Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: this may be a mean question to you guys...
Do As Infinity Forum > Headquarters > Van Tomiko
Pages: 1, 2
muckyfingers
but when has ban chan been her chubbiest? tongue.gif don't get me wrong, she doesnt look ugly or anything (she always is hot lol) but i was wondering what era was it when she looked her chubbiest? and any pics? thanks in advance.
davus0
I'll tell you but what will it mean to you to know?
SilverAutomatic
Whole thing just sounds creepy to me...
virilevocalist
even at her chubbiest, she was gorgeous. GOH era, maybe?
muckyfingers
QUOTE(HanyouDCTU)
Whole thing just sounds creepy to me...

how? i'm just curious when she looked chubbiest because from the vids i've seen of her, she sometimes looks REALLY skinny and sometimes looks kinda thick.

if it's creepy to you, what about people that talk about dreaming about dai/tomiko van 24/7 in the other threads on this board? that's an unhealthy obssession compared to the simple question i posed.
SilverAutomatic
I'm just saying it sounds like something I wouldn't expect to hear. The whole dreaming of 24/7 thing kinda creeps me out too. At one point a little bit more than this.

No offence meant or nothing, but i'm just saying.
muckyfingers
QUOTE(HanyouDCTU)
I'm just saying it sounds like something I wouldn't expect to hear. The whole dreaming of 24/7 thing kinda creeps me out too. At one point a little bit more than this.

No offence meant or nothing, but i'm just saying.

to me it's was almost just like asking when she had short hair or long hair, since it's just a different kind of look for her.
davus0
It's nice to see how people change. The dreaming thing is more arbitrary (in its aesthetic trappings) and recondite (in its 'meanings'). You do well not to dwell on a surface description of someone's dream that they dashed off on a forum.
yuubae
Haha. I prefer Ban-chan over super skinny artists like Mika Nakashima anyday.
ainouta
look at it in my point of view...

FAT OR THIN , LONG HAIRED OR SHORT HAIRED , TANNED OR WHITE SKINNED , PREGNANT OR NOT , SHE IS STILL MY BAN TOMIKO OK GOT IT??

even IF SHE SHAVES HER HEAD BALD AND LOOKS like turtle SHE IS MY TURTLE!!

and what else... hmm.. EVEN IF SHE GOT LESS FANS it means to say

LESS TOMIKO FANS MEANS MORE TOMIKO FOR ME HAHA!!

*drool*
SilverAutomatic
QUOTE(ainouta)

user posted image

(If you didn't see this coming - please, where tinfoil on your head so we know who you are.)

@ainouta - So unbelievebly sorry, it was just too good of a moment to pass up. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
shidosan
Tomiko is still a bit chubby right now, I've noticed.
*TangerineRaven*
QUOTE(HanyouDCTU)
QUOTE(ainouta)

user posted image

(If you didn't see this coming - please, where tinfoil on your head so we know who you are.)

@ainouta - So unbelievebly sorry, it was just too good of a moment to pass up. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

XDDDDDDDD HOLY CRAP. I REALLY DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING.. HAHAH OH MAN. I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT MOVIE IN SO LONG.

AHHAHAHHAHHHA.. I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING.
Yahiko
bald and delicious ;DDDDDDDD

=( i dun like stupid thread buH! it sounds like pokegal ;_; dont be like pokegal muckyfinger! it's bad! :~ ;-; so maraish
muckyfingers
QUOTE(davus0)
You do well not to dwell on a surface description of someone's dream that they dashed off on a forum.

I wasn't dwelling on anything; I merely pointed out an observation that I had made in response to HanyouDCTU's comment that the question I originally posed was "creepy."

Anyway, it started out as an innocent question that some people apparently took the wrong way.
muckyfingers
QUOTE(davus0)
I'll tell you but what will it mean to you to know?

Well like I had posted in the original post, I wanted to see pics of her (since it gives her a different look as opposed to being super skinny).
Benny
I don't get what's creepy about this thread, I don't see anything wrong with asking when did Ban look her chubbiest. I personally think that Ban looks cutest during the period she had the chubby thing going on. It's the reason why I lub our Tomiko that much, she looks great with any hair style, any clothing arrangement and even any size of belly. She's not a supermodel and doesn't make half her money from marketing make up liek pop stars do because she is beautiful in a different way. She's not sexy, but she's still somehow incredibly adorable.

Anyway, to answer the initial question, I think she was chubbiest during the Gates of Heaven period as has already been stated but I think it was more latter GOH from Live In Japan onto the early part of Need Your Love but she had lost weight by LIJII. HERE's a picture from LIJI but you can't really tell how chubby she is.

Banchan love 4EVA! :bunlove:
Infiniation
QUOTE(Yahiko)
bald and delicious ;DDDDDDDD

=( i dun like stupid thread buH! it sounds like pokegal ;_; dont be like pokegal muckyfinger! it's bad! :~ ;-; so maraish

Yayayaya Gagagaga Dadadada Wowowowo!! :rolling:

And uhh, for your question Mr.Mucky, I'm not sure myself. ph34r.gif
Toodles
I like Banchan chubby instead of super super skinny... It makes her look human, at least. And she looks adorable. I think it would have to be around the GOH era, too, although I'm not sure exactly when.

@Infiniation: LOL I just noticed your sig said Namida Porori!!! Hahahaha~
davus0
QUOTE(muckyfingers)
QUOTE(davus0)
You do well not to dwell on a surface description of someone's dream that they dashed off on a forum.

I wasn't dwelling on anything

That was directed at DCTU.
SilverAutomatic
I'm not trying to be a jackass or nothin, I'm just saying - it sounded slightly creepy. Maybe that's only because of where I live and stuff like that where questions such as that arn't something the average person just asks slightly out of the blue.
Soul Reaver
Hey, hey... Chubby-chan is cute. Its not bad weight.
Infiniation
QUOTE(Toodles)
I like Banchan chubby instead of super super skinny... It makes her look human, at least. And she looks adorable. I think it would have to be around the GOH era, too, although I'm not sure exactly when.

@Infiniation: LOL I just noticed your sig said Namida Porori!!! Hahahaha~

I know lol, Yahiko told Andu to tell Andu's friend to put that. :rolling:

I think it's pretty cool tho. Namida Porori!! :mrgreen:
green
in response to the original question, i think she was the most chubby near her solo debut actually. in this picture from Mina magazine about her debut, she looks chubbier than the GoH period. i think people think she looked chubbier during the GoH period was because of her short haircut. it made her face look rounder.

user posted image
Shigure
QUOTE(green)
in response to the original question, i think she was the most chubby near her solo debut actually. in this picture from Mina magazine about her debut, she looks chubbier than the GoH period. i think people think she looked chubbier during the GoH period was because of her short haircut. it made her face look rounder.

I think exactly the same. In Farewell and Hold me PV's she is in her most chubby visual. And I also don't see any problem with a question like that.

Ban-chan is kawaii not just for her visual, but for the natural way she really is. Her smile is the catchiest thing I ever seen, the way she speaks... everything is cute. And her voice has improved these days, and that's what really matter.

But I can't deny that her most beautiful visual was in Deep Forest Tour days. *-* Awesome.
davus0
So basically, her plumpest-looking as a superlative is totally subjective =O

Hanyou: It wasn't out of the blue. It was on a board that is surely imbricated with the culture of monitoring celebrities' appearances.
virilevocalist
but her beauty is absolute.
ANNA
Ban-chan is a wonderful person inside and outside!!! :bunlove:
yuubae
QUOTE(ANNA)
Ban-chan is a wonderful person inside and outside!!!  :bunlove:

Agreed. What I love about Ban-chan, besides her voice, is her style and the way she's so naturally beautiful, like what was said before. She doesn't always look the happiest during her "chubbier days," though.
ainouta
she is chubby here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7ZgGCf1Q1g

even her tummy is big ! tummy ko!

yes chubby or not i still wub her its what in the inside that counts!
davus0
QUOTE(virilevocalist)
but her beauty is absolute.

it's the form of what changes
muckyfingers
QUOTE(ainouta)
she is chubby here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7ZgGCf1Q1g

even her tummy is big ! tummy ko!

yes chubby or not i still wub her its what in the inside that counts!

oh wow totally, but shes still cute
tomikolover
She's kinda chubby now.
yuubae
Hey, does anyone think Ban-chan is still as playful as she was as, say, the Welcome! PV? She was so cute in that video (but that wasn't the only one). ^-^
virilevocalist
more cushion for the pushin. :naughty: wub.gif
SilverAutomatic
QUOTE(yuubae)
Hey, does anyone think Ban-chan is still as playful as she was as, say, the Welcome! PV?  She was so cute in that video (but that wasn't the only one).  ^-^

What about backstage at the 2004 live? Didn't she run through the halls yelling?

I still think she is, maybe even slightly more-so now.
yuubae
QUOTE(HanyouDCTU)
QUOTE(yuubae)
Hey, does anyone think Ban-chan is still as playful as she was as, say, the Welcome! PV?  She was so cute in that video (but that wasn't the only one).  ^-^

What about backstage at the 2004 live? Didn't she run through the halls yelling?

I still think she is, maybe even slightly more-so now.

Oh, is that from when she was in NY? I didn't see that performace, but sounds like Ban-chan. smile.gif
SilverAutomatic
It wasn't when she was in NY, but if you get the DVD that shows thoes clips, it's right before they start playing when they get back to Japan.

It'll start with her punching the camera to her running around backstage. I have no clue what she's yelling (incert sameless plee for translation here) but she seems to be playing and excited.
Stovila
chubbiest i ever seen, mahou no kotoba clip, with that pink dress (not the white one)

The skiniest... tangerine dream PV
lone-wolf
threading on dangerous water here
green
QUOTE(HanyouDCTU)
It wasn't when she was in NY, but if you get the DVD that shows thoes clips, it's right before they start playing when they get back to Japan.

It'll start with her punching the camera to her running around backstage. I have no clue what she's yelling (incert sameless plee for translation here) but she seems to be playing and excited.

from what i recall, she was yelling, "MOM~!!! DAD~!!!" ("kaasan~!!! otousan~!!!)

very wacky. XD
inuchan
QUOTE(muckyfingers)
but when has ban chan been her chubbiest? tongue.gif don't get me wrong, she doesnt look ugly or anything (she always is hot lol) but i was wondering what era was it when she looked her chubbiest? and any pics? thanks in advance.

hmmm i would say that her short hair moments highlighted her cheecks ^^

Banchan's face is round and sweet, I guess it's whatis part of her beauty: a face that attracts the eye, not because of outrageous make-up, but because it could be your best friend's face :bigthumb:
xtraine01
exercise is good for your health.....chubby chubby chubby????????

she stil looks cute to me..happy.gif
tomikolover
I think In Tangerine Dream she looked too skinny, she looked kind of tired and ill. In Hi no Ataru Saka michi she looked just right and soooo beautiful , especially with her hair so long. :oops:
avan_piper
watch all the vids in the Do The A-Side DVD and you'll see her evolve...

but i dont mind her chubbiness as long as she's still got the voice.

tho i definitely do miss her Hi no Ataru Sakamichi period around those times...i tink the way she styled her hair in there looks PERFECT!!!

now...i wonder of we'll see her evolve back to those days... 8)
jayacr
Van is gorgeous... her beauty is so natural... she has tons of carisma... i ve being watching the Last Live for the last week and i m astonished by how cute she is... you just love her... chubby or thin... Van is unique.
muckyfingers
i like her kinda thick . . . but she's beautiful either way.
k3-
It's the music for me.

She's not bad looking but there are many others better looking than her.

*hides*
davus0
I dunno I think even her superficial beauty is unusually deep. You keep noticing new subtleties but someone else might find that to be true equally of Ayumi or Koda Kumi
Benny
Her superficial beauty is actually completely unknown to us really, we are just obsessed fans but we still don't really really know Banchan at all. We know she's a good singer, we know various little 'traits' but other then that nothing...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.