Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Goldenaxe remake coming up
Do As Infinity Forum > Downtown > Anime & Game Center
DAI World Order
SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (May 10, 2006) - SEGA® of America, Inc. and Sega Europe Ltd. today announced the long-anticipated return of Golden Axe™, a fan favorite since its original release in 1989. Developed exclusively for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Golden Axe marks the first project from the recent acquisition of San Francisco-based studio, Secret Level.  

Golden Axe delivers action-RPG thrills as a small band of Riders embark on an epic adventure to recruit allies, expose the enemy and prevent the annihilation of their breed. Delivering an intense and unique combat experience, players charge into battle on the backs of ferocious beasts or take their chances with the enemy while on foot. Fighting skill, wits and even magic are all called into action as players immerse themselves in the struggle to defeat an evil intent on enslaving the remains of civilization.  

"Golden Axe is one of our most treasured brands and is a complete re-imagining of the story that will take gamers on an unforgettable journey," said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President of Marketing, SEGA of America, Inc. "The vision we have for the remake of Golden Axe is nothing short of remarkable and it can only be realized on the PLAYSTATION 3 system and Xbox 360."  

Golden Axe is slated for release in 2007. For more information and assets for Golden Axe, please visit the SEGA PR FTP site at http://segapr.segaamerica.com.  

http://www.sega.com/e3/2006/announcements_...em=pr_20060510a

anyone remember this game back in the Genesis? it was one of the first beat em up games I played but not as good as Double Dragon. Hopefully, they'll be a Double Dragon remake as well. biggrin.gif
Dinaluban61
Yeah, I remember this game. I liked playing it on my dreamcast when it was on the Sega Smash pack. It was just awesome.
Benny
Loved that game! But Streets of Rage was much much better.
mavrick_45
ahhhh the genisis years. damn i feel old as shit. anyways.

hopefully they dont turn it into crap :evil:
DAIs Apprentice
http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/genesis/g.html

go there if u wanna get the roms and re-play again :twisted:

damn i loved Golden Axe. I also wondered for many years why they didn't make any remake of this great adventure game while Rygar (a very, very old NES game) had it's remake and did good too!

Mainly, the GA featured nearly everything in a medieval fantasy world you can imagine and this is what made the series great.
Harmo
Altered Beast!!

I remember playing that during the great Genesis age, dont remember Golden Axe though.
DAIs Apprentice
QUOTE(Asudef)
Altered Beast!!

I remember playing that during the great Genesis age, dont remember Golden Axe though.

whuuuu???? :eek: u serious? it's one of the besto!

altered beast yessss! That was good toooo! :evilbun:
Yonge
Indeed wat a great game! multiplayer all the way!

I have a feeling that this will have VERY high expectations and going from some of the remakes nowadays such as altered beast...well i'm a lil skeptical about the concept!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.