Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F.E.A.R.
Do As Infinity Forum > Downtown > Anime & Game Center
SilverAutomatic
NOTE: If you have not played any part of F.E.A.R. then let me warn you; this may contain spoilers depending on your position to start with. Really; its all subjective.

What is F.E.A.R.?

So, who's played it so far? Its a great game with lots of wtf moments. I'm still trying to figure a few things out about Alama [the little girl that causes most of my wtf moments]. But i'm still amazed by the enemy AI. They're smart s.o.b's arn't they? The story is great and the graphics are awsome! [But only if you have a good machine - and by good - i'm talkin Alienware and stuff like that - NEVER XPS!]

Sounds are spooky and if you have guts, you'll wear headphones and play in a dark corner of your house - all alone. I dunno why some people are blasting this game saying that its boring - I couldn't put the damn thing down for three hours. Even if I spent most my time wondering what the hell was going to jump out at me next.

Anyone else have it/play it?
uchiha yinchi
this game scared the living shit out of me. i got it for christmas and i found out that i can't play it in the dark, or alone. i almost crapped myself when i was on the roof and the dude jumped out and hit me with the gun.
SilverAutomatic
lmao - you too huh? I still say that little girl is way more scarier. Not only that, but what about that whole walking dead thing? Brrr, scary stuff.
uchiha yinchi
i kinda stopped playing after that...
SilverAutomatic
Get back in it! While you'll probably scare yourself lots more times along the way - its a great game to play!
iTelligence
when i played halo, i thought that those floods were scary. but, now i play half life 2, --> half dead creatures scare me.
SilverAutomatic
lol - i'll admit, Half Life 2 gave me some good scares. Then freaken zombia things are creepy as hell!
Imaginary Buddie
I've been wanting to play FEAR but my vid card only supports up to directx 8.1 =o( . As soon as i build a new comp in a couple months, i'll get it for sure!!
Dinaluban61
F.E.A.R., even though I'm not really into the new FPS games, was pretty interesting. Even though they play out the adrenaline mode [aka bullet time] alot it still seems like a great game. Although, I've only watched my friend play it, it looks awesome. Sometimes the enemy characters can seriously get owned, like the blowing up of heads, blowing away of the knee caps, etc. I also think the melee is pretty cool too, hehe.
SilverAutomatic
And that hand-2-hand engine has to be a first for its kind! lol - enemies get pwned often either by you or alama - lmao
uchiha yinchi
i love going slow mo and doing a jump kick
iTelligence
QUOTE(Imaginary Buddie)
I've been wanting to play FEAR but my vid card only supports up to directx 8.1 =o( .  As soon as i build a new comp in a couple months, i'll get it for sure!!

Half Life 2 doesn't require good video card. My computer's 5 years old & it can play it.
SilverAutomatic
QUOTE(iTelligence)
QUOTE(Imaginary Buddie)
I've been wanting to play FEAR but my vid card only supports up to directx 8.1 =o( .  As soon as i build a new comp in a couple months, i'll get it for sure!!

Half Life 2 doesn't require good video card. My computer's 5 years old & it can play it.

Yah but who has what card? Some cards from that long ago won't [don't] support DirectX 8.0 or above. Doesn't fear and HL2 require DirectX 9.0c?
Patrician
QUOTE(HanyouDCTU)
QUOTE(iTelligence)
QUOTE(Imaginary Buddie)
I've been wanting to play FEAR but my vid card only supports up to directx 8.1 =o( .  As soon as i build a new comp in a couple months, i'll get it for sure!!

Yah but who has what card? Some cards from that long ago won't [don't] support DirectX 8.0 or above. Doesn't fear and HL2 require DirectX 9.0c?

Not really, HL2 is well optimized...and you can even play it in DX7 mode, but if you want to have HDR enabled in upcoming expansion HL2: Episode 1, you definitely need DX9 card
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.