covered Tomiko's denim style.
hanako
ooo thats so cool! awesome catch.
i just spend 10 mins trying to find an online store to buy that shirt from, but i cant find one thats identical to hers =/ theres lots with the same saying, but not in that style

edit: i take it back:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Skinny-Fit-Too-fast-to...1QQcmdZViewItem

tbh this shirt is not worth $30 lol
avan_piper
i like her casual clothing,like jeans and t-shirts.

her PVs clothes are nice too! cept for a few like Rakuen haha....if only she wore something nicer, the PV will rock 100%!

nowadays, her fashion is getting more feminine, sometimes i wonder if she really is comfortable in what she's wearing...i still prefer her older styles.
Kyo Kusanagi
QUOTE(davus0)
Dude does Ban chan write Anais Nin inspired erotic poetry too?  =O

I like her outfit in the Paris Lavenus CMs :drool:

What do you mean for Paris? If I can ask you a favor, could you please check this page and tell me what it is? I' m gonna watch all of them anyway biggrin.gif[/url]
green
QUOTE(shidosan)
I'm sure when Do As was at their prime, Tomiko was quite a fashion trendsetter.  I've seen an article about Do As that covered Tomiko's denim style.

i thought it was an article about denim and Ban-chan was used to model it because she always wore a lot of denim. XD

QUOTE(Kyo Kusanagi)
What do you mean for Paris? If I can ask you a favor, could you please check this page and tell me what it is? I' m gonna watch all of them anyway

the ones with [tsubasa no keikaku] and [SIGNAL] were filmed in Paris, if i'm recalling correctly.

oh, yah. forgot to mention that i always like the clothes Ban-chan has on in magazine shoots. except for that animal print stuff. eck.

i also have a question, and since it has something to do with Lavenus...

is it true that Ban-chan lost her advertising spokesperson job with Lavenus because she spontaneously cut off all her hair without informing them? i know she spontaneously did that before the first day of their tour, around [honjitsu WA seiten NARI] time.
davus0
All the CMs she made for Lavenus are from before Do the Best, way before GoH. I think she was already done w/ them. You never see a Lavenus CM with her hair nearly as long as it got during the True Song Tour (you've seen the pics surely - it is stupid long)

It seems incredibly unlikely.
Kyo Kusanagi
QUOTE(green)
QUOTE(shidosan)
I'm sure when Do As was at their prime, Tomiko was quite a fashion trendsetter.  I've seen an article about Do As that covered Tomiko's denim style.

i thought it was an article about denim and Ban-chan was used to model it because she always wore a lot of denim. XD

QUOTE(Kyo Kusanagi)
What do you mean for Paris? If I can ask you a favor, could you please check this page and tell me what it is? I' m gonna watch all of them anyway

the ones with [tsubasa no keikaku] and [SIGNAL] were filmed in Paris, if i'm recalling correctly.

You reminded me of a funny thing that happened about a month ago: I was in a clothing shop to buy a dress for a wedding, and I saw a poster for a brand of denim clothes with a girl who looked like Ban-chan on it XD I didn' t have glasses nor contact brands with me that evening, so I couldn' t see clearly who that girl really is.
mroneder
The days of Ban-chan in jeans/denim and T-shirts are over. I wonder if her Harley has made its last appearance in the TAO PV XD
saiko_gal
QUOTE(Kyo Kusanagi)
What do you mean for Paris? If I can ask you a favor, could you please check this page and tell me what it is? I' m gonna watch all of them anyway biggrin.gif[/url]

random and spamming, but watching the Nice&Easy CM is making me want to cry. I miss DAI! come back to us! :cry:

I wonder, too, about them trend setting. I've seen a lot of people wearing those "War is Over" shirts, but Japan loves fads so much. I wonder if DAI set the trend or just joined in.
davus0
She still wears jeans but always with those strange tops now

Like she's either going to teach kindergarten or extol the benefits of organic raw milk or some other whole food that isn't completely bourgeois yet
avan_piper
QUOTE(davus0)
She still wears jeans but always with those strange tops now

Like she's either going to teach kindergarten or extol the benefits of organic raw milk or some other whole food that isn't completely bourgeois yet

exactly how i felt. the strange tops give me a weird vibe...she seems to have hundreds of those different tops.
davus0
Maybe we've picked up the scent of her secret boyfriend

he's very possessive and makes her wear weird tops so as not to appeal to other men as much
Daish
what weird tops? that shirt isn't that weird....... and I've seen street kiddies wear weirder stuff laugh.gif
avan_piper
they're not ALL weird, just some...that somehow, i dont think they fit her 100%, that kind of feeling. maybe flowery tops/ *these kinds of tops* just aint my thing.
green
QUOTE(saiko_gal)
I wonder, too, about them trend setting.  I've seen a lot of people wearing those "War is Over" shirts, but Japan loves fads so much.  I wonder if DAI set the trend or just joined in.

well, the [WAR IS OVER] stuff came from John Lennon, didn't it?

yah, Ban-chan doesn't seem to be 100% comfortable in her flowy shirts. i wonder if that's the kind of stuff she'll wear in her tours or something. i can't imagine her not jumping around and being sweaty. XD
MooMoo
I think she looks cute no matter what she wears. People who make anything look good make me jealous... :buncry:
davus0
They are weird, like some medieval boy's garments
Kyo Kusanagi
QUOTE(green)
QUOTE(saiko_gal)
I wonder, too, about them trend setting.  I've seen a lot of people wearing those "War is Over" shirts, but Japan loves fads so much.  I wonder if DAI set the trend or just joined in.

well, the [WAR IS OVER] stuff came from John Lennon, didn't it?

yah, Ban-chan doesn't seem to be 100% comfortable in her flowy shirts. i wonder if that's the kind of stuff she'll wear in her tours or something. i can't imagine her not jumping around and being sweaty. XD

I think it depends on the musical style: Ban-chan' s current clothing fits it better.
yuubae
QUOTE(Kyo Kusanagi)
I think it depends on the musical style: Ban-chan' s current clothing fits it better.

You have a point. smile.gif I think Banchan's clothing from the Deep Forest time would fit with her music now...or no? :?
green
QUOTE(yuubae)
QUOTE(Kyo Kusanagi)

You have a point. smile.gif I think Banchan's clothing from the Deep Forest time would fit with her music now...or no? :?

yah, it would. actually, now that i think about it, everything before [TRUE SONG] would work for her style now.
tomikolover
Sometimes I get in the mood to dress like banchan..
green
sometimes, i dress like Ban-chan without realizing it. XD
yuubae
How do you guys dress similarly to Banchan?

When I first saw this pic a couple years ago I realized I have the same boots as Banchan.

:foxtt:
tomikolover
She looks so hot in that pic.

I dress similiar to her when I wear jeans and a t-shirt and I'm not all glammed up. smile.gif
green
QUOTE(yuubae)
How do you guys dress similarly to Banchan?

When I first saw this pic a couple years ago I realized I have the same boots as Banchan.

:foxtt:

well, what i meant by similar is just a similar style, not the same clothes or stuff like that. although i have worn the [hi no ataru sakamichi] outfit without knowing it. except my jeans jacket is dark green instead of dark blue. it was really weird.

and my friend said that the boots i wear are like the ones Ban-chan wore in [boukenshatachi]. i'll have to do more research into that, lol. XD

and i once got a short haircut and realized that it looked like Ban-chan's from [honjitsu WA seiten NARI] and [hiiragi]. which was weird also.

and other random stuff like that. biggrin.gif
avan_piper
i think i dress like her in the Deep Forest---True Song era and also in Honjitsu vid most of the days.....pants and t-shirts fill my wardrobe more than anything else.
Chie
I simply LOVE her style... :bunlove: It's just what I like! Also her new style as solo artist. I love her clothing in every PV >____<b
I want my style to be similar (not exactly the same), but I'm not so good at styling yet and my mum won't allow me to buy so many clothes... :oops: but I already have some "Banchan"-like things!
lone-wolf
what does too fast to live, too young to die mean anyway?
davus0
it means what too young to die always means...

there are exponentially more baffling shirts than that to be dissecting
banfan
Of course I love her taste in clothing.I think she has the best taste in clothing in jpn!..I love 2 see her in Week!,TAO,DAI final,live tour deep forest,n under the sun
BalOfFlnAngels
QUOTE(yuubae @ Jun 20 2006, 05:27 PM) *

This is from a scene in the live-action NANA movie. When I saw Hiroki Narimiya's (left) shirt in this scene, I was really surprised.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Look familiar? bunlove.gif

IPB Image

Something I've been wondering: Ban-chan's very pretty. Does everyone here like her taste in clothing? And what's your favorite thing Ban-chan has worn?

Woot, look at Mika Nakashima foxgoggles.gif foxgoggles.gif
davus0
she looks like she walked outta the House of the Dead
deathangel
for me i think ban chan herself doesnt think she is a fashion trend setter, it just that she wears what she feel comfortable and people just follow her like most usually do.........and looking at her style of fashion now, all i can say is that she have become more feminine but that does not implement that she had abandon her denim and t-shirt or we should say casual style......it just that what she wears now is best represent her music and i dont think that she will ever forget that she always look best in casual wear......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.