Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Road to Torino
Do As Infinity Forum > Headquarters > Van Tomiko
davus0
For those of you living in the New York area (like me) check this out

http://www.subwaycinema.com/frames/nyaff06_ski.htm

Tomiko wasn't singing the jingle for some sportscast! This is it n'est pas? Tomiko's on the soundtrack for a festival circuit mockumentary! ROFL

I love this! I have to see this film now.
yuubae
I remember being soo confused when I heard about skii jumping pairs. So it's all just a mockumentary? Is that why Morning Glory was on the homepage? :?
totosquirt
why do the skis say "idiots" on the bottom?
green
QUOTE(totosquirt)

i guess because of the whole mockumentary thing.

wow, [morning glory] really doesn't fit with this movie's idea. XD
*TangerineRaven*
QUOTE(green)
QUOTE(totosquirt)

i guess because of the whole mockumentary thing.

wow, [morning glory] really doesn't fit with this movie's idea. XD

I don't want Ban-chan's song being used for something silly and mock-like T___T Morning Glory is too pretty of a song.
davus0
It sounds like a respectable film to me. Better this than computer-written melodrama
green
QUOTE(davus0)
It sounds like a respectable film to me.  Better this than computer-written melodrama

yah, the whole thing sounds really amusing to me. i think this film is the type that's taken seriously, even though it maybe wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
sea-anemones
cool...
davus0
QUOTE(green)
QUOTE(davus0)
It sounds like a respectable film to me.  Better this than computer-written melodrama

yah, the whole thing sounds really amusing to me. i think this film is the type that's taken seriously, even though it maybe wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

I don't get it. Do you mean some people will take this movie as completely factual, as non-fiction?

It can be funny and still outclass serious movies.
green
QUOTE(davus0)
QUOTE(green)
QUOTE(davus0)

I don't get it. Do you mean some people will take this movie as completely factual, as non-fiction?

It can be funny and still outclass serious movies.

no, i mean they will know that it's a mockumentary, but it will still have a big impact. i can't really explain what i mean. i think that's about it.
davus0
Sou ka

hai hai

I hope it will get serious soon. It wasn't even on IMDB last I checked =(

I really really wanna see it though - at the cinema (which will probably prove my only option) so I can gauge how other people react to Tomiko's voice in a collective setting.
green
QUOTE(davus0)
I really really wanna see it though - at the cinema (which will probably prove my only option) so I can gauge how other people react to Tomiko's voice in a collective setting.

they'll most likely think it's a nice, pretty song and then forget about it after. :cry: i mean, that'll most likely be the case if the film is shown in America.
davus0
It's possible that this film is just mocking the pop music too - the thing is Morning Glory isn't risibly poppy. It might be roundabout but even parody can't do without its bit of beauty plus pity.

With Best in Show (the mockumentary about dog shows) for example one can't help adoring Harlan Pepper's bloodhound and you end up going 'awww' even though it's a lot of the humor is rather sharp.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.