Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guilty Gear
Do As Infinity Forum > Downtown > Anime & Game Center
x_shinigami_x
Anyone played and absolutely love this series? lol it's one of the greatest fighting games ever. The physics and flow is my draw to this game.. the overdrives are absolutely cool without going overboard like most capcom games, the burst system prevents corner bashing and infinite combos, the perfect guard system, guard bar.. and come on.. don't you love it when it says <DESTROYED>

hahaha any other addicts? Heaven or Hell
Benny
I've never actually played one. I've been planning on getting one for years but never get round to it. :roll:
Soul Reaver
Good games but they are quite unbalanced. And even with the bursts there are still infinites. Since bursts have to recharge. There are also traps that in effect are essentially infinites but don't combo. They just lock down the opponent from doing anything or else they'll get hit with something. Bursts are essentially useless against Venom ball traps.
Dinaluban61
I like guilty gear a lot. THough I'm not very good at it. I do have Guilty Gear Isuka, the 4 player one, but no one else seems to enjoy it as much as I do.
HeartlessCloud
I have Guilt gear X2 for PlayStation 2. It's absolutely one of my favorite fighting games ever. It has some of the best animation I've ever seen, the Heavy Metal soundtrack is great, and Metal-inspired characters (Axl Low, for one) are all pretty cool. Haven't played it in a while, though.
x_shinigami_x
QUOTE(Soul Reaver)
Good games but they are quite unbalanced.  And even with the bursts there are still infinites.  Since bursts have to recharge.  There are also traps that in effect are essentially infinites but don't combo.  They just lock down the opponent from doing anything or else they'll get hit with something.  Bursts are essentially useless against Venom ball traps.

mmm? anything that doesnt combo is pretty hard to keep going.. personally i find the guilty gear recovery system pretty good. and yeah, the stun moves are really good to use. the only real gripe i have is with potemkin.. his backdash makes him pretty much invincible for 19/20 frames and Potemkin Buster is one of the fastest moves in the game (frame wise).. and it does more damage than most overdrive moves. INSANE!!
DAIs Apprentice
played it a few times at the arcades but soon it got swapped for tekken 5 T_T

i wub that character with the scythe (Testament, I believe)
Soul Reaver
QUOTE(Deathscythe)
QUOTE(Soul Reaver)
Good games but they are quite unbalanced.  And even with the bursts there are still infinites.  Since bursts have to recharge.  There are also traps that in effect are essentially infinites but don't combo.  They just lock down the opponent from doing anything or else they'll get hit with something.  Bursts are essentially useless against Venom ball traps.

mmm? anything that doesnt combo is pretty hard to keep going.. personally i find the guilty gear recovery system pretty good. and yeah, the stun moves are really good to use. the only real gripe i have is with potemkin.. his backdash makes him pretty much invincible for 19/20 frames and Potemkin Buster is one of the fastest moves in the game (frame wise).. and it does more damage than most overdrive moves. INSANE!!
If you use Venom you need to know his ball locks. If you don't, in tournament quality gameplay you'll get thrashed.
x_shinigami_x
interesting.. i'll have to find some vids. i love venom.. his ball moves are good but i like his close combat pool cue swirl
Kyo Kusanagi
Great series!!! I played GGX and GGXX #Reload quite a lot 2 years ago and I loved it: the anime-like graphics, the heavy metal soundtrack, the spectacular moves, the furious gameplay...everything is great in these games! I just hope Sammy will release a brand new episode instead of one of those editions which just add some characters and gameplay tweaks.
HeartlessCloud
If they can tweak and balance the characters and add new people, it'll be great. My current favorite characters are Millia Rage, and Jam Kuradoberi.
x_shinigami_x
hmm.. i know there are characters i don't like.. and wont be able to enjoy until i buy myself a joystick.. but who does everyone think is unbalanced both too good or too bad a character to use?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.