Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smoking?
Do As Infinity Forum > Headquarters > Van Tomiko
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
~Kairi~
Does Van-chan really smoke? :confused: :dunno: :confused: :dunno:
mahinhin
I think I saw a pic of her smoke. I can't remember where it is though.
Mara
QUOTE(~Kairi~)
Does Van-chan really smoke?   :confused:  :dunno:  :confused:  :dunno:

I wanna know that, too :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
~Kairi~
WHOA!!! How come nobody told me Van-Chan smokes!? *curious*
Ziyte
Supposedly she does now but I don't think she used to.

I know back when DAI performed in the USA someone said they saw her outside with a cigarette. Someone also said they saw her holding a cigarette on one of the more recent concert DVDs.

It's not confirmed because if she does smoke, she doesn't do it out in the open like Gackt or HYDE for example but I wouldn't be surprised if she really does smoke though.
Mara
QUOTE(Ziyte)
Supposedly she does now but I don't think she used to.

I know back when DAI performed in the USA someone said they saw her outside with a cigarette. Someone also said they saw her holding a cigarette on one of the more recent concert DVDs.

It's not confirmed because if she does smoke, she doesn't do it out in the open like Gackt or HYDE for example but I wouldn't be surprised if she really does smoke though.

no...ban-chan's not the type who smokes...I hate smokers...it's just unmature to throw ur health away...my aunt and grandma died because of that...how can ban-chan do this to me...no......no.......no..........NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Kairi~
:eek: Van-Chan gone bad... :eek: :eek: :eek:
Ziyte
Smoking is more accepted in the Japanese culture than it is in others. Well, at least that's true for the US. For one thing, they aren't bombarded with TV, magazine and radio advertisements every 5 minutes disparaging smoking like we are over here.

It's killed a few family members of mine too but :dunno: There are/were all adults.

Only reason I believe the rumor, is because she's got those "smoker eyes" now. They're kinda like bags under your eyes. My uncle had them...
Mara
QUOTE(Ziyte)
Smoking is more accepted in the Japanese culture than it is in others. Well, at least that's true for the US. For one thing, they are bombarded with TV, magazine and radio advertisements every 5 minutes disparaging smoking like we are over here.

It's killed a few family members of mine too but :dunno: There are/were all adults.

Only reason I believe the rumor, is because she's got those \"smoker eyes\" now. They're kinda like bags under your eyes. My uncle had them...

Oh gosh ....ur right :buncry: :buncry: :buncry: :buncry: :buncry:
~Kairi~
I know! That is true...
I noticed how she looked different... In For The Future and Rakuen PV's...
a_dai
In spain you will not see any tv, radio or street ad. I think it's forbidden. There's not tobacco machine in the street.

About Ban-Chan, well, it's her own decision, I think.
virilevocalist
doesn't bug me. she's an adult. she can make her own decisions. it's not like people in japan don't know that it can cause mouth and lung cancer.
~Kairi~
But why do it if your know you are killing yourself?
Sheeeesh people are stupid... ><
It kinda bothers me... ><
Pink Spider
I don't care if she smokes really , it's her life, as virilevocalist said , she's an adult. Now everything in this world gives you cancer. :eyesroll:
EienDAIfan5d9
Yes, it bothers me, but there's nothing I can do, and if it makes her happy, go for it. Anything that makes Tomiko happy is fine with me.

Also, it's not like we're her husbands or anything. We can't tell her how to live her life.
Yahiko
QUOTE(~Kairi~)
But why do it if your know you are killing yourself?
Sheeeesh people are stupid... ><
It kinda bothers me... ><

I agree.. but many ppl smokes.. but i'd get a bit disappointed if i know that tomiko smokes T_T
~Kairi~
Exactly! Took the words right out of my mouth!!! T_T
Yahiko
tomiko is the model of good things and healthy life T,T if tomiko smokes i'll smoke too :bunsmoke:
davus0
QUOTE(virilevocalist)
doesn't bug me. she's an adult. she can make her own decisions. it's not like people in japan don't know that it can cause mouth and lung cancer.

God dammit.

Yeah, anyone can decide anything. That fact is fine in itself.

That does not make smoking less wrong--when you depend on your voice (and to a lesser extent your looks), when you know that it is hazardous, when you know that you matter a lot to your friends and family not to mention a lot of random strangers (and that doesn't just go for celebrities--anyone and everyone can be a cause of someone else's joy without even intending).

Sorry if this comes off as really offensive, but I think the 'live and let die' attitude that gets passed off as an adequate or correct form of judgment is really symptomatic of so much that is wrong with how people treat each other in so-called free society.

I'm not saying that it's right to get upset about :tomiko: smoking. But I do think it is appropriate to lament the fact that her smoking is bad rather than rationalize 'Well she is an adult' as if that meant all decisions are the same...
clementine_dream
Now they're gonna say alcohol is bad for you. Fob won't be happy about that one. :tongue: :rolling:
davus0
do the right thing

In a nutshell...
Yahiko
QUOTE(davus0)
do the right thing

In a nutshell...

A good name for the next DAi's album :rolling:
davus0
do the breakup

...do the comeback (or, do the come baaaaack! :cry:)
~Kairi~
QUOTE(Yahiko)
tomiko is the model of good things and healthy life T,T if tomiko smokes i'll smoke too  :bunsmoke:

Ahahahaaa! Ayumi Doesn't smoke! So I'm not going too either she is the model!!! :bunspark:
What if Van-chan smoking had something to do with them breaking up... O_O!
avan_piper
for me, i dont really care whether she smokes or not.

it's her life, as long as smoking doesn't do anything THAT bad to her yet, i wont mind.

It's not like we can cntrol her lifestyle or anything.
Kyoyama_Tomiko
....lol to all the previous comments....I quitted smoking ...it was something that lasted less than a month...i remember i begun smoking the day DAI performed Honjitsu wa Seiten Nari in Pop Jam...i remember, cause while i was smoking, i wanted to get a glowstick to party along to the transmission of PJ xD ...anyways...sleep.gif' i quitted smoking a month later because of a powerful promise i still keep on...adults do whatevr they want to do with their lifes...so if Tomiko smokes....well, i feel sad for her lungs and probably will affect her voice in the long term sad.gif
~Kairi~
Yeah... :buncry:
Poor Van-Chan...
I wonder why she would start smoking... :buncry:
linku
She doesn't seem the type to smoke. I mean, wouldn't her voice go REALLY bad?
Kyoyama_Tomiko
QUOTE(linku)

oh yeah!, smokers are usually with problems in throat and spitting around sleep.gif
virilevocalist
the lungs of a coal miner.

user posted image
~Kairi~
O_O OMG...
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!!!
virilevocalist
shock often helps motivate people to break the habit.
Yahiko
maybe tomiko began to smoke from their travel to NY bcoz after it her voice changed O.O
Kyoyama_Tomiko
QUOTE(virilevocalist)
the lungs of a coal miner.

eeeeeeeeeek x_X....anyways, what if we show that to tomiko van...maybe that way she changes her mind about smoking :wink:
Ukiha
Well smoking is normal in Japan. Its not frowned upon or anything and it sometimes is usually expected to smoke and drink at social gatherings.

Also an intressting tibit I found staying up late watching infomercials. The guy was trying to advertise a dietary supplement pill and said something like "Japan has the highest smoking percentage per capita, but the least deaths from it" or something like that, It was a while back....

Anyways he then said, his theory on this was the food they eat. Japanese people have good diets and tend to be very healthy, and he beleived the the mixture of raw fish and seaweed (Sushi) was like counter acting the symptoms of smoking or something.

I didnt really pay attention because at the beginning of his speech, he said he wasnt a doctor :eyesroll:

I've been too lazy to research, but does anyone know if his theory may be true?
virilevocalist
that could have been just a way to sell the dietary supplement pills. :tongue:

I don't think that's very true. Once carcinogens get into your lungs, all kinds of clusterfuck can happen to your lungs later on.

In fact there was a recent study in Norway that regular smokers have triple to quadruple more chance of getting lung cancer or lung disease.
Toodles
QUOTE(linku)

Exactly what I was thinking... :dunno:
Tangerine Dreamer
Not necessarily ... it takes a while to really build up, particularly since Ban doesn't seem to be a heavy smoker. Example: to bring up Jason Mraz again, he seems to smoke a lot -- at least, he does it openly -- and I've only in the last couple years started to hear it affect his voice, which through it all is still damn good.

But anyway, yeah, smoking is way acceptable in Japan. I believe they have one of the highest smoking rates in the world. You still shouldn't do it, though. sleep.gif
Kirin_Rammer
I'm fine wif the fact that Van-chan's smoking, but I do hope that she's one of those casual smokers (like me). I would worry for her health if she smokes too much. :bunsmoke:
Kyoyama_Tomiko
Thats why i said that in the long term it will affect her voice...*sigh* sad.gif
Infiniation
Wowie, I nevur knew that... :eek:

-Infiniation
davus0
My understanding is that lung cancer is a fairly subjective proposition: A certain number of mutations is required for cells to become cancerous, and how many of those mutations you're born with, or otherwise have already from other environmental factors--luck of the draw. Some people can smoke for decades and decades and never get it; some people need only a little more environmental stimulus like smoking to reach that threshold number of mutations.

The thing about a lesser proportion of Japanese who smoke dying from it is interesting. But Japanese have greater absolute longevity too, and the isolation and the context of a single factor are two different matters... You cannot bottle an environment, nor can you be sure that everyone's environment is exactly the same and when it comes to the still rather mysterious agencies of cancer, you can easily overlook what turns out to be the crucial detail
tito
I guess smoking did affect her unique pitch of voice... :buncry: :buncry:

Isn't it true that Japanese smokers are somehow different with the other smokers in the world? I mean, they are still living old and long, right?
Kyoyama_Tomiko
*nods again*...for some reason they still have a good average on life expectancy...maybe has something to do with tofu and shoyu xD
yuubae
I heard someone on here say in a different thread once that Ban-chan started smoking and cut her hair because she thought she was getting too fat. I couldn't believe it! She is GORGEOUS. Always. I really lose respect for people who smoke. My family is European, and all but maybe one or two of my uncles smoke. One of my uncles had two strokes from it. I wish Tomiko wouldn't subject herself to smoking... Her voice sounds a little more hoarse lately...

Most people in Japan and Europe have better health than Americans because of their diets and lifestyles. They eat much healthier stuff all the time (sushi, etc), and generally they're more active. Plus, it's probably something in the genes, too. If anyone knows Hyde from L'Arc~en~Ciel, he is 37, been a heavy smoker for many years, and GOOD GOD LOOK AT HIS FACE *droool* :

(left)
user posted image

He's one of the lucky ones, I guess, but he has been said to look like he's having a harder time now hitting the notes he used to. I just wish that Ban-chan wouldn't have to result to smoking. I don't like it.
mroneder
What??! Hyde is 37? I never knew that!

Anyway I think Ban-chan has stopped smoking. She definitely looks better these days. Also, those weight gains she had could be the result of her trying to quit (smoking increases metabolism). Come to think of it her weight gain and loss over these couple of years seems to follow the trend of yo-yo dieting... :dunno:
yuubae
*stil drooling over Hyde...*

I hope she quit. Maybe she just smokes when she is stressed out or something, once in a while. I guess you call that casual smoking? I don't know. Maybe she did quit. :dunno:
Yahiko
QUOTE(Toodles)
QUOTE(linku)

Exactly what I was thinking... :dunno:

look at my sig :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

(Tomiko just get a cigarette and Ryo is mad)
d1v3 at 1t
hahahaha

reminds me of a doujinshi of Haibane Renmei.... :rolling:
Tangerine Dreamer

Hyde is 37?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.