Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Have you ever been in auto accident
Do As Infinity Forum > Downtown > Kit Kat Jam
Pages: 1, 2
nevets1219
We won't discuss who's fault it was smile.gif but I'm interested to hear if you have or haven't. Describe it if you can.

I'll list mine:

1) I was passenger. Exiting supermarket making a left turn. As we turn a car zooms by and takes out our front bumper

2) I was driver. Going a little too fast around a 90 degree curve. Speed limit adviced 20mph and I was going 50 something. Clipped the wall with front right bumper (after going up the curb) - damaged the rims too as well as popped both right side tires. If i had half a lane more I woulda made it.

3) Hit from behind (both as passenger and as driver). Both times we were stopped at a red light.

I'm sure there are maybe more - but I can't remember them.
mojo shivers
Twice. Once the recepient and once the guilty party.
azwethinkweiz
zero
ikuni-web
One too many times for me... people like to hit me from the back (and I was driving). I've never hit someone yet, though.

And once many years ago when I was in high school, my sister took my mom's car and we went driving (she was driving). And she %(^$#%^&@ my mom's car... and my parents didn't even care. That pissed me off. They yell at me for everything, and she smashes the car, and nothing happens to her. They didn't ground her or anything. They're just like 'oh well'.
:mad:
mavrick_45
once i smashed my truck into another truck
then when i was w/my friend (he was drivin) and we smashed into A COW!
Chemical-Dreamer
a lot of times, specially when I was in CHina
inuchan
i was kinda the "passenger"...

at age 3, i was playing near the wheels of my dad's car (dun ask why ^^).

as he was gonna get the car out of the garage, he felt like a "bump" near the wheels. That was me, I had fell under the car, and if my dad hadn't braked full stop, i wouldn't have been here anymore....

And believe me my dad isn't known to be a slow driver.....

I don't remember a single things out of it, but my mom told me they both were pretty shocked ^ ^

reading Mav's "cow accident"......

the funniest accident that happened to a member of me family was when my cousin seen a horse actually sitting down on her car. When she told the police, they hardly believed her.....
Chemical-Dreamer
QUOTE(inuchan)
i was kinda the \"passenger\"...

as he was gonna get the car out of the garage, he felt like a \"bump\" near the wheels. That was me, I had fell under the car, and if my dad hadn't braked full stop, i wouldn't have been here anymore....

I don't remember a single things out of it, but my mom told me they both were pretty shocked ^ ^

reading Mav's \"cow accident\"......

the funniest accident that happened to a member of me family was when my cousin seen a horse actually sitting down on her car. When she told the police, they hardly believed her.....

Hhhmmm you must be putting pin nails on your fathers car :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
inuchan
QUOTE(Chemical-Dreamer)
QUOTE(inuchan)

as he was gonna get the car out of the garage, he felt like a \"bump\" near the wheels. That was me, I had fell under the car, and if my dad hadn't braked full stop, i wouldn't have been here anymore....

Hhhmmm you must be putting pin nails on your fathers car :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

:rolling:

looks like it worked, hopefully..^^ :wink:
ciahcra
Both!

As a driver:

1.I hit this one girl when I tried to take a sharp corner on 80Km\h. She was admitted to hospital with broken arm. My driving license was suspended for 6 month......

2. I tried to take over my friend's car, but I don't realised the 2 lanes road become 1 lane, so my car hit the divider and flip over about 2-3 times, before it hits the tree. My friend who sitted beside me was admitted to hospital because he was throw out from the car, and hit the other tree......

3. I hit kanggaroo.......

As a passenger:

1. My friend hit a road divider, and broke the front wheel.
2. A motorcyclist hit my friend's car, his helmet smashed the window, and some glasses scratched my face....
3. My dad hit some other car......
Chemical-Dreamer
QUOTE(inuchan)
QUOTE(Chemical-Dreamer)
QUOTE(inuchan)

:rolling:

looks like it worked, hopefully..^^ :wink:

Yeah the bump that your dad felt must be the nail :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
small_saint
so far no.. I hope nv..
mroneder
zilch
Kirin_Rammer
Yup, I was sitting at the front seat at the second storey of a double-deck bus. The bus crashed into a tree, the glass was smashed and I got glass bits pierced on both my arms, and one of the tree's branches scratches past my face. The front part of the bus was deformed, so my legs got stuck....

Anyway, I was in a bloody mess. But then, I was discharged from the hospital after only spending half a day there. :grin:
FOBulous
Hit a parked car when I was 16. :buncry: And it was on my own street which is only around 50 yards long. :buncry: The story I told the cops was I was reaching for a tape. unsure.gif That's the story I'm sticking with.
nevets1219
Luckily for me I haven't hit any animals (many insects) or cars (parked or otherwise)
FOBulous
:mad: *shakes fists at nevets*
nevets1219
well, I haven't been too lucky with walls though...and they say most accidents happen within a couple mile of one's residence. I think I've hit walls like twice - objects need to be moving in order for me to pay attention to it, if it isn't moving why bother :dunno:
FOBulous
Then if we ever do another DAI forum CA meet up, remind me not to ride with you. :bigthumb:
nevets1219
aww - all my friends hate riding with me - I don't really understand why. I mean I'm a little hard on the acceleration and braking but I drive much smoother and safer than they do. Sure I may not brake when I'm suppose to but that is much more fun than riding the breaks. I've only been ticketed once if that helps (going 85 on the 10 freeway whatever the speed limit is).
ken-sama
Been in 2 accidents. Both of them while I was driving my parents cars. :bigthumb: :bigthumb:
FOBulous
It's 65 mph. And the way that freeway is always traffic, everyone else must have been going 35 to 40 mph. So yeah, you probably deserved that ticket...
nevets1219
OK, it was 7 in the morning and I was heading EAST so not much traffic and I got caught by the police on motorcycles so I didn't get enough of a warning. Why would you say I derserve ticket :buncry: people should get ticketed for going too slow
FOBulous
:rolling: Haha... Because you're one of those crazy guys weaving in and out of the lanes. Besides, I'm one of those guys in an SUV driving 65 mph in the fast lane. :wink:
nevets1219
usually I try not to weave so much - though I think that time I did weave a little.

:mad: EVIL you are the one that doesn't get out of my way when I'm cruising by @ 90...thankfully I drive more on the 210 now (much better than crappy 10 - less cops and less cars) and people are much better about getting out of my way. I get out of people's way too - IF you are going faster than I am which I doubt - I've only seen a handful since I'll go faster till I hit my limit.
FOBulous
Well I've probably had to dodge your @ss because I drive on the 210 a lot as well. What kind of car do you have again? I need to know what to stay away from.
nevets1219
old Green Honda Accord (91)

what do you drive? I'mma gonna tailgate you!
FOBulous
03 GMC Envoy/metalic grey. Stay away from me... :rolling:
nevets1219
I've only had one incident of road rage (well happend to me - I was rather calm). This dude in a huge truck (crazy big tires - elveated whatnot). He got pissed because I was driving a little close when we were getting on the 71. So he tried to get really close to me. I just continued driving.
FOBulous
Yup. I'm officially never going to ride in your car. :rolling: You be crazy man!!!
nevets1219
I thought everything I said would'a convinced you otherwise...guess I was mistaken.

EDIT: besides I wasn't suffering from road rage...some hillbilly was...I'm sure everyone in CA got road raged at least once
FOBulous
:rolling: Haha... But I don't think so. If for some crazy reason I get pregnant or shot and I need to be rushed to the hospital, than you can drive me there.
nevets1219
score! Hit me up anytime you get pregnant or shot! But you would have to give directions since I'm direction-challenged.
FOBulous
:eyesroll: Oh, man. Forget it! I'll take the bus...
nevets1219
you are so not a Californian driver if you take the bus - I can get you to some sort of medical clinic eventually!! Besides its only a baby or some small bullet flesh wound - you'll be fine for hours and hours.
Harmo
Ive been driving 4 yrs and luckily none so far.......at least none that have involved me. Worse thing I did was bump into a Tercel while backing out of a space, luckily insurance wasnt involved and I had to fork over $100 or so. It helps not driving a fast car though, I think Im a much better and calmer driver after owning a slow hand me down.
I think worse was when I was in my parents car a long time ago and he braked too late at a red or something....that wasnt even serious.

That may be changing though since I got a faster car with manual which I still itch to drive everyday.

Oh and while you guys are talking about road rage I absolutely hate bad Asian drivers, speeders, tailgaters, and just plain stupidity and poor judgement on the road.
nevets1219
I don't understand why tailgaters are bad? I don't do it purposely but as I drive I just get kinda close to the other driver (kinda 1s to 2s away). Not trying to sound stupid but it does save gas (like 3%) but I don't see why it would bother a person. If a person wants to tailgate me I wouldn't mind as long as you don't hit me.

I don't have good experience with people in Benz.
jvgklan
Twice....once as the driver and the other as a passenger.

The first time I hit a guy's car cus he didn't yeild to me...he came out of nowhere.. :confused:

The second time, the SUV i was riding in fliped like 2 and 2/3 times...I'm glad no one died...I was wearing my DAI fifth aniversary t-shirt...I think that shirt saved my life ( I wasn't wearing a seat belt)... :rolling:
wakarukaya
Take the calmest guy out there, and abuse him on the road, and theres no way he'll still keep his cool.

The only times I get emotionally angry are when cars cut in front of me or tailgate me. Usually I'm the one that drives fast, but without so much weaving. Generally, if you have to go the speed limit (<71mph), get out of the carpool/fast lane. Thats my motto right there.

EDIT: "I'm doin 100 on the highway, so if you doin the speed limit get the f@$# outta my way!" Man, that song rocks when you're driving.
saiko_gal
I've narrowly missed getting hit by a semi and having a head on collision, but, no, I haven't had any accidents yet.

My sister nearly had her first accident at the MVA when she was having the test for her license. :rolling: :rolling:
nevets1219
My policy is this...if you are slower than the car to the right of you - change lanes to the right (keep repeating until you are not). Of course people on the outside lane can go slow if they are exiting or yielding on oncoming cars.
zany003
I don't think this is an auto accident, maybe it counts, but I was just backing up in a parking lot while my friends talked so fucking loud, and I "tapped" some car. The paint from my car was scraped, but I could dust it off from the other car.

I've seen an accident happen behind me one day while I was going to school. The traffic light was red, so yeah, I stopped. The car behind me stopped, too. But the car behind me got hit by the car behind itself, and the car behind that car ran into the second car... Heh, so it was a three car collision. :rolling: Luckily no one died, but I freaked out so much when the left tail light of the car behind me popped out after getting hit. It was an Integra, also.
tomikolover
Well kind of not really, my mom hit a deer once...it was scary..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.