Reply to this topicStart new topic
What a show!!
shidosan
post Dec 24 2007, 01:43 PM
Post #1

Fanatic (I can choose my own title now)

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,821

Whew, well I did it. I saw MI live on Christmas Eve. And what a show it was! This wasn't a one man performance, so they only played 8 songs I believe (my ears are still ringing so I can't think straight lol)
Their set was something like this:
1. Manic Monday
2. New Song
3. Odoroyo Honey
4. New Song
5. Moroheiya Dandy
6. Fit
7. Missile Innovation
Encore
8. Akai Sweetpea

And damn do they sound awesome live! The other two bands that played before MI paled in comparison. It's a shame that MI isn't getting more buzz than they do! Here are some highlights:

- the two new songs sound great. especially the second one they played (#4). If only I knew what they were called lol
- during the band introductions, the twins both introduced themselves as simply "Hayashi", to which everyone laughed at. They remarked how they don't look alike now, since Yoshi's got some wild hair!
- during one of the mcs, ryo made a remark about wishing everyone a merry christmas, but not really knowing what that means. (very few christians in Japan, plus it's not even a holiday). He prefers New Years. Why? Because you spend all day drinking! haha it's so like him to say something like that.
- tonight's rendition of "Missile Innovation" was an epic monster - I swear it lasted 10 minutes. It went from regular, to a reggae christmas song, to some slow melodic piece, then to the absolutely longest and sickest solo I've seen Ryo pull off, ever. I love his solos with Do As Infinity, but this one was by far his most impressive, in my opinion.
- I bought some cool MI gear. A black MI tshirt, red and blue banner, and a wristband. woohoo!
- the next highlight? where I was standing! Directly in the middle, not even 15 ft from the stage. I could vividly see their faces up close, and even the chords Ryo was playing on his guitar!
- but the absolute best part? This!

IPB Image

I hung around a bit outside afterwards with some other MI fans. Eventually, I saw the twins come out and load up the van, and finally Ryo came out. He was talking to the other fans like he knew them personally, so I think they're regulars at MI concerts. I had the hardest time mustering up the courage to ask for a picture, but I did. He even shook my hand. Too bad I didn't get all 3 of them though.

What a night!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DAIsuki
post Dec 24 2007, 01:56 PM
Post #2

Groupie

Member No.: 4,137

omg omg!!! can i safe the pic you took plz??! and do you think the vids gonna get uploaded??? i wanna watch Ryo play that solo!! I love Ryo so much...(i'm not gay) lets wish we'll get to see more from MI...it's to bad MI din get as many cheers as the others do...lets hope the cometinue to ROCK ON!! RYO ROCKS!!
+Quote Post
Yuki911
post Dec 24 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #3

Lalalala...YEAH!

Member No.: 3,725

Lucky lucky!!
Did you talk with Ryo? By the pic I can see he's still the crazy man he was ^^
I can't wait for hear the new songs and I hope they maka another single or album...

--------------------
+Quote Post
houndtooth
post Dec 24 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #4

ガゼット.

Member No.: 3,471

Wow thats so freaking awesome!

That just made your Christmas one that you will remember for times to come. laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
shidosan
post Dec 24 2007, 03:50 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(DAIsuki @ Dec 24 2007, 01:56 PM) *

omg omg!!! can i safe the pic you took plz??! and do you think the vids gonna get uploaded??? i wanna watch Ryo play that solo!! I love Ryo so much...(i'm not gay) lets wish we'll get to see more from MI...it's to bad MI din get as many cheers as the others do...lets hope the cometinue to ROCK ON!! RYO ROCKS!!

Sure, you can save the pic if you want lol. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there will be a dvd of the concert. Shibuya O-West is a pretty small place, and although I saw some of the staff filming stuff, there wasn't an announcement whether the footage would be sold or not. I would have filmed it myself, but policy on these kinds of concerts are that photography of any kind is not allowed.

Ryo did give one of the other fans a DVD or CD of something. Not sure what it was, but yea, that's how familiar he is with them. They even brought him some presents and stuff. Pretty cool. I think that just shows how much of a nice guy he is, and that what you see on stage is what you get off stage.

QUOTE(Yuki911 @ Dec 24 2007, 03:08 PM) *

Lucky lucky!!
Did you talk with Ryo? By the pic I can see he's still the crazy man he was ^^
I can't wait for hear the new songs and I hope they maka another single or album...

Oh man I wanted to say something like "great show man"... or anything. But my mind went blank. I'm embarrassed as it is speaking in Japanese over here, so when I saw him I just froze up lol. I'm glad I was able to ask for the picture though. I wanted to say something to Yoshi too, but I just couldn't find the words. For the first time in my life, I was starstruck lol. They are the biggest celebrities I've met in person, even though MI isn't all that popular in Japan right now.

By the way, if I'm not mistaken I think I saw the place where Do As played their debut street live. According to the Japanese wikipedia, it's located in front of the Hachiko statue - which is one of the exits to Shibuya Station. Well during the day you can't tell with the shops open, but last night after most of the shops closed, I was having coffee at the starbucks directly accross from the Hachiko exit, and what do you know? With the shop's shutters closed, it looked exactly like it did in their debut video lol. I gotta go back and take a picture sometime.

*Edit*
Now I know what the presents were! Ryo just updated his blog about tonight's concert saying that he got some strawberries and Chanmery after the show. He was talking about wanting to drink Chanmery (which is non-alcoholic) during an mc. He said that Chanmery looks like champagne so underage kids drink it to feel like adults. But, since he never had a chance to drink it when he was young, he felt like having a bottle. So that's why those fans went into the convenience store while they were waiting for MI to come out lol.
+Quote Post
DAIsuki
post Dec 24 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #6

Groupie

Member No.: 4,137

aww..that's nice of him..*envy* do you think he would let you hug him if you asked?? I'm really glad to see Ryo still got fans to do such things for him!! oh btw,how tall are you actually,i once read that Ryo's about 180cm but you look taller that him in the pic!!
+Quote Post
deathangel
post Dec 24 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #7

For Our Future, Love & Peace

Member No.: 4,042

i am so envy of u........................hahahahahah

--------------------
IPB Image

I ask of thee, art thou mankind?
Nay, I am the world.
~Bibliotheca Mystica de Dantalian~

Lastfm: http://www.last.fm/user/deathangel2 <----Add if you have an account.
+Quote Post
Joe Nagao
post Dec 24 2007, 05:43 PM
Post #8

Addicted

Member No.: 2,674

THATS AWESOME!!! I have to go see him live now~!

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
virilevocalist
post Dec 24 2007, 06:04 PM
Post #9

Mahna Mahna (doot-dooot doo-doo-doot)

Member No.: 2,013

WOW. THAT'S FUCKING AWESOME DUDE! ohmy.gif

now, another person joins the select club of DAIForum members who have met and or had their picture taken with a member of DAI...

Mojo, Fob, RyuSou, Seven, BanchanFan, Chesed and (that's as far as my memory serves me) and now Shidosan!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ANNA
post Dec 24 2007, 06:07 PM
Post #10

DO AS ITALY!!! *daiforum informer girl*

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1,087

O____________O

I'm so happy for you, shidosan! buncry.gif (tears of joy)

when some of us can meet our idols I see my dream not so impossible to realize! foxhm.gif

--------------------
29.09.1999 - The beginning of a dream ^.^
29.09.2005 - why!!?? T_T
29.09.2008 - DO THE BACK!!! O_O
29.09.2009 - 10TH ANNIVERSARY *O*
29.09.2012 - 13TH ANNIVERSARY + "Ban-chan got married!" announcement!!!
25.02.2015 - new album "BRAND NEW DAYS"
IPB Image
Visit my J-MUSIC BLOG: http://jmusicblog.wordpress.com/
+Quote Post
Stovila
post Dec 24 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #11

♫ + DAI = :)

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 845

Did you kiss him shidosan? xD

--------------------
+Quote Post
shidosan
post Dec 24 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(DAIsuki @ Dec 24 2007, 04:28 PM) *

aww..that's nice of him..*envy* do you think he would let you hug him if you asked?? I'm really glad to see Ryo still got fans to do such things for him!! oh btw,how tall are you actually,i once read that Ryo's about 180cm but you look taller that him in the pic!!

I'm just a bit over 185cm... plus the road was sloping down a bit so it probably made me look taller. As far as Japanese people go, MI is pretty tall lol.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2016 - 04:50 PM
eXTReMe Tracker

Skin designed by Ghost. Modified by Stovila