Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inuyasha question
Do As Infinity Forum > Downtown > Anime & Game Center
GaryDAI
I am thinking of trying this anime out, but I have a few questions about it first. Please becareful with the spoilers too :rolling:

Does it follow the manga closely?
Is the manga still going?
Are there alot fillers?
Does the ending absolutely suck?!?!?! <---------------most important :rolling:

Thanks!! :bowdown:
tulron41
i've seen bits and pieces, and from what i heard from a friend the ending was very disappointing, but i have no idea since i only know the beginning storyline (up to like 60)

I know that it has lots and lots of DAI songs, i think....*thinks hard* 2nd ending song, 2nd movie ending song, 5th ending song? and theres another one somewhere.

fukai mori, Shinjitsu no uta and Rakuen
HeartlessCloud
Not just a lot of Do As Infinity songs, all of the ending themes and licenced tracks belong to Avex. Avex mode is responsible for the music.
I don't read the manga, but I think you should try it out. There are a few filler episodes, but it's never too much, and never all at once. If anything, there aren't really many fillers because they mostly help develop the characters more.
I haven't seen the end, but I don't think that's as important because the actually progression and everything is just fun. The latest season that's running on [adult swim] is pretty weak, but everything else is very good.
If nothing else, try out the first two seasons, They're the fastest and keep introducing the cooler characters for the rest of the series.
EienDAIfan5d9
1) Sorta. It switches on and off.
2) Yup. Anime isn't, though.
3) Too many. All of season 5 (or was it 4???) is fillers.
4) Yup.

I give the anime 3/10 and the manga a 6/10. Sorry, but the anime just sucks. The only reason it got a 3/10 is because it has Do As Infinity theme songs. :rolling:
mavrick_45
oh god, as soon as inuchan gets back......*hides*

i liked it. but i live in illinois and when i first started watching it, i didnt have anything to compare it to really. but now that i have expanded my anime ..... watching....thingy...
i still like it, just not as much anymore.

of course i do have to give it credit for introducing this past n00b to DAI and this forum....

so really, without it, i wouldnt be your loving adminstrator :wink:
GaryDAI
I don't think I'm going to give this anime a try, after reading your opinions on it :tongue: I can't stand bad endings sleep.gif

Fillers don't bother me that much.........unless it's a Naruto filler :rolling: Just 20 or so to go :buncry:
EienDAIfan5d9
QUOTE(GaryDAI)
I don't think I'm going to give this anime a try, after reading your opinions on it  :tongue:  I can't stand bad endings sleep.gif

Fillers don't bother me that much.........unless it's a Naruto filler  :rolling: Just 20 or so to go  :buncry:

Well, you can try, but just skip the fillers because the fillers are completely STUPID! It's usually just a love story between two characters. It's dumb.

And the ending sucks.

SPOILER:
Actually not much of a spoiler, but anyway scroll down if you want to see.

They basically say "We'll never give up chasing after Naraku and the Sacred Jewel Shards!" and walk off into the sun set. Not literally but close enough. It is a VERY dumb ending.

=P
clementine_dream
I kinda stopped at the end of the second box set (yea, the blag copies -.- ). I'm perfectly happy just reading the manga, of which i'm up to volume 10.
Kyoyama_Tomiko
yay inu, i liked it...and actually Rakuen was the song for the last inu movie (which was the 4th)...
Infiniation
Ahh, I like this show, but I do prefer the manga better though.

@Kyoyama_Tomiko: Oh yeah! Rakuen, zomg, I sang that at my school talent show... but anyways what a great DAI song I'd have to say :bigthumb:
GaryDAI
Since I'm spoiling myself.....how does the manga end :rolling:
Arika
The manga is still running. And it's far better than the anime, of course, what did ya expect? :tongue: But I think the anime still deserves a chance. The fillers can get a tad annoying but if you can plow past them the development is pretty good, plus the animation gets prettier afer episode 98 XD Since the anime ending was merely a milestone in the manga, I expect a good show when the manga does come to a close.

Oh! It's pretty stupid to give it a dazzling 3/10 just for its ENDING THEMES (that you can buy/download on their own and not watch the anime). Come on. -.-" At least rate it for you not liking it's story or something.
EienDAIfan5d9
QUOTE(Arika)
The manga is still running. And it's far better than the anime, of course, what did ya expect?  :tongue: But I think the anime still deserves a chance. The fillers can get a tad annoying but if you can plow past them the development is pretty good, plus the animation gets prettier afer episode 98 XD Since the anime ending was merely a milestone in the manga, I expect a good show when the manga does come to a close.

Oh! It's pretty stupid to give it a dazzling 3/10 just for its ENDING THEMES (that you can buy/download on their own and not watch the anime). Come on. -.-\" At least rate it for you not liking it's story or something.

Fine. I give it a 1/10 now. :rolling:
Kyoyama_Tomiko
=_= that is just wrong
inuchan
QUOTE(mavrick_45)
oh god, as soon as inuchan gets back......*hides*

i liked it. but i live in illinois and when i first started watching it, i didnt have anything to compare it to really. but now that i have expanded my anime ..... watching....thingy...
i still like it, just not as much anymore.

of course i do have to give it credit for introducing this past n00b to DAI and this forum....

so really, without it, i wouldnt be your loving adminstrator  :wink:

and without Inuyasha, i wouldn't be here either ! :rolling:

EDIT: just read the end spoiler: is it really how it all ends? :buncry: *duh*

("oh god"?? what is sthis suppused to mean ?? :rolling: :devil: )

ah i see this has been well discussed before, but anyway here's my 2 cents ^^

The whole problem with Inuyasha, imo, is that it stretches away the story too much, getting back to old tricks all the time, again and again... (love triangle, shikon shards, unfolding misteries, gags), and the popularity around the series/movies.

the char design is good, as well as the monsters design in the manga (Takahashi Rumiko being a fan of monsters : the inuyasha series is a crossing between her romantic sagas like Maison Ikkoku, gags a la Ranma 1/2 and "Rumic's world", a more gorish, Japanese ghost and monsters based series)

I woudl say that all in all, I like the manga best (no fillers ehehehe :wink: )

I haven't seen enough episodes, nor the ending, to judge it thouroufully....But as my anime knowledge widens, I must admit this is not the best ... I woudl say that a serie like Ranma 1/2, though really old-fashioned, has more fun and imagination inside (the comic situations are so far fectched it becomes tripping and spacey on its onw, and the secondary charachters (Shampoo, Koron, Ryoga, ..) gets even better than the basic plot itself

All in all : Inuyasha is good, but it's better when it stops ^^

:bigthumb:
Shaunie_v2
Being formally known as INUYASHA2OOO, I won't let this happen... InuYasha deserves more credit then you all are giving it. Sure it might not stay true to the manga that much and maybe too many filler episodes. But too many people look for the bad things in life. InuYasha also had some good character relationships. Fights were pretty good, and InuYasha is cool! He wasn't your typical hero he just wakes up fighting evil to save the day! Of course, I wouldn't have found this place if not for InuYasha or J-POP for that matter. But you should give the anime/manga a chance and not go based off what everyone says, even me. The first time I saw it was the episode with the Toad Demon. Me, my friend, cousin, and brother flamed the hell out of the show. But I heard the ending song and was like... "Maybe I'll watch it to see the ending song again." Soon enough, I started getting interested in the show, I didn't tell them that until I found out that they secretly watched it too! The manga is better for sure, but hey, to each his own. :eyesroll:
Mara
Inuyasha is awesome...just guys think of it as the TV series that made DoAs even more succesful :bunlove:
Kyoyama_Tomiko
i wub inuyasha :bunlove: isnt he hot...:drool: ...also his bro :drool: :rolling:
ANNA
I like Inuyasha but I prefer Maison Ikkoku! :bunlove:

I'm old! :buncry:
SSJ Jup81
I have a question now, can someone name all of the openings/endings used for the show and the movies? I'm trying to update my Inuyasha list and I know I'm a bit behind music wise.
Arika
From my site...and I thought no one cared...XD

First Opening: \"Change the World\"
Performed by: V6 (Ken Miyake, Go Morita, Junichi Okada, Masayuki Sakamoto, Yoshihiko Inohara, and Hiroshi Nagano)
Single Released: October 25, 2000
Episodes Aired: 1-34

First Ending: \"My Will\"
Performed by: DREAM (Mai Matsumuro, Yu Hasebe, and Kana Tachibana)
Single Released: March 28, 2001
Episodes Aired: 1-20, 166-167

Second Ending: \"Fukai Mori\"
Performed by: Do as Infinity (Tomiko Van, Ryo Owatari, and Dai Nagao)
Single Released: June 6, 2001
Episodes Aired: 21-41

Second Opening: \"I Am\"
Performed by: hitomi
Single Released: October 24, 2001
Episodes Aired: 35-64

Third Ending: \"Dearest\"
Performed by: Ayumi Hamasaki
Single Released: September 27, 2001
Episodes Aired: 42-60

Fourth Ending: \"Every Heart ~Minna no Kimochi~\"
Performed by: BoA Kwon
Single Released: March 3, 2002
Episodes Aired: 61-85

Third Opening: \"Owarinai Yume\"
Performed by: Nanase Aikawa
Single Released: April 8, 2002
Episodes Aired: 65-95

Fifth Ending: \"Shinjitsu no Uta\"
Performed by: Do as Infinity (Tomiko Van, Ryo Owatari, and Dai Nagao)
Single Released: October 30, 2002
Episodes Aired: 86-108

Fourth Opening: \"Grip!\"
Performed by: Every Little Thing (Kaori Mochida and Ichiro Ito)
Single Released: March 12, 2003
Episodes Aired: 96-127

Sixth Ending: \"Itazurana no Kiss\"
Performed by: Day After Tomorrow
Single Released: July 24, 2003
Episodes Aired: 109-127

Fifth Opening: \"One Day, One Dream\"
Performed by: Tackey & Tsubasa (Tsubasa Imai and Hideaki Takizawa)
Single Released: February 18, 2004
Episodes Aired: 128-153

Seventh Ending: \"Come\"
Performed by: Namie Amuro
Single Released: October 25, 2003 on \"SO CRAZY\" single
Episodes Aired: 128-148

Eighth Ending: \"Brand-New World\"
Performed by: V6
Single Released: ?
Episodes Aired: 149-165

Sixth Opening: \"Angelus\"
Performed by: Hitomi Shimatani
Single Released: ?
Episodes Aired: 154-167

Insert Song (Episode 124): \"Sotsugyou ~Sayonara Wa Ashita Na Tame Ni~\"
Performed by: Tackey & Tsubasa (Tsubasa Imai and Hideaki Takizawa)
Single Released: February 26, 2003 on \"To be, to be, ten made to be\" single

Inuyasha: Toki o Koeru Omoi
(Feelings that Transcend Time)

Ending Theme: \"No More Words\"
Performed by: Ayumi Hamasaki
Released: Toki o Koeru Omoi Original Soundtrack

Inuyasha: Kagami no Naka no Mugenjou
(The Dream Castle in the Mirror)

Opening: \"Yura Yura\"
Single Released: March 12, 2003

Ending: \"Ai no Uta\"
Single Released: December 18, 2002 on \"Untitled 4 Ballads\"

Inuyasha: Tenka Hadou no Ken
(The Sword of the World Conquest)

Theme: \"Four Seasons\"
Performed by: Namie Amuro
Released: December 10, 2003 on album \"STYLE\"

Inuyasha: Guren no Houraijima
(\"The Flaming Red Hourai Island\").

Theme: \"Rakuen\"
Performed by: Do As Infinity
Released: December 1, 2004
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.