Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
PS3 technical issues, Any problems with your machine?
clementine_dream
post Dec 29 2009, 12:21 AM
Post #1

BLOODY STATION!

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,531

So as luck would have it, my PS3 stopped working on christmas eve and all I'm getting is a blinking red light, something I hear is similar to Xbox's ring of death. I've had my machine about a year, and being the nonce that I am, I never thought to back up my data. Until now... but the damn thing won't even turn on.

I've read threads upon threads of people experiencing the same thing, and the all tend to point to one thing: I'm screwed. Logically I would fork out XX amount of money and send it to back to Sony to fix, but there seems to be various solutions to get around this, all of which carry a certain degree of risk to the machine not turning back on. Ever.

I've ragged the machine a lot so I thought I could do with a new fan since the old one had been making noises. I've heard success stories of fan replacements so I'm going to look around, but if anyone else has had problems with their machine and fixed it without having to send it back to Sony, let me know. I just need to know that I'm doing everything I can to salvage my hd before I give it the chop.

--------------------
IPB Image
Wanna play?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
HeartlessCloud
post Dec 31 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #2

Mom says butterflies aren't coming to the window anymore...

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1,634

Ack! Mine got the yellow light of death this past summer, but it sounds like you have a different issue altogether. I had to send mine in to Sony...

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
clementine_dream
post Jan 2 2010, 03:46 AM
Post #3

BLOODY STATION!

Yea I've heard too many accounts of people sending their machines back, losing their data in the process. I did bump into an old friend who used to work at an independent games retailer (imports, chipping machines etc) who mentioned something about a hack for the PS3 hdd that resolves the encryption barrier, thus allowing it to be read from a pc. I looked into this but as it turns out, it's not possible. I'm still trying to find a replacement fan though.

--------------------
IPB Image
Wanna play?
+Quote Post
clementine_dream
post Jan 20 2010, 04:04 AM
Post #4

BLOODY STATION!

I did a reflow and now it's working again! I need to buy an external drive though, so I can backup my data. I ain't even gonna start Bayonetta until then. wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Wanna play?
+Quote Post
shidosan
post Jan 23 2010, 01:17 AM
Post #5

Fanatic (I can choose my own title now)

Member No.: 1,821

QUOTE(clementine_dream @ Jan 20 2010, 04:04 AM) *

I did a reflow and now it's working again! I need to buy an external drive though, so I can backup my data. I ain't even gonna start Bayonetta until then. wink.gif

What model PS3 you got? I got a launch 60gb Japanese one, and so far so good. It's froze on me a few times, but restarting it seemed to do the trick. I really hope it doesn't die, cause all the ps2 games I picked up in Japan are gonna be useless then.
+Quote Post
HeartlessCloud
post Jan 24 2010, 11:42 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(clementine_dream @ Jan 19 2010, 11:04 PM) *

You can just save your save game data on a USB drive or SD card if you want to have your save files backed up. That way you can start your game and not worry about losing your progress.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
clementine_dream
post Feb 11 2010, 09:39 PM
Post #7

BLOODY STATION!

QUOTE(HeartlessCloud @ Jan 24 2010, 11:42 PM) *

You can just save your save game data on a USB drive or SD card if you want to have your save files backed up. That way you can start your game and not worry about losing your progress.

Yeah minus all the music and video files on the HD, I managed to whittle it down to 14 gb. And it's all backed up. Especially my Street Fighter IV trophies... would've been heartbroken if I'd lost those. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Wanna play?
+Quote Post
jvgklan
post May 2 2010, 02:51 AM
Post #8

Addicted

Member No.: 1,960

Yeah, I know how you feel. I had to restart FF 13. Had the YLoD recently. The disc got stuck in the system too. I seriously went through the phases of facing death. Shock, Denial, Anger, Depression, then Acceptance...But busting out my disc kinda made me feel better. Oh, my data..my data....
+Quote Post
HeartlessCloud
post Jun 11 2010, 04:04 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(clementine_dream @ Feb 11 2010, 05:39 PM) *

QUOTE(HeartlessCloud @ Jan 24 2010, 11:42 PM) *

Yeah minus all the music and video files on the HD, I managed to whittle it down to 14 gb. And it's all backed up. Especially my Street Fighter IV trophies... would've been heartbroken if I'd lost those. sad.gif
Trophies get saved online with your username. =]

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hekio
post Aug 24 2011, 01:21 AM
Post #10

Devoted

Member No.: 3,179

plz remove my post admin wrong topic

--------------------
IPB Image

It took me almost 2 years, but i finally got 100 post in a forum! Yay for the Dai forum! Yay for Yuki!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9B3PHERZBM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 02:14 PM
eXTReMe Tracker

Skin designed by Ghost. Modified by Stovila